Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

City Part Company By Mutual Consent With...

I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye.

I'm going by the managers decision anyway.

I have been very impressed with Craigs transfer policy since he has arrived and you can 100% see that the players he has signed are of a higher quality than what we had.

If the thinks Canero wasn't up to it, then so be it.

Exactly - if anybody's contract should be cancelled it should be Morris's. At least Canero got back to full fitness and would have been useful if needed. Morris is a waste of space.

145173[/snapback]

I am not sure they cancel contracts if a player is injured, and if he is not injured then he should go. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

Im very disappointed in this although it is of no great shock. Canero hasn't put a foot wrong at this club and we have a small enough squad as it is. Lee Morris or Jason Wilcox should be sacked if CL is adamant on getting rid of players.

I have always felt Canero has played well for us and can play LB, RB, LM, and RM. A versatile player. Stupid decision by Levein, and one I can see him regretting further on in the season.

145212[/snapback]

Actually you can't in all honesty say that as you don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

As for choosing Morris or Wilcox, well don't they play on the left - hardly a straight choice.

I also think people are being somewhat short sighted over Wilcox sure he's of the experienced type but he's yet to have a fair crack at playing for LCFC, he was never fully match fit last season and got a terrible injury early on, for heavens sake people were moaning about him against Inter, the first 90 mins more or less that he's done in 9 months. Give the bloke a chance.

Im very disappointed in this although it is of no great shock. Canero hasn't put a foot wrong at this club and we have a small enough squad as it is. Lee Morris or Jason Wilcox should be sacked if CL is adamant on getting rid of players.

I have always felt Canero has played well for us and can play LB, RB, LM, and RM. A versatile player. Stupid decision by Levein, and one I can see him regretting further on in the season.

145212[/snapback]

Actually you can't in all honesty say that as you don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

As for choosing Morris or Wilcox, well don't they play on the left - hardly a straight choice.

I also think people are being somewhat short sighted over Wilcox sure he's of the experienced type but he's yet to have a fair crack at playing for LCFC, he was never fully match fit last season and got a terrible injury early on, for heavens sake people were moaning about him against Inter, the first 90 mins more or less that he's done in 9 months. Give the bloke a chance.

145223[/snapback]

Agree with all that Davie. The way some people in this thread have been saying how poorly Canero's been treated etc I really don't understand. The fact is, in the time CL has been at the club he hasn't been impressed with Canero and neither have I tbh. Some people make out that Levein hates the bloke and has got him cleaning the toilets instead of playing football.

but the thing is that he was about 6th choice rightback anyway plus from what he said earlier it sounded like he knew he might be on his way when he said about keeping going until something came up,

no loss to the team, and now we will get some more funds for a striker!

Maybury

Kisnorbo

McCarthy

Stearman

Gerrbrand

These can all play right back and i bet they would all be better than him there.

Good luck anyway Canary

Wilcox sure he's of the experienced type but  he's yet to have a fair crack at playing for LCFC,

145223[/snapback]

Neither has Canero. But at least Canero has some years left in him.

Agree with all that Davie. The way some people in this thread have been saying how poorly Canero's been treated etc I really don't understand. The fact is, in the time CL has been at the club he hasn't been impressed with Canero and neither have I tbh. Some people make out that Levein hates the bloke and has got him cleaning the toilets instead of playing football.

145227[/snapback]

So you think sending a professional footballer to play with the under 19s in the Westerby Cup on a consistent basis is an acceptable way to treat Canero? I don't think it is. Whatever Canero's faults were, Levein should have given him a chance in the reserves at least. When the likes of Nathan Blake and Scott Gemmill got more appearances than Canero last season it gets beyond a joke. Why should Canero put the effort in when it's obvious Levein wasn't going to play him in the reserves?

145227[/snapback]

So you think sending a professional footballer to play with the under 19s in the Westerby Cup on a consistent basis is an acceptable way to treat Canero? I don't think it is. Whatever Canero's faults were, Levein should have given him a chance in the reserves at least. When the likes of Nathan Blake and Scott Gemmill got more appearances than Canero last season it gets beyond a joke. Why should Canero put the effort in when it's obvious Levein wasn't going to play him in the reserves?

145239[/snapback]

First of all Jonbluefox I'm not sure I'm happy for you to say you agree with me and then to put down things I haven't said or eluded to. All I said was, and I would say the same to Anish is we don't know the facts, Canero may have done something 'quite naughty' as in regularly late for training, attacked someone, been dishonest in some way, I don't know and I guess we shouldn't speculate but I can't believe that CL treated PC the way he did for a laugh, for the hell of it or just to be vindictive as it would prove to be counter productive as in no transfer fee.

The simple fact is we cannot criticise CL over PC as we do not know the facts. period.

145212[/snapback]

Can't see why he doesn't get rid of the other two you mentioned as well rather than instead.

According to GTfox on the foxfanzine website he reckons Canero & Morris are both on £12000.

145263[/snapback]

That cant be right, surely? :o:whistle:

145297[/snapback]

No wonder football clubs are going to the wall. Have we even had £12,000 a year's worth out of em let alone £12,000 a week. God I wish I was young again.

According to GTfox on the foxfanzine website he reckons Canero & Morris are both on £12000.

145263[/snapback]

no man who drives a Ford Ka can earn £12,000 a week, it's just not on. Must be exaggerated.
He has been seen in that car with the number plate. :D:D:thumbup:;)

It has come as a little shock, but as a number of people have said on this thread, we don't know the full picture. I thought Canero would have acted as a good squad player, fulfilling a number of positions - Something Levein is keen on.

However, Canero did sign while we were in the Premiership, and there was interest from Celtic, so I suppose the rumoured figures may not be far off.

He was unfit and liable to injury again.  Why keep a player that you might use when you can spend the money on a player you must have. ie another striker.

145356[/snapback]

That all applies to Wilcox and Morris too :unsure:

The simple fact is we cannot criticise CL over PC as we do not know the facts. period.

145247[/snapback]

Wise words but look at the majority of points of view made by all posters on here since day one and the same argument goes.

The lack of knowing the facts has not stopped you making your points in the past and therefore should not be used as an argument against those you disagree with.

He was unfit and liable to injury again.  Why keep a player that you might use when you can spend the money on a player you must have. ie another striker.

145356[/snapback]

That all applies to Wilcox and Morris too :unsure:

145363[/snapback]

Morris yes. He has had different niggling injuries while at Leicester...

Where as Wilcox has had one of those horrible serious injuries which he has done well to get back playing from.

145247[/snapback]

Wise words but look at the majority of points of view made by all posters on here since day one and the same argument goes.

The lack of knowing the facts has not stopped you making your points in the past and therefore should not be used as an argument against those you disagree with.

145369[/snapback]

Why not?

I'm not too upset, but what I am upset about is we have one out and out right back and one centre back who can cover there. We also only have one right sided midfielder, which is another position Canero can cover.

There's more than meets the eye here and it appears Canero and Levein have a personality clash or something. It happens in football and we should respect the manager's decision. I am happy with Craig Levein as manager, so i'm not going to question his decision on this as I don't know the background information. I would be keen to hear the whole truth about the Canero-gate. It's rumbled on for months and I imagine Canero will blurt it out once he's found a club.

The savings on his wages hopefully will allow us to bring in the striker Craig wants.

All the best Peter, you looked promising when were in the premiership. I hope injuries don't blight the rest of your career and you get off to a good start at your next club.

145247[/snapback]

145369[/snapback]

Why not?

145379[/snapback]

Because.

145247[/snapback]

145369[/snapback]

Why not?

145379[/snapback]

Because.

145493[/snapback]

:D

Archived