Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Stupid Fees Paid

Ok so i was just thinking if you look at our team in our las match and how much was spent on them you get (correct me if i'm wrong on any)

Kasper £1m

De laet £1m*

Morgan £1m

Keane loan

Schlupp £0 (from academy)

Knocky £2.6m possibly less different things quoted everywhere

King £0 (from academy)

James £1m*

Dyer £0

Wood  £2m 

Nugent £0

*Joint £2m deal

So those 11 players cost a total of £8.6m which isn't bad.

However its ****ing brilliant if you consider these three fees

Matt Mills £5m

Beckford £4m

Waghorn £3m

So on those three players a total of £12m spent on them.

I was just thinking what a good position we would be in with some smarter spending.

I was wondering what others views on this is

edit- slight changes to the fee are not really the point.

Ok so i was just thinking if you look at our team in our las match and how much was spent on them you get (correct me if i'm wrong on any)

Kasper £1m

De laet £1m*

Morgan £1m

Keane loan

Schlupp £0 (from academy)

Knocky £2.6m

King £0 (from academy)

James £1m*

Dyer £0

Wood £2m

Nugent £0

*Joint £2m deal

So those 11 players cost a total of £8.6m which isn't bad.

However its ****ing brilliant if you consider these three fees

Matt Mills £5m

Beckford £4m

Waghorn £3m

So on those three players a total of £12m spent on them.

I was just thinking what a good position we would be in with some smarter spending.

I was wondering what others views on this is

Morgan 1.8, Schmeichel 1.2

Whilst I agree that the fees for Mills, Beckford and Waghorn accumulate to £12mil, I'm not sure we ever paid this, as many of the deals had add ons for appearances, getting to the Premier League etc. Still I take your point, a lot of wasted money, however, in hindsight it's easy to say. I think most fans were excited about these signings at the time, a pity they didn't work out!

Mills was the only real flop.

Beckford played well and is a goalscorer, but took flak from most of our fans because they'd rather have someone who would run around all game but not score.

Waghorn is pretty obvious, everyone wanted him here he just hasn't been as good.

Mills wasn't even a flop. Was made a scapegoat for his transfer fee, and until he stopped playing we had the best defence in the league.

The two things that went against Mills were his fee and the two red cards he picked up.

I agree. At the time I thought the Hull one was harsh, but was plain stupidity. Still think the Birmingham red wasn't.

Mills wasn't even a flop. Was made a scapegoat for his transfer fee, and until he stopped playing we had the best defence in the league.

And his ridiculous hoofs which got us absolutely nowhere most of time. 

He wasn't a bad player, was just here at the wrong time. 

And his ridiculous hoofs which got us absolutely nowhere most of time. 

He wasn't a bad player, was just here at the wrong time. 

Agree, most defenders are hoof-ballers, they hoof it because they aren't comfortable to to anything else, majority of our previous defender were only equal to him imo. Kisnorbo and co. and they were part of the meanest defence in the country ( I think) that season, i agree, wrong time, to big price on his head and with that the expectation.

Beckford played well and is a goalscorer, but took flak from most of our fans because they'd rather have someone who would run around all game but not score.

Waghorn is pretty obvious, everyone wanted him here he just hasn't been as good. 

And with Beckford we had the lethal combination of someone who doesn't run around all game, still doesn't score and then throws a hissy fit and asks to leave the club the minute he's dropped.

Guest ttfn

Mills and Beckford were both dreadful signings.

There's probably a competent Championship player in both of them, but at £1 million each and £7-8k a week it would have been a borderline justifiable outlay. Given what we paid for both, they were awful signings.

Best defence in the league? No we didn't, him and Bamba were all over the bloody place.

Beckford played well ha ha ha ha, good one.

Archived