Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

City fans’ verdict on the new shirt

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-fans-8217-verdict-new-shirt/story-19489803-detail/story.html

Leicester City's new strip proved a big hit with fans who turned up for a special autograph signing session at King Power Stadium.

Supporters snapped up the new design, which includes golden stripes down the sides and gold trim on the sleeves, when it was launched at the Fanstore on Saturday.

Many then stood in line to have their new purchase signed by 19 members of the first-team squad, who sat beside the King Power pitch.

Many of those who travelled had not even seen the shirt until they bought it, but they said they weren't disappointed.

Nathan Crossley, aged 20 from Long Eaton, left his house at 6.30am to travel to meet his City heroes.

"I was the first in the queue and it has been worth it," he said. "It is different with the gold in the collar but I like the new shirt.

"Surely this has to be the shirt we finally get promoted in, especially after last season."

Ryan Willday, aged 19 from Leicester, loved the golden touch. "I wasn't sure about the collar but it is okay and I like the golden touches," he said. "I hadn't see it before I came but I would have bought it anyway.

"I would wear a bin-liner if it had a City badge on it."

Tracey Wrighten, aged 40 from Eyres Monsell, and 11-year-old Elise also loved the shirt and enjoyed meeting the City players.

"I like the shirt and the fact we have all the signatures on it is a bonus," said Tracey.

"I am still going to wear it. We are both season-ticket holders and we like to show our colours.

"It was great to get all the autographs but I really wish Kasper Schmeichel had been here."

Elise said the gold was a big hit with her. "I really like the shirt and it was brilliant to meet all the players," she said.

"I hope they can go all the way this year."

Sean Scotchbrook, of Nuneaton, has been collecting City shirts for 37 years.

"I get the shirt every year and try to get it signed for my collection," said the 42-year-old.

"I was brought down here as a young kid and a friend bought me a shirt, and I have been collecting them ever since.

"I really like the new on. You worry because it is Puma and a lot of teams have their strip made by them that it will look like everyone else's shirt, but it is really distinctive and stands out."

Guest MattP

"I would wear a bin-liner if it had a City badge on it."

No. You wouldn't.

Some of this lot actually would.

Still have no idea what the gold is about or what it has to do Leicester City.

Guest MattP

The colour gold is considered lucky in Thailand

Fcuking hell. What a strategy our owners have in place.

We've tried throwing money at Sven, we've tried bringing in Nige and cutting the wage bill....

"What's next Top?"

"Errrr....put some Gold on the shirt and stick some Elephants outside the ground"

lol

We've tried throwing money at Sven, we've tried bringing in Nige and cutting the wage bill....

"What's next Top?"

"Errrr....put some Gold on the shirt and stick some Elephants outside the ground"

lol

Worked for Cardiff...

"What's next Top?"

lol

And don't forget the Tibetan Monks to bless the place! ;) 

Some of this lot actually would.

Still have no idea what the gold is about or what it has to do Leicester City.

you could argue the badge has gold(ish) in it but lets be about right - it makes not fooking difference because it is just a crap shirt in a long list of many crap shirts! I don't understand the upset it seems to be causing some people. Just don't buy it if you don't like it?

"What's next Top?"

lol

lol

Guest MattP

"Fan who says 'I would wear a bin liner with a Leicester badge on' gives thumps up to new City shirt"

:scarf:

I'm still struggling to digest that bit about the person who left their house at half six in the morning. I love City as much as the next fan but there's only one place I would be at that time - in my pit.

Guest MattP

Someone search for these on Facebook, I'll bet a pound to a penny one of them is a full kit willy puller on the profile picture.

Archived