Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Steve Claridge- Words of Wisdom?

Oh yeah, course he is. Do you not get sick and tired of banging this same old drum in every post, on every single thread? You're like a broken record.

Do you actually have a job ? apart from sitting on here day after day playing in defence ? I get sick and tired of hearing your tired voice sounding like a drum with a hole in it. You're like a billy no job with nothing else better to do.

I agree with a lot of what he says but unfortunately it's an 'ideal world' scenario.

For one thing a club like Leicester is inevitably going to have high expectations and a lot of pressure, I'd love all the fans to be fair and patient but they won't be, it's unrealistic. On the other hand, there should be expectation and they should be able to deal with it. That's how things are a big club, especially when it's been punching below it's weight. I still expect us to be in the hunt for promotion and I don't expect us to capitulate embarrassingly like last season.

I also agree with his comments on the team, but again, it's easier said than done. It seems bringing players in will be harder than it's been for quite a while.

The one thing I don't agree with is the back four being okay. It isn't, only Morgan was consistent enough for me.

Yet appears to slate us on sky but maybe its just down to frustration? He knows how well loved he is and we must hold a very special place in his heart.

What a legend

Claridge does not work for Sky? I believe you mean the Bbc and the football league show. He does still have a soft spot for us though. We need criticism we are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination we need at least two ball winners in midfield.

I wish I knew seenitall's boss, so I could tell him how much he thinks people thrive under intense pressure.

He'd say - I'm going to pay him a million quid a year for what amounts to a part time job with about 1/50 of the pressure a nurse or doctor or soldier faces - if he thinks he is under pressure the poor little lamb he doesn't know he's born. Which is what Top should say to his mob of spoilt brats (Nige included) pressure my arse........

To be fair to Steve Claridge he often talks sense and is often right.

It's just a shame that he sounds so fricking whiney when he talks. I switch off when he starts talking because he sounds so bloody miserable.

Patience my arse.

Pearson's had nearly 2 years now. Some people don't get half that in today's game. I for one, fully expect to see us firmly ensconced in the top 2 by October. Otherwise, I fully expect to see Old Badger Face signing on.

Scared of ambition? High expectations a hinderance? Go support Derby.

Patience my arse.

Pearson's had nearly 2 years now. Some people don't get half that in today's game. I for one, fully expect to see us firmly ensconced in the top 2 by October. Otherwise, I fully expect to see Old Badger Face signing on.

Some people haven't had to clear up the second biggest financial mess in our Club's history...

Some people haven't had to clear up the second biggest financial mess in our Club's history...

Do me a favour.

He knew full well what he was walking into when he accepted the job. There's managers that would kill for his budget so it doesn't wash with me, I'm afraid. We may well have to trim a little to comply with the new rules, but it'd be like getting rid of a bit of fat off a steak. A bit of nous and jiggery-pokery needed? Maybe. Financial mess? Hardly. I was once a staunch supporter of NP, but patience only lasts so long. I'm afraid his ever dwindling band of supporters are running out of material to defend him.

Guest MattP

Yeah 90 million debt and having to clear 21million off a years losses is just 'a bit of fat off the steak'.

Fcuk me.

The owners spent a lot last year as they knew this was coming. They bought the ground and did a lot of other miscellaneous financial groundwork before this came in. They know what they're doing, they wouldn't have built up a fortune if they didn't. I don't know where all these scare stories are coming from but I would wager that the losses posted next time will be nothing like the ones just gone.

Basically they've made the big expenditures already so that they don't get caught out now that its in black and white. Contrary to what the scaremongers are saying, Pearson WILL have money to spend. Possibly not as much as he'd like but certainly more than some clubs, let me tell you.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Ex-Leicester-City-star-urges-fans-patient/story-19394516-detail/story.html

Former Leicester City striker Steve Claridge has urged fans to have patience as the club launches another bid for the Premier League. City fans were heart-broken last season when Troy Deeney's late strike for Watford dumped them out of the Championship play-off semi-final. Despite being in second place two thirds of the way through the campaign, City ultimately had to resign themselves to a 10th season outside the top flight. The sole aim since the club's Thai owners took over has always been promotion and next season will be no different.

But Claridge urged fans not to put too much pressure on the players too soon.

"It is going to take some kind of understanding from the crowd and from everyone that it is no good putting pressure on from the start," said the man who sent City back into the Premier League with his 120th-minute goal in the 1996 play-off final.

"That's probably why they fell down a bit last season because of the pressure and expectation. It is not easy to play when you are expected to win things.

"Different players react in different ways to pressure. Some enjoy it, some thrive on it but some don't like playing like that.

"It will be interesting to see what the expectation will be this year – there is no doubt when teams play under that sort of pressure they can find it a struggle.

"The expectation should be, look, 'let's see this team settle, let's see this team develop and let's have a look at this at Christmas unless it is an absolute disaster'."

City's performance last season was definitely a tale of two halves.

At the end of January, they were sitting pretty in the automatic promotion spots.

But an abysmal run of just three wins from 17 Championship games after that saw them relying on a stoppage-time winner on the final day of the season proper to creep into the top six.

"They will just want more consistency next season," said Claridge. "If they do that, they'll probably make the play-offs and might even nick an automatic spot.

"I think they also might need to strengthen a bit in central midfield and they need more consistency from the wide players.

"The back four did okay, albeit for one or two hairy moments. Up front they have got players who can score goals but they went through some poor patches.

"Also they need a little bit more strength when they are not on the ball.

"They are very good, as a lot of teams are, when they have got the ball, and look nice with it, but when they haven't got it, they look a bit vulnerable."

Hmmmmm

Steve is saying EXACTLY what I've been saying all of last season.

:thumbup:

Guest MattP

They know what they're doing, they wouldn't have built up a fortune if they didn't.

Of course in addition to that knowledge it helps to have a monopoly on duty free given to you by a corrupt government that will also turn a blind eye to any deleterious behaviour you engage in whilst extorting your profits.

Of course in addition to that knowledge it helps to have a monopoly on duty free given to you by a corrupt government that will also turn a blind eye to any deletrious behaviour you engage in whilst extorting your profits.

Possibly first use of deletrious in FT history..........nice

Patience my arse.

patience is a cop out word ! we need to be up there and quick ! tough league this year with ffp !

Archived