Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

First Fixture To Be Moved For Sky Sweepstake.

We just get a share of the money at the start of the season, every Championship club gets the same. So we could be on Sky about 15 times during the season and we'd still get the same as, say, Barnsley who will probably only be on once or twice. What a swizz!

And this is what makes me laugh when people say "Yeah but it's money for the club".

If I'm not mistaken the club said that with all the ticket sales they lost out on last season they actually didn't make any money from Sky. In so many words, had attendances been as high as they'd hoped but they got no Sky money the income would have been the same.

so how does it all work? sky approach Leicester and they agree which matches are televised, can leicester tell sky to piss off?

Am I right in thinking that clubs can face a fine or even a point reduction if they basically say no to sky?

so how does it all work? sky approach Leicester and they agree which matches are televised, can leicester tell sky to piss off?

They don't approach us, they tell us.

If we were to say no we would be sanctioned somehow, whether it be a fine or a points deduction.

Am I right in thinking that clubs can face a fine or even a point reduction if they basically say no to sky?

Yeah lol I read this somewhere, its ridiculous.

They basically run football now.

I'm sure only local authorities and the police are the only bodies that can stop sky moving matches for TV

The football club have no say in the matter

Heard last season that the home team gets £80k for any televised matches & nothing for away side

Someone correct me if i am wrong

Archived