Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Youth Players

Before commenting I suggest you go and watch some of the under 21's or 18's games

Unfortunately none of the lads mentioned are good enough to go straight into the first team so they might as well go out on loan as Pearson won't play them

To me the prime example is Moore v D e Laet

Long term I'm convinced Moore will be a better player and RDL is certainly not going to get any better

so at what point will Pearson allow Moore play for a long term gain but almost certainly a few short term balls ups?

Guest MattP

Don't want to sound negative but from the limites action I've seen I couldn't pick a single one good enough for the first team.

Before commenting I suggest you go and watch some of the under 21's or 18's games

Unfortunately none of the lads mentioned are good enough to go straight into the first team so they might as well go out on loan as Pearson won't play them

To me the prime example is Moore v D e Laet

Long term I'm convinced Moore will be a better player and RDL is certainly not going to get any better

so at what point will Pearson allow Moore play for a long term gain but almost certainly a few short term balls ups?

What makes you say that? He's 24 with limited game time and will improve all the time.

i know a bloke at work who knows tafts mum (this is not the beginning of a joke)...tafts mum reports that george asks pearson what extra stuff he can do to get close to the first team squad...pearson apparently often just blanks him...the chap who told me is not a fantasist and has no reason to try n impress me...

That seems odd - Taft was given a new contract only a few weeks ago.  You'd think he wouldn't be offered a new contract (or sign it) if Pearson didn't rate him.

None of them will go straight into the first team unless we have an absolute mare with injuries or the Thais suddenly bail and we are fooked financially. Players usually need at least one successful loan spell in league 2 or league 1 to stake a claim for a place in the first team squad, and often they end up signing into league 1 or league 2 anyway.

Well I saw bits of Schlupp, King and Moore in the academies and they were head and shoulders above these guys. Unfortunately I can't see many of them making it to our first team, I am impressed with hopper and Sesay though, but there's a way to go until they're ready!

He can't win. If he brings in young players and they cost us points then he's crucified for relying too much on young players. If he focuses on buying players in and loans out our young and inexperienced players then he's an arsehole for ignoring our 'amazing' youth products who are better than the whole first team put together according to some on here. 

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18992013-detail/story.html?#axzz2TMclLd69

Leicester City academy duo Alie Sesay and Callum Elder have both penned new deals with the club after successful seasons with the Under-21s and Under-18s sides.

The defenders join the likes of George Taft, James Pearson, Jacob Blyth, Rob Paratore, Jamie Anton and Jak McCourt in extending their stay with the club after helping Steve Beaglehole’s Under-21s take the Development League Two North title with a game to spare.

Sesay, 19, is now in his third year with the club, and is a quick and strong central defender who has been in impressive form alongside Taft for the Under-21s - captaining the team on a number of occasions in Conrad Logan’s absence.

Meanwhile, 18-year-old Australian left-back Elder has also featured for the Under-21s, who only missed out on the chance to become national champions with a 3-2 play-off defeat to Cardiff, and has been a key part of Trevor Peake’s Under-18s set-up this term.

Archived