Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goddard

When was the last time you had a better day as a city fan?

In order - the best LCFC scenarios I've personally experienced:

1 - Yesterday Afternoon:

Me, my brother and my dad crowded round the radio, hanging onto every word, experiencing the dull pain and resignation of the first goal inside 3 minutes but the realisation that Blackpool were doing us a massive favour - Game On!.

Then the joy of the turning it around before HT, Bolton back in it with 2 quick goals, resignation again as we can't defend crosses 2-2, the agonising pain from 60-85 minutes, but Bolton still drawing, then the unthinkable happens, through the garbled shouts of Stringer and Youngy Knocky's put it in 3-2!!!

We're in delirium, shouting, jumping, shaking the room. Then the most agonising 5 minutes of my life, the ref keeps finding time, Schmeichel makes some key saves at the death, the whistle goes, first away win since 1972! The trees felled, but what about Bolton?

It's still 2-2, they're in stoppage, and then it's over, the whistle goes!!!!! The best afternoon of sport I've ever experienced!

2 - Steve Howard's Last Minute Winner against Leeds

Sadly this was the only game I attended in the League 1 season, but this game was massive and against dirty Leeds no less! Gradel with the corner in the last minute, somehow the whole stadium knew it was a goal as it left his boot, we're all up and then chaos! Me, my brother, dad, cousin and uncle all go mental in the stands!

3 - The Playoff 2nd Leg vs Cardiff - 2010

I'm at university, living in Coventry, struggling to find somewhere that's showing the game. Finally find a pub that is. I go in, and everyone else is watching the Europa Cup final between Fulham and Athletico Madrid, there's one TV showing the leicester match. I'm the only leicester fan in there, I notice some other guy is watching too though - a cardiff fan! We had a great banterous night, 0-1 was doable, but suddenly we were 0-2 down on aggregate. Then the elation of Fryatt's first that inexplicably crept over the line, then Howard's 'presence' forces Hudson to put in his own net, then later, who other than Andy King pops up to nod in Gallagher's cross. Whilst it ultimately ended badly for us, the nerves, the high and lows, the elation of coming back from 0-2 to be winning 3-2 and possibly the most passionate blood sweat and tears performance I've ever seen from LCFC made it a special night.

Much better than Man city's scabby last minute league winning effort last year.

I was thinking that after full time, this is our version of 'AGUERRRROOOOOOOO!!!!!!'

Very similar in a number of ways, except we've not quite done the job yet....

The play off final against Derby. Everything about it, especially the city fans walking around with a sheep's head on a stick arguing with the stewards that it wasn't on the list of prohibited items. Epic day. But then again I was there and wasn't there yesterday!

Archived