Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City Player Ratings v Wycombe ?

Schmeichel 7 - Coped with whatever was thrown at him, with the exception of their goal which was outstanding. Distribution was pretty good on the whole too, particularly to Dyer.

Moore 7 - Looked solid enough. Think he and De Laet link up nicely.

Morgan 6 - Not one of his better games. Kuffour gave him a very hard time but he still played fine.

St. Ledger 4 - Played 4 or 5 (seriously, maybe more) risky and/or scuffed passes straight across the back line which on occasion were intercepted and put us in big trouble. Looks to be an absolute liability in a back 3, which is where if anything you'd expect a "technical" centre back to shine. Gave the ball away repeatedly and was bullied by them. Thanks for the goal though.

De Laet 6 - Nothing really came off for him today but got up and down the pitch willingly.

Dyer 5 - Not one of his better days. Ran down a few blind alleys.

James 4 - Very poor. Gave the ball away repeatedly and looked weak in the tackle before being withdrawn with what appeared to be a foot injury.

Danns 6 - Energetic but wasteful. Danns in a nutshell. Ran off the ball intelligently though, I thought.

King 8.5 - Everywhere, comfortably our man of the match. In the first half he was absolutely running it and he barely put a foot wrong throughout. 

Wood 5 - Not great. Seems to have little understanding with Nugent, exemplified in the penalty squabble.

Nugent 7 - Scored and excellent, intelligent movement off the ball.

subs:

Knockaert 7 - Created at least a couple of decent chances before sending in 2 or 3 excellent corners in succession leading to the goal.

Schlupp 5 - I've got high hopes for him up front but I thought he looked poor up there today.

Kasper 7 Could do nothing about their goal and his kicking set up a few decent attacks

Moore 6 looked ok, hope his injury isn't too bad

Morgan 7.5 Commanding and made a couple of crucial blocks

St Ledger 5 Popped up with the winner to improve a poor to average performance. Messes about with it at the back and looks like he could cost us a few goals if he continues to do so

De Laet 7 really like this guy, perfect for the RWB role. Think he will be really important for us this season

Dyer 5.5 Disappointed that he didn't try to beat his man more. Not sure the LWB role suited him at all

James 5.5 Not his best game, although our style bypassed the centre of a midfield a bit tonight so went a bit unnoticed

King 6 see James but just got involved a little more

Danns 4.5 Soooo wasteful in possession!

Nugent 7 Looked lively and linked up play nicely, cool for the penalty, maybe penalty taker from now on?

Wood 6.5 Not great but ok. He'll up the ball well on occasions

Knocky 7/7.5 Made the difference when he came on imo. Deliveries from corners were superb

Schlupp ? Didn't really notice him to be honest so would be unfair to rate him

Kasper 7 - Could do nothing about the goal, otherwise as solid as ever.

De Laet 6 - Wish his final ball was better.

Dyer 5 - bottled every single tackle, wasteful going forward.

Moore 6 - Solid stuff.

Morgan 6 - Never really in trouble, nothing to

Shout about.

Ledge 6 - Didn't have the best of games but scored the winner.

James 5 - Looks well off the pace at the minute and went off injured.

King 8 - protected the defence, used the ball well and just bossed it.

Danns 7 - Not the great on the ball, but got in their faces and worked his socks off. Links up well with Knocky.

Nuge 7 - we're simply just a better team when he's involved.

Wood 6 - Held the ball up well and was unlucky not to score.

Knocky 7 - We seemed to just up it a gear when he came on, there's an aura about him. Sometimes tried too much but he improved us.

Schlupp 6 - Used his pace and fresh legs well, one shot that went just wide.

Schmeichel 6 - little to do

De Laet 6 - average

St Ledger 5

Morgan 7

Moore 7

Dyer 6 - created the space very well out wide but seemed scared to attack. Had a couple of decent efforts.

Danns 6

King 7

James 5

Wood 5.5

Nugent 6

Knockaert 7

Schlupp 6

Kasper 7 - Nothing out of the ordinary to report here. Although I thought his passing had improved.

De Laet 7 - Given a difficult task and did it well for me. Up and back all game.

Dyer 6 - Dyer is an attacking midfielder not a wing back. The lad will do anything for our shirt and did well, but this system does not suit his strengths. 

Moore 6 - Did the job asked. 

Morgan 7 - Holding it together at the back as always.

St Ledger 5 - Not for me tonight. Passing was terrible, gave the ball to the oppo in bad situations too many times. Looked out of sorts. 

James 5 - Not fit maybe? I saw them strapping his ankle after he went off. Or maybe the formation does not suit him so well.

King 7 - Looks in good nick and played with the type of supremacy I'd expect all our players to do against league 2 opposition. 

Danns 7 - Worked very hard, broke up their play and distributed well. Not even on the bench for Leeds? He'd start against Leeds for me.

Nuge 8 - Ever present ever reliable high class striker. If only we had 2. 

Wood 5 - Out of sorts still. Even his basic control looks dodgy at the moment. 

Knocky 8 - A magic spark that had Wycombe is a mess more than once. Has to play. 

Schlupp 6 - Nothing to report.

Kasper 7 - Could do nothing about the goal, otherwise as solid as ever.

De Laet 6 - Wish his final ball was better.

Dyer 5 - bottled every single tackle, wasteful going forward.

Moore 6 - Solid stuff.

Morgan 6 - Never really in trouble, nothing to

Shout about.

Ledge 6 - Didn't have the best of games but scored the winner.

James 5 - Looks well off the pace at the minute and went off injured.

King 8 - protected the defence, used the ball well and just bossed it.

Danns 7 - Not the great on the ball, but got in their faces and worked his socks off. Links up well with Knocky.

Nuge 7 - we're simply just a better team when he's involved.

Wood 6 - Held the ball up well and was unlucky not to score.

Knocky 7 - We seemed to just up it a gear when he came on, there's an aura about him. Sometimes tried too much but he improved us.

Schlupp 6 - Used his pace and fresh legs well, one shot that went just wide.

The same basically. I would give Morgan - 5 and Nuge - 6

Schmeichel - 6  - Didn't have much to do, he was never stopping the goal.

Moore - 8  -Very good game very rarely got beaten if at all

Morgan - 8 -Same as moore really 

St Ledger - 6  -looked average but the goal made up for it

De Laet -6  -seamed to get in good positions but his final ball wasn't that good for me

Dyer - 3  - received the ball in decent areas a lot then suddenly lost the capability to run 

James - 6  -to be honest i didn't really notice him

King - 8  -decent in possession and creative going forward and also provided cover for the defence at times

Danns - 8.5  -In my opinion man of the match i'm not usually a fan but he seemed to work hard and kept things ticking

Wood - 6  - didn't do much apart from one good move and shot

Nugent - 7 - didn't do much similar to wood apart from he scored the penalty

Knockaert - 7.5  -the kind of role he played suited him in my opinion he was creative and good with the ball and i might be wrong but i think he took several good corners including the one for the goal

Schlupp - 7.5 - looked more dangerous than nugent or wood. 

There's a fair bit of difference of opinion over Morgan. Someone gave him 8!

7 or 8 for Morgan is probably right - he was, as ever, rock solid. At the end I seem to remember he made a great couple of tackles in our area and came away with the ball when surrounded by 2 or 3 of their lot.

Not quite sure how anyone can give Danns a better rating than Morgan, unless you had such low expectations of Danns last night that you were delighted that he actually managed to keep the ball occassionally and ran about...a bit....

Archived