Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

The Let's Get Revved Up For The Play-Off's Thread

Leicester v Cambridge, 2nd leg 1991/92

Leicester v Portsmouth, 1st leg 1992/93

Portsmouth v Leicester, 2nd leg 1992/93

Leicester v Tranmere, 2nd leg 1993/94

Leicester v Derby, final 1993/94

Stoke v Leicester, 2nd leg 1995/96

Leicester v Palace, final 1995/96

I've not bothered adding any play-off defeats, not interested. We're winning the fooker again this time, it's what we do.

That Claridge goal still makes me tear up every time. Beats winning the League Cup, or playing Atletico or Red Star on emotion for me.

For atmosphere, I really wish I'd been to the Cambridge and Tranmere games. Filbo was absolutely rocking.

"It's a game of chess as far as they're concerned, you can tell that with Dion Dublin's 'ead." lol. I do miss Central's Football League coverage.

Guest MattP

This is fantastic.

I still can't believe how quick time goes, those Little play off games only seem like a few years ago.

The Cambridge game for me still sticks out as one of the best nights of my footballing life, I was about 8 and stood at the front of the old carling stand. The atmosphere was unbelievable, if we can create anything like that on Thursday for noise and support then the boys will do the business for us.

OOOOH TOMMY WRIGHT

The commentry for Joachim's goal v Pompey still has me in bits now. FRIGHTENING PACE, ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENING PACE

This is fantastic.

I still can't believe how quick time goes, those Little play off games only seem like a few years ago.

You're not wrong mate, it makes me feel ancient to think that the Palace final was 17 years ago. 

May the 2013 final usher in a new generation of success  for Leicester City.  :scarf:

I get goosebumps watching all of those, even though I was very, very young for some of them! You can just feel the joy and emotion and relief flow through every single player and coach and fans alike as soon as the winning goal goes in. I can't wait to feel that again and I hope it is very much sooner rather than later that we do get to experience those feelings again!

We'd just demolished the old Main Stand to begin work on the Carling Stand.

ah ofcourse how silly of me to forget! still unsure why both legs were played there though or is that to make it fair because we lost out on a home leg first time around?

ah ofcourse how silly of me to forget! still unsure why both legs were played there though or is that to make it fair because we lost out on a home leg first time around?

The away leg was played at Fratton Park, as I'm sure a few war vets of "the Battle of Specks Lane" on here older than I could tell you.

Guest MattP

You're not wrong mate, it makes me feel ancient to think that the Palace final was 17 years ago. 

May the 2013 final usher in a new generation of success  for Leicester City.  ?

Amazing isn't it? It's flown.

So many similarities with this year and that one as well, last day sneaking in, Palace there, a end of year turn around after a lot of people calling for the gaffers head.

Let's hope in 18 months time we'll all be flying off to Madrid again. (or sat pissing into a bottle on a coach) :ph34r:

This is the greatest Leicester game of all time in my opinion, after 2 consecutive PO final defeats we finally do it against direby! get this on the big screen before kick off on Thursday night and we'll be revved up for certain

Leicester v Cambridge, 2nd leg 1991/92

Leicester v Portsmouth, 1st leg 1992/93

Portsmouth v Leicester, 2nd leg 1992/93

Leicester v Tranmere, 2nd leg 1993/94

Stoke v Leicester, 2nd leg 1995/96

Leicester v Palace, final 1995/96

I've not bothered adding any play-off defeats, not interested. We're winning the fooker again this time, it's what we do.

I remember being at the Cambridge game.

Oooooooooooo Tommy Wright was on fookin fire!!!

Magic magic atmosphere, amazing game and Greavsie on the commentary!

Happy days.....

I remember being at the Cambridge game.

Oooooooooooo Tommy Wright was on fookin fire!!!

Magic magic atmosphere, amazing game and Greavsie on the commentary!

Happy days.....

Nostalgia eh Col! You still a crock bud? If so get well soon mate!

Archived