Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goddard

When was the last time you had a better day as a city fan?

Still in shock, we made the playoffs, how? lol

It's up there with the palace playoff final, but breaking forests hearts, and doing what seemed a lost cause makes today better.

Come on Leicester 3 more days like today, I think I can take it 😜

The only day comparable to this was when we beat Leeds in League 1. I was actually at that game so I got to experience the most mental communal celebrations ever. That was also an early kick off and I got to enjoy the rest of the day in the sun with my mates (well partly in the sun, partly watching re-runs of 'Oh they've done it! Steven Howard! A giant goal from the big man!')

Still, me and my dad going nuts in our house was pretty special. There's been some friction between us recently so it was great for us to bond the old fashioned way again.

That Leeds game was 4 years ago though, could be another 4 years before I feel like this again. You've got to live for these moments. Had a smile on my face since 2:45 or whenever it was.

TBH, I don't think we'll ever have a more perfect result than this, even though at the end of it we're still not promoted.

Best times for me were the playoff finals, & the league cup wins at Hillsborough & Wembley in a long spell that we made Wembley our second home for about a decade & the tie against Athletico Madrid... Those moments were all so great

But this was next best.

Not only for us getting in the playoffs which is staggering after our decline since Feb, but doing it at Forest's expense...... in their own backyard.... & in the last minute

Priceless

I know it's a bit cliché and a bit gay but days like today are why supporting an average club is much better than a big one. Imagine winning every week. Did you see the United title winning celebrations? They were just casually clapping and smiling. Nothing on ours today. When you know what it's like to be shit it makes occasionally doing something fúcking special the best feeling in the world. 

Couldn't agree more Scousefox. I almost feel sorry for fans of the top Premier League teams who I imagine feel satisfaction or disappointment but rarely to any extreme, if at all. Today was such a monumental result, beyond all expectation, and since 12.45 I've experienced immense fear, bewilderment and pure esctacy - in these circumstances it's hard to put into words what today means. It's quite frankly effin' magical! Even if we don't get promotion, today is a day to remember

I'm 15 so this is the best moment in my Leicester city life and this even beats the moment we were confirmed champions as league 1, where my 11 year old full kit w*anker self ran around my garden chanting Leicester songs!

I know it's a bit cliché and a bit gay but days like today are why supporting an average club is much better than a big one. Imagine winning every week. Did you see the United title winning celebrations? They were just casually clapping and smiling. Nothing on ours today. When you know what it's like to be shit it makes occasionally doing something fúcking special the best feeling in the world. 

too true!!!! Oxford Utd......Tony James for me  .....but today has been right up next to it!

I don't think we have ever witnessed a day like this before.

Usually it would be 'typical of us' to be in Bolton's shoes and throw it away, so to be a successful underdog is a very very strange, but exciting feeling.

I think as well it takes a lot of pressure off us going into the playoffs, as i think there pressure is now coming from hope rather than expectation, we have nothing to lose now really, whether we go up through the play-offs or not i think today's game could be huge for the players in the future, who no longer have to hold the tag of 'bottlers'.

When we made the play offs last time. I was at Deepdale, King scored and we won 1-0... I say that because I'd never seen us in the play offs before (I mean attending the games and remember it, because previously before that I younger and cannot remember it).

It's just great/proud to see us within the top six. I've had a season ticket, and being going regular since 2002/03, so I haven't had much to cheer - apart from Micky Adam's promotion, and then all Pearson's three seasons (including this one).

Archived