Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Jeff schlupp - would like opinions

Why send him out on loan, when we don't have enough options up front in the first place.

Nugent, Vardy, Wood is not enough, especially with the form Nugent and Wood have showed.

He will never get a run in the side unless we have injuries.

I was going to say he needs to go out on loan but we can't send him out as Wood isn't fit yet and GTF isn't anywhere near match fit. He's our only cover unless you include Gallagher. Also seems to be our only cover on the wing unless you include Gallagher.

Can't see him going out until January and only then if we can someone else in.

I thought he'd make a decent left-back but don't see him getting the chance and he's had little impact in limited opportunities up front.

His only chance here seems to be in perhaps taking over from Dyer but, even then, I'm not quite convinced he's going to break through.

He's got skill, pace and reasonable strength but there doesn't seem to be the confidence and consistency to make the best of those assets.   

Decent sqaud player, OK at two positions and a useful player to have on the bench for that reason.

If we are talking from Schlupp's angle if I was him I'd make up my mind pretty quickly which position I wanted to concentrate my efforts on and stick with it, or else he is going to wind up only being what I wrote above.

If Lloyd Dyer can carve out a career solely based on sprint speed then I think Schlupp will do just fine.

Utter bollocks.

Do you actually watch any games?

I like the lad, But i'm not so sure he is as good as we seem to hope,

I hope he has a brilliant future here, but from what i've seen of him, and his inconsistency, I cannot see him being given a chance....

Is he the new waghorn?

What are your thoughts on him? I've watched him numerous times, and he shows this glimmer of brilliance that could see him merit a first team place, but then he will do something stupid and lose possession, with something really unnecessary.

Do we overrate him?

His pace is scary, I wouldnt like to see him upfront I'm not sure he is a natural finisher, but would like to see him slowly replace dyer on the left wing (Hopefully he wont mentor him in the crossing department)

Would absolutely hate to see him carry on as he currently is and spend ANOTHER year on the fringes without a run in the team to prove if he is worth or not.

Do you all think he is the future premiership player he is talked up to be?

Where is his best position?

Just wanted some opinions :scarf:

Playing time will be the key for whether Schlupp continues to develop or not.

He's got ability.... Pace, awareness, a nice left foot and a finish.

But he's erratic and can get caught too far forward sometimes (when he's playing at left back).

With playing time and the correct coaching, I think he has the potential to just get better and better.

But if Pearson doesn't play him much, he'll stall and will probably end up at a league one club.

I'd be playing him consistently now, whether at wing back or as striker. Personally, I think he's a better striking option than Wood.

However, I'm just as happy with him at wing-back.

IMO it's time for him to replace Konch as I wouldn't start him over Nugent or Vardy at present.

Personally I think the lad looks a bit surly/disinterested,I think he's got some talent but would like to see him apply himself better when he gets the opportunity.

If you do a direct comparison,Liam and Jeff,that is my point re attitude and application.

Personally I think the lad looks a bit surly/disinterested,I think he's got some talent but would like to see him apply himself better when he gets the opportunity.

If you do a direct comparison,Liam and Jeff,that is my point re attitude and application.

I would agree with you buddy, as usual but it's very difficult to elucidate whether a player is 'surly' simply by how they look. It could be that Jeff is just as passionate as Liam, but comes across differently.

I would agree with you buddy, as usual but it's very difficult to elucidate whether a player is 'surly' simply by how they look. It could be that Jeff is just as passionate as Liam, but comes across differently.

Fair point mate, however body language and effort can be quite telling and disruptive if bad, IMO! I'm not slating Jeff, it's probably a disappointment or maturity thing.There is still a place for rolling up your sleeves, working hard and knocking on that door. Personally think he's knocking on the door with padded mittens on at the moment. :blush:

Fair point mate, however body language and effort can be quite telling and disruptive if bad, IMO! I'm not slating Jeff, it's probably a disappointment or maturity thing.There is still a place for rolling up your sleeves, working hard and knocking on that door. Personally think he's knocking on the door with padded mittens on at the moment. :blush:

lol

I like the analogy

:thumbup:

I don't know if you remember when Heskey burst onto the scene. When interviewed he always looked really nervous and disinterested. But when on the pitch he became a different man. I hope it's a similar situation with Schlupp.

Would like to see him at left wing.

Can drop in at left back, and is primarily an attacking player but Nigel doesn't seem to want to play him as a striker. A better crosser of the ball than Dyer as well having a decent amount of pace. 

Can't understand why people seem to want to give him stick, especially when I personally don't think we've used him properly. He could be a great asset for us but a lack of games has prevented him from any great progression.

Bang on Bert. He had a a good 6/7 game run up front towards the end of last season and scored 3 goals then got dropped again... he always looks dangerous once he gets a run together. I've said it before, if he was to get a good 7/8 run up front he would be lethal.

Archived