Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

The Acadamy - Value for Money?

Easily value for money. Like having a high possibility of gold in your own back garden and asking whether its worth investing in a spade to dig it up.

Sadly due to EPPP this will no longer be the case for clubs without cat one status. Just because it hasn't yet happened to us, doesn't mean we should forget about this disgraceful bit of corruption in the game.

Exactly. It's a stupid rule and I feel most on here have turned their backs simply because we're Cat. 1 now. Imagine the outrage there would have been if we hadn't been Cat. 1

We also got fees for:

Matt Heath - Nominal

Jordan Stewart - 125,000

Stuart Campbell - 200,000

Tommy Wright - 50,000

Lawrie Dudfield 250,000

No Fee but played a significant number of games:

Stuart Wilson free played 22 games

Stef Oakes free but played 71 games

Neil Lewis free 64 games

Levi Porter 39 games

I'm sure I'm missing more, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

Probably got some sell on fees as well for the likes of Heskey.

Jon ashton looked decent until he seemed to take sole blame for the 6 conceeded at ipswich.

Crewe survive off selling academy products.

Man city have something like 70 of their products earning a living from the game. Ok not at the top level but surely thats a positive and it only takes a joe hart or micah richards to make it worth while.

Where would heskey have ended up if we hadnt had a youth set up.

The only probe now is the EPPP meaning you will lose anyone decent for peanuts as a kid. Before they get near your 1st team.

Hopefully now we're Cat.1, maybe some foreign youngsters will want to join our academy too. But I definitely do see the foundations of this topic - considering when you look at clubs like Southampton, Palace and Leeds who keep bringing out players with high sale value. 

Easily value for money. Like having a high possibility of gold in your own back garden and asking whether its worth investing in a spade to dig it up.

Sadly due to EPPP this will no longer be the case for clubs without cat one status. Just because it hasn't yet happened to us, doesn't mean we should forget about this disgraceful bit of corruption in the game.

Exactly. It's a stupid rule and I feel most on here have turned their backs simply because we're Cat. 1 now. Imagine the outrage there would have been if we hadn't been Cat. 1

This and this. Very snidely sneaked in whilst everyone talks about FFP. The combination of both FFP & EPPP will kill our lower leagues in time, and I'm not exaggerating either. They'll have literally no income.

Archived