Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Jeff schlupp - would like opinions

I like the lad, But i'm not so sure he is as good as we seem to hope,

I hope he has a brilliant future here, but from what i've seen of him, and his inconsistency, I cannot see him being given a chance....

Is he the new waghorn?

What are your thoughts on him? I've watched him numerous times, and he shows this glimmer of brilliance that could see him merit a first team place, but then he will do something stupid and lose possession, with something really unnecessary.

Do we overrate him?

His pace is scary, I wouldnt like to see him upfront I'm not sure he is a natural finisher, but would like to see him slowly replace dyer on the left wing (Hopefully he wont mentor him in the crossing department)

Would absolutely hate to see him carry on as he currently is and spend ANOTHER year on the fringes without a run in the team to prove if he is worth or not.

Do you all think he is the future premiership player he is talked up to be?

Where is his best position?

Just wanted some opinions  :scarf:

Mixed feelings on him to be honest, there's talent there but has he improved much since Sven gave him a run in the team? He's shown he's versatile and at times has been a threat at left back going forward but a danger to his own team mates in defence. Up front he's erratic with his shooting and for a lad whose built well, he gets shrugged off the ball a lot at times and it can come across as him not being interested. He's still young though and i'd rather he got a full season on loan at either a top 2 league one side or someone like Yeovil, Bournemouth or Barnsley at this level. He needs a load of games up top and although the lieks of teams who'd give him that in this league will be struggling at the wrong end of the table, it would do him well.

Maybe using him as a left back and as a striker has upset him and messed up any chance of consistency. He's young and impressionable and now probably very confused about who he is and where he should be playing.

He's not been great this season.

He's shown some great potential over the last couple of seasons though so there is obviously something there. I wonder if its a confidence thing? As an 18 year old he was banging them in for Brentford in League one but a couple of seasons on the fringes of our team and he seems to have gone down hill. I was amazed at the lack of effort he put in against Yeovil considering he was being played in his favored position. 

Like Marshall, he's had the defensive side of his game improved and it seems to have had an adverse effect on the attacking side of his game. Hopefully that's not the case and he's just going through a blip.

Don't rate him much to be honest. I think he looks poor at left back, yes he has got pace but most of the time he needs to use it to rectify the mistake he has just made.

Like Ric said send him out on loan to a lower championship team or a high end league 1 side and hopefully get him a run of games, hopefully score some goals and come back confident. Most of the time it looks to me like he's uninterested.

Don't rate him much to be honest. I think he looks poor at left back, yes he has got pace but most of the time he needs to use it to rectify the mistake he has just made.

Like Ric said send him out on loan to a lower championship team or a high end league 1 side and hopefully get him a run of games, hopefully score some goals and come back confident. Most of the time it looks to me like he's uninterested.

It's just frustrating to see an obvious potential talent never getting a proper run because for me it is a confidence thing with this lad, 

but to be honest, As much as I hate to admit it, I think nigel has made his mind up on him, and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for good, 

we all know if nige likes you, you play regardless of form, and if he doesn't, you sit in the fringes for 2 seasons!

Just don't want to see waghorn part 2 with him, because I think his potential could be endless if treated properly, but at the moment we overrate him a bit (From what I have seen on the forum)

Would like to see him at left wing.

Can drop in at left back, and is primarily an attacking player but Nigel doesn't seem to want to play him as a striker. A better crosser of the ball than Dyer as well having a decent amount of pace. 

Can't understand why people seem to want to give him stick, especially when I personally don't think we've used him properly. He could be a great asset for us but a lack of games has prevented him from any great progression.

Can drop in at left back, and is primarily an attacking player but Nigel doesn't seem to want to play him as a striker. A better crosser of the ball than Dyer as well having a decent amount of pace.

Can't understand why people seem to want to give him stick, especially when I personally don't think we've used him properly. He could be a great asset for us but a lack of games has prevented him from any great progression.

I agree, the kid has bags of potential but isn't playing for the first team or under 21, so were do they get game time nowadays, I might sound daft but years ago teams had a first team and reserves, and if you didn't play in the first team they still played every week in the reserves.

If it is that the subs are getting no match time, for me it's a bit harsh to expect them to perform at the highest level when called upon.

100% agree,

this was not intended as stick, but it has a degree of stick that to be fair, although his appearances have been very inconsistent and he has not had a long run, He's had a fair few chances, each time showing ability at moments but never sustaining it.

Once again, would hate to see us waste this talent! problem we have it, How can we give him a run in the team if he does not always perform, inconsistency is a problem in our team but schlupp is more inconsistent than most IMO.

so would he secure the points for us, or hinder us if we gave him 5-10 games?

I agree, the kid has bags of potential but isn't playing for the first team or under 21, so were do they get game time nowadays, I might sound daft but years ago teams had a first team and reserves, and if you didn't play in the first team they still played every week in the reserves.

If it is that the subs are getting no match time, for me it's a bit harsh to expect them to perform at the highest level when called upon.

I don't know how much of a regular he is for the under 21's but he did play and score a couple of goals on Monday by all accounts.

Fifa/Football manager, Where 80% of peoples football knowledge come from, I am sometimes an offender haha, But yeah I played him left wing aswell!! 

Sold him to Charlton for 5m and he ended up being the top scorer for them. 

Sometimes I think I should work in football..

Sold him to Charlton for 5m and he ended up being the top scorer for them. 

Sometimes I think I should work in football..

Funnily enough, updated to the summer transfer window update (It was a custom one done by someone on the FM forum) over 14,000 changes including all transfers... 

I thought id have a challenge and attack Qpr (their whole team is near enough unhappy and want transfers) and the wage budget is well over, so have to offload everyone!!!

I'm 2nd behind leicester who have are top!!

Cheating I think

I think everyone is forgetting the screamer he nearly scored last minute at Blackpool...

Fair enough.. but we have been wanting that for a long while, one good strike does not write off a bagful of hot and cold performances, more cold than hot I fear, 

I really think if he gets his head down and get a nice run, he can have a good career here!

Does not really matter what we think as at the moment only one opinion really counts.

As we don't see him in training it makes it harder to form an opinion.

Yes he has some great touches and moments and even the odd good game.

But I suspect he's not really doing it all the time even in training.

If he was doing it well enough like King and now Moore I am sure NP would be giving him more game time.

Has very good technical ability, just look at the pass for Knockaert at Forest. I would like to see him play left wing.

He had no one on him and Knocky was 20 yards away without a player within ten yards. Shouldn't be playing Saturday league if you can't play that pass.

Think he will make a decent player on the left hand side eventually.

Never a striker in a million years, you can't teach composure, instinct and finishing and he's not got that.

His attitude and lack of effort has been a great worry this season.

Could be another case of us giving a young player too much too soon and now is suffering from a lack of motivation.

Archived