Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

Why do clubs never approach us for Nigel Pearson

He definitely came back to us for the money, which was double what Hull were paying him, and yes, anyone who thinks that was not the case, is deluded. He is a working man, who will do what all would do. If someone offered you a similar job, for double the money, we would all jump at the chance..

Him coming back to us for the money doesn't explain him threatening to walk out on Hull if he wasn't given permission to speak to us. He wouldn't be aware of what the offer was at that point. The unfinished business scenario does explain that. The money just guaranteed that he'd be back like a shot

And after all that, him having a contract will still make no difference if he wants to leave. Just like Little's, McGhee's, O'Neill's and Megson's made no difference. All it really does is guarantee him his salary & compensation if he's sacked and us compensation if he leaves for another club

Him having a contract will make little difference ..... Yeah i agree, I'd like to think he has more loyalty to us than Hull but who knows.

Him NOT having a contract makes a lot of difference ..... You can't expect loyalty if you haven't given him a contract. He could get us promoted or not and walk away at the end of the season having done absolutely nothing wrong and with his head held high. The timing of contract talks and the timing of an offer if it did come in would be significant.

Him having a contract will make little difference ..... Yeah i agree, I'd like to think he has more loyalty to us than Hull but who knows.

Him NOT having a contract makes a lot of difference ..... You can't expect loyalty if you haven't given him a contract. He could get us promoted or not and walk away at the end of the season having done absolutely nothing wrong and with his head held high. The timing of contract talks and the timing of an offer if it did come in would be significant.

But again, my original point was not having a contract till January at the earliest will make no difference, if he wants to stay here. It would take a significantly better offer from a club of similar stature and status to us to prize him away now he's got the squad how he wants it and doing well in the league. Or, an offer from a prem club that isn't on the downslide in danger of relegation. Can't see either of those happening

I couldn't care if Gary Glitter was our manager longs he provides the fans with a team who, entertain, win games, have players playing for each other, players playing for the shirt, creating the KP as a place teams don't come away with points very easily, positive prospects for the future. NP ticks all those for me. He will be a premiership manager whether with us or not in the future I believe.

He clearly is a manager that needs time to get the setup and squad to be how he wants. I'm sure if he was given time to do this and failed he would be the first to admit it.

Compare him to Hollohead, he is an impact type manager, he isn't and wouldn't be a long term option for anyone because he is useless.

We're lucky to have someone like NP as our manager and not some other short term dross that we could have.

Why is it when you give an opinion that other people disagree with or don't have the intelligence to understand, they accuse you of being a troll?

I'm just a clever cuddly bloke telling it like it is, no troll intended.

Sorry ken praps troll is a bit harsh.

But you are

FULL OF SH!TE

Him coming back to us for the money doesn't explain him threatening to walk out on Hull if he wasn't given permission to speak to us. He wouldn't be aware of what the offer was at that point. The unfinished business scenario does explain that. The money just guaranteed that he'd be back like a shot

Well, that's certainly one point of view, but I still could not envisage him returning for the same money. I could be wrong though, but we will never really know.

I couldn't care if Gary Glitter was our manager longs he provides the fans with a team who, entertain, win games, have players playing for each other, players playing for the shirt, creating the KP as a place teams don't come away with points very easily, positive prospects for the future. NP ticks all those for me. He will be a premiership manager whether with us or not in the future I believe.

He clearly is a manager that needs time to get the setup and squad to be how he wants. I'm sure if he was given time to do this and failed he would be the first to admit it.

Compare him to Hollohead, he is an impact type manager, he isn't and wouldn't be a long term option for anyone because he is useless.

We're lucky to have someone like NP as our manager and not some other short term dross that we could have.

I'd argue against Holloway being an 'impact' manager too. We went down under him and he didn't take over a side in the bottom three and Palace definitely went up despite him rather than because of him.

Bloke's a clown. Pearson over him any day and I've maintained that for a long time.

Archived