Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

Why do clubs never approach us for Nigel Pearson

How do you know they haven't approached us?

Because you can't keep anything a secret in football anymore. He is never even in the betting when a job becomes available. I just wonder why this is. It seems to me because he isn't a fashionable manager like Poyet.

It could that when he returned Pearson made it clear he felt he had unfinished business and therefore it follows that it is accepted that he is not interested on leaving. Also if he left us a second time it would really damage his credibility.

If not Pearson then who else, Dickov or Ince

Absolutely no doubt in my mind he would keep Sunderland in the premiership. Is it because he is 'boring' he doesn't get recognition from premiership clubs.

Why have you no doubt that Pearson could keep Sunderland up but Gus can't? If you look at their records as manager they are very similar, with Gus obviously being a bit more high profile which owners tend to get excited about.

Probably because he isn't good enough to manage in the top league, and he's still struggling here.

Not to mention another catastrophe if he's in charge of another group of high profile players earning more than him etc, doesn't suit his management style.

Probably because he isn't good enough to manage in the top league, and he's still struggling here.

Not to mention another catastrophe if he's in charge of another group of high profile players earning more than him etc, doesn't suit his management style.

What catastrophe has he overseen before? :unsure:

Comibination of things.

He isn't a big name, he's on pretty big money, he's settled and is building a project.

Add to that most PL clubs are owned by chairman who go for a fancy foreign name rather than someone who can get a job done.

It does seem like he's just not a very fashionable manager. It can't be down to ability, as he won League one, he's built playoff-challenging Championship teams that are more or less there or therabouts every season...

Kind of reminds me of someone. Oh, that's right, the new Sunderland manager - Mr Gus Poyet. Two managers who have achieved more or less the same (although Poyet has spent a fair bit more), but Sunderland go for the fancy foreign name. Maybe our Nige should change his name to Niguel di Pearsoni if he wants a top job? 

It does seem like he's just not a very fashionable manager. It can't be down to ability, as he won League one, he's built playoff-challenging Championship teams that are more or less there or therabouts every season...

Kind of reminds me of someone. Oh, that's right, the new Sunderland manager - Mr Gus Poyet. Two managers who have achieved more or less the same (although Poyet has spent a fair bit more), but Sunderland go for the fancy foreign name. Maybe our Nige should change his name to Niguel di Pearsoni if he wants a top job? 

Careful mate, you are heading into Sam Allardyce territory.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind he would keep Sunderland in the premiership. Is it because he is 'boring' he doesn't get recognition from premiership clubs.

It could be he's boring, it could be that he might not attract top players as he is relatively unknown to many premier league players.

It may be that he hasn't had many achievements on his cv.

It could be many, many reason, I think the Sunderland board would have been crucified by the fans if they even looked at him with all the other names in the pot.

It does make you wonder why he's never been linked to any premier league or championship sides though, I think we are the only club to chase him whilst in post.

There was me thinking it may be due to Poyet being out of wok and them not having to pay compensation.

Or perhaps they just think he's a better a manager, let's be honest there is a shortage of decent English managers.

I've just written that down!  lol

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Being foreign does seem to be the in-thing nowadays. I must admit I actually spoke in support of Girard in the other thread but I definitely think there's a fad at the minute to get a foreign man in.

Archived