Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WeAreGoingUp

Travel to Watford (A)

What forms of transport are people using? Train from Leicester is a joke really. 

May train it from Rugby. Seems the only viable option other than driving. 

Nuneaton too mate I've heard. We were having a minibus, but with an 8 seater, 5 of us have tickets- 1 of whom doesn't want to drink. 2 missed out and aren't bothering travelling down now either. So the lad who didn't want to drink is driving his car

Leave at 9, there for about 10. Park at that girls grammar school I imagine. Is the away pub still that one on the corner that has a fairly decent sized back yard?

Nuneaton too mate I've heard. We were having a minibus, but with an 8 seater, 5 of us have tickets- 1 of whom doesn't want to drink. 2 missed out and aren't bothering travelling down now either. So the lad who didn't want to drink is driving his car

Leave at 9, there for about 10. Park at that girls grammar school I imagine. Is the away pub still that one on the corner that has a fairly decent sized back yard?

Yeah mate, think its called Oddfellows from memory.

Looked at Nuneaton but the train gets in a bit late at around 11.15. 

Think its gonna be the 9am train from Rugby getting to Watford at 10.07. :cheers:

I'm stuck for travel, train from LBO wants me to go via St. Albans, with a walk across there town. With a suitcase in tow and no left luggage facilities in Watford this isn't viable. Would prefer to get to Nuneaton as that's where friends are leaving from but then I'd have to carry on down to LDN to leave the suitcase then come back up to Watford which will be cutting it fine. Doesn't help with having to head back to Aberystwyth, Rugby option sounds good, but have no way other than taxi of getting there. Really in quite a bit of a pickle.

Tbh mate, I've never heard of the place, will check now.

EDIT: No mate, not one that wouldn't take me London anyway.

Only reason i ask is its 16 mins from watford i'm driving down from leicester and getting train from there as it's a dam site cheaper. If your willing to jump of a train and drop your case then jump on the next one. I could sort your case if you dont mind a mini detour to pick it up.

Only reason i ask is its 16 mins from watford i'm driving down from leicester and getting train from there as it's a dam site cheaper. If your willing to jump of a train and drop your case then jump on the next one. I could sort your case if you dont mind a mini detour to pick it up.

I've sorted something now mate, gonna dump it in either my mates coach or a mates car depending on who arrives first. Thanks anyway.

Archived