Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RoxumJD

Hull City Tigers... Leicester City Foxes anyone?

I get why people would take Leicester Fosse as a name but even though city is generic it still has some historical ties to this club. Wasn't it when Leicester Fosse came into financial difficulties it reformed into Leicester City? Around the same time Leicester had been given City status (upgrading it from a borough)?

I get why people would take Leicester Fosse as a name but even though city is generic it still has some historical ties to this club. Wasn't it when Leicester Fosse came into financial difficulties it reformed into Leicester City? Around the same time Leicester had been given City status (upgrading it from a borough)?

Given the choice I would probably be on the fence. I just meant that if it was changed back I wouldn't really be too fussed. City or Fosse it's still Leicester, although I find the Americanisation of the name a bit distasteful.

Hull City's name change is all about Allam's feud with Hull City Council.

I have lots of friends who support the club, not one of them agrees with or likes the change. Allan has some £50m of loans in the accounts and I wouldn't be surprised that if there was a fans backlash that he would use the premiership money to get these repaid and allow the club to stagnate.

He is an incredible benefactor to the city at times, to my knowledge he has assisted Rugby League, Non League Football and the University from his own pocket. He stepped in when Hull City were on the verge of going under (no one else was in the frame) but how long do the fans need to feel indebted to him and his family and should that allow him Carte Blanche to do as he wishes with the club.

Apparently at a recent fans liaison meeting, the club stated that the season would be a financial success even if every home game were played behind closed doors. Unfortunately, they are right.

This story has just begun and whilst I'm loving being able to take the piss out of what's happening, my mates are my mates and I'd hate to see the club that they love and i don't have its innards ripped out by an owner who by his own admission is not a football person.

Are the fans planning to do anything about it at all?

I've not heard of anything but expect a 20,000+ rendition of "City till I die" at least.

The dilemma that many have is that they see that this guy saved the club and delivered them Premiership football. They are in awe of him and in fear of what he can do.

The man lost a battle with the council and now he is flexing his considerable business muscles.

Yes, that's exactly why we were renamed

You know it has to be posted, it just has to... You all know what I mean...

1st time Ive seen that.

Can we adopt it?

perhaps change it to "licked by the foxes" ? :blink::unsure: [looking for Kenneth Williams smilie and "ooh matron"

Archived