Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brenfox

Monaco player ratings?

I was there, disappointing to lose like that but we need to accept that we were beaten but a very good side that have a wealth of talent.

I've been shocked at some of the levels of criticism the players have received as none of midfield for example will be playing against Moutinho and Toulalan this season so always going to be tough.

Had we taken a couple of first half chances, who knows.....

Anyway, my ratings:

Schmeichel - 7 - Typical game, some good saves, could do nothing with the goals

De Laet - 8 - Im giving him an 8 for his workrate and attacking play, caused them problems. His final ball needs work but he could terrorise the Championship

Konchesky - 6 - Steady to be fair, typical Konch. Often was left 2 on 1 which is the downside of a 3-5-2

SSL - 7 - OK,

Morgan - 8 - Very good, normal Wes

Whitbread - 7 - Steady also, didnt actually do alot wrong. A fit Whitbread WILL be a good option this season

James - 8 - Very busy, looks our best midfielder currently

King - 6 - I like King but he seemed to struggle to get involved alot. I felt James and Drinky had the ball more

Drinkwater - 7 - Did ok for me. Again, dont get the stick he gets, a confident Drinkwater could be a good asset again this season

Wood - 6 - Average game but in his defence, lacked great service.

Vardy - 7 - Im giving him a 7 because he worked very hard and showed a few bits of nice link up play. Still needs some work but looks better and sharper

Subs

Moore - 7 - looked decent when he moved to CB, loved it when he 'gymed' their striker and sat him down!!

Schlupp - 7 - Frustrating as hell!! He has pace to burn and looked good in attacking positions but he needs to work on his final cross/shot. Not a LB though

Bakayogo - 6 - Did ok but wasnt on long and not really tested. Didnt get chance to see how quick he is

Dyer - 6 - Not great but they knew how to play against him and he couldnt get into the game.

Knockaert - 6 - Again not great, he disappointed me more than anyone, lack of fight, created next to little and looks way short of his best.

Marshall - 6 - Did ok in centre mid but still nothing special, looks way short of his best and for me, not yet living up to his potential

Gallagher - 6 - Pointless sub for me... i like Gally in centre mid but bringing him on at RB was odd. Didnt do alot wrong though to be fair

Danns - 6 - Average performance and typical Danns, plenty of energy but defo the weakest of our other 3 centre mids. May do ok in the battles this season though, squad player

Waghorn - 6 - Didnt do alot but like my Wood comments, he lacked service and was up on his own

I know we lost 3-0 so people may think my ratings are very kind but im basing it on the fact we played superior opposition.

You may be able to see that i felt the first half team did alot better against their best side. 2nd half, they made changes and we didnt capitalise. Our lads that came on 2nd half didnt do enough for me to get the shirt.

Credit to NP as well, he tried out 3 different formations in the match which was good to see

Pretty much agree with the post above. The one player I was keen to see for us was Whitbread and how he dealt with the pace and skill of a side like Monaco. Pretty encouraging performance from him, he wasn't top class, but for a player who has barely featured and is known to lack pace himself I feel he did fairly well.

I watched it live on live stream on pc.

Kasper 5: made 3 decent saves but his long kicks were dreadful. Straight to the monaco keeper many of them.

Morgan 7: again, made some great tackles and proved why he is the best CB in the division.

Whitbread 5: pretty average.  his distribition improved since i last saw him

St Ledger 4: at fault for 1 goal.  Not up to it if you ask me.  Average for this division.

de Laet 7: Looked decent further forward as part of a 3-5-2. 

Knockhaert 2: awful, the worst game I've seen him in.  Looks overweight too.

James 6: had a few chances.  Proved he's our best midfielder.

King 4: Below par. Sloppy passing.

Marshall 6: made a few good passes and got into crossing positions.  One of the more attacking players.

Vardy 5: Looks quick and fit but his first touch let him down many times.

Wood 6: Good hold up play, got little service.

Waghorn 6: Looked strong and held the ball up well. Again lacked proper service.

Konchesky 5: hardly in the game. didn't do enough running.

Others: all 5.

Archived