Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RoxumJD

Hull City Tigers... Leicester City Foxes anyone?

People were panicking when Cardiff changed their colour that we would follow suit.

Now this, where there has been no indication of any name change in the three years they've been here.

Think we are getting a bit paranoid and putting two and two together and making 5.

And I would be totally against a name change.

Fosse I could accept anything else is a total no way.

Would have nothing to do with the club till it was put right.

In my mind the owners own the club the fans own the life and spirit.

I have no love for cardiff but hate what the owners have done changing the home colours and Winkleman can shove his don's up his arse.  CTID

People were panicking when Cardiff changed their colour that we would follow suit.

Now this, where there has been no indication of any name change in the three years they've been here.

Think we are getting a bit paranoid and putting two and two together and making 5.

I can't add up anyway lol

I'm not jumping to any conclusion but my above statement are my thoughts If our owners ever did try to rename our club.

It might focus some of our locals on the fact that Tigers should be associated with Hull City and not that second rate egg chasing game. They usually have to stop and think when they're taking to me about Tigers and I start talking about Hull.

Rugby is a mans' game, football is for softies!

When I think of Tigers I think of your rugby mates down the road!

Its clearly for marketing reasons to attract more supporters but in reality its what happens on the pitch that will bring them more worldwide appeal...

Was there some suggestion you might go back to being Leicester "Fosse" (spelling) a few years ago.

Yes. When we were coming out of administration they had to 'rename' the 'new' club and they like Hull thought that Fosse would make us more unique and hence more marketable.

The fans however where given the chance to vote on it and gave it the thumbs down by quite a significant majority.

I'm not from Leicester, but it seems to me thag the "City" part of Leicester City's name is an important link to both the club's history and its community.

The original Leicester Fosse was wound up in 1919 following financial difficulties that piled up during the war. Also, in 1919, Leicester gained City status. So, when the club was reorganized, the "City" tag wasn't some pretentious addition, nor was it a way the club could differentiate between another club based in Leicester--it was a way the club could signal a rebirth and also show some civic pride. I'm not sure if there is a price a club's owners can put on that.

When I think of Tigers I think of your rugby mates down the road!

Its clearly for marketing reasons to attract more supporters but in reality its what happens on the pitch that will bring them more worldwide appeal...

Was there some suggestion you might go back to being Leicester "Fosse" (spelling) a few years ago.

Yes, quite a big majority voted 'no' I think but the name itself is acceptable because it's a historical reference - our original name was Leicester Fosse.

I would've loved a unique name like that but City is still fine, I also live on Fosse Road so the thought of my club sharing a name with the street I live on is quite a nice one! :D

BRN1Iv9CIAAAplO.jpg

Ha! That really made me laugh for some reason.

I was up for the whole Leicester Fosse thing a few seasons back - I liked it because it was unique and there was a clear link with a history. Anything else I wouldn't be keen though, Leicester City Foxes sounds shite.

Remember the competition in the Mercury to suggest a name for the new stadium when we left Filbo? I suggested the Victoria Fosse stadium which I still think would have been awesome. Fair play to the reader who suggested the 'Walkers Stadium' though ;)

Their owner has apparently said City is associated with clubs like Leicester without realising Tigers is associated with Leicester.

Foreign owners eh, always good for a laugh

He's lived here since 1968, how much longer does he have to before you stop calling him foreign?

Archived