Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Stupid Fees Paid

Mills and Beckford were both dreadful signings.

There's probably a competent Championship player in both of them, but at £1 million each and £7-8k a week it would have been a borderline justifiable outlay. Given what we paid for both, they were awful signings.

Abso...fookin....lutely!

I remember well the time when we signed Mills.

It was meant to be that Hobbs was sold because he wasn't a 'ball-playing' defender... ie he couldn't calmly bring it out from the back. Mills was signed, apparently, because he was such a player.

Need I say more?

:o

Guest MattP

Mills was the only real flop.

Beckford played well and is a goalscorer, but took flak from most of our fans because they'd rather have someone who would run around all game but not score.

Waghorn is pretty obvious, everyone wanted him here he just hasn't been as good. 

Michael Johnson? Pantsil? Fernandes? Bednar? Michael Ball?

I agree. At the time I thought the Hull one was harsh, but was plain stupidity. Still think the Birmingham red wasn't.

You mean the 2 footed lunge? Come off it.

Mills was a bad egg and a poor footballer. Much like St Ledger he was an average defender, but as a squad member and captain he was a total failure. I knew his attitude wasn't right from very early on when he moaned at the fans after one match.

For £5m or whatever it was, he was certainly a total flop, even if you don't count his disruptive and negative influence on the squad.

I didn't realise the Sven was chief financial officer who had control over how much he spent.

Most managers would spend money if they had it available and a lot that work on shoestring budgets are shielded from the risk of big money signings. No one will remember 6 bad £500k signings, but a £3m and you'll never hear the end of it. Rarely do we see people slagging off these signings when they happen. Sometimes it just doesn't work and the more you spend the more it will be noticed. But whether it £1 or £1m, you are signing a person and no one knows if that person will fit the mould.

I didn't realise the Sven was chief financial officer who had control over how much he spent.

But you'll agree he had control over who he signed?

Had these players actually been any good people wouldn't be moaning much.

A manager should always be aware of what his players will earn. He has to manage a squad of players, one man on 2k and one on 30k isn't going to promote harmony.

Archived