Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Who is a good manager in the championship

Great managers:

None

Good managers:

Gus Poyet

Steve Bruce

Gianfranco Zola

Mick McCarthy

Billy Davies

Chris Powell

Nigel Adkins

Dougie Freedman

Kenny Jackett

OK managers:

NIGEL PEARSON

Mark Robins

Lee Clarke

David Flitcroft

Sean O'Driscoll

Darren Ferguson

Nigel Clough

Sean Dyche

Dave Jones

Dean Saunders

Tony Mowbray

Michael Appleton

Malky Mackay

Ian Holloway

Managers I'm not keen on:

Neil Warnock

I've probably missed a few.

This

Zola's not proven anything yet. I thought he was clueless at West Ham and he's been massively helped with these loan players. In some big games he's done things like rested Vydra or some crazy shit.

He can't be that great if Watford are below Hull when they've clearly the better players/team on their day.

Di Matteo has at least got some promotions on his CV, one at this level.

I'm not sure why anyone is rating the likes of Powell, Freedman and Jackett above Pearson when they've done less than him at this level. Even if Bolton make the play-offs he's still done it with a Premiership squad unlike Pearson who did it with a League 1 squad.

Shaun Dyche or whatever his name is, he sounds like he smokes 100 malboros a day!

The main reason I want him in as Leicester manager is that he smokes alot

He's a messy eater as well.

If he becomes manager I hope every fan gets a free packet of wotsits.

True, could probably put Adkins up a bracket. I just thought he took a couple of seasons to get Southampton going and if it were at Leicester he'd probably never have been given the time.

He got them promoted in his first season there!

Some of the rankings here are so stupid. People saying Poyet is a PL manager but he hasn't even matched NP's achievements yet nor have quite a few of the managers on there. People like Mick McCarthy, McDermott, Mackay, Mowbray has all gained promotion from this league so by virtue that makes them the best managers in this league.

Archived