Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

Why do clubs never approach us for Nigel Pearson

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/35180-norwich-line-up-pearson.php

Manchester City, Tottenham, and Everton - updated daily with the latest football news.

Norwich line-up Pearson
norwich-line-up-pearson.jpg
Nigel Pearson (Action Images)

Exclusive

by Mark Skinner

4th November 2013 10:45am GMT

Norwich will put Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson on their wish-list if they axe Chris Hughton.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/35180-norwich-line-up-pearson.php

Manchester City, Tottenham, and Everton - updated daily with the latest football news.

Norwich line-up Pearson
norwich-line-up-pearson.jpg
Nigel Pearson (Action Images)

Exclusive

by Mark Skinner

4th November 2013 10:45am GMT

Norwich will put Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson on their wish-list if they axe Chris Hughton.

Isn't this the same source that linked us with a loan move for Demba Ba?!

If so... file under 'B' for b*llocks.

Would he go Norwich though really?

Good chance they'll go down this year and he must be enjoying his job here at the moment. Doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke to walk away from a project when he's been backed so much by the owners.

Maybe if the Fulham job came up he'd go if they approached him

Probably because he isn't good enough to manage in the top league, and he's still struggling here.

Not to mention another catastrophe if he's in charge of another group of high profile players earning more than him etc, doesn't suit his management style.

Sorry...i didnt quite hear that...what did you say?......Wow, Leicesters best start to a season.......ever.

Nice to see that you can be rational and keep all your little biases in check!! :thumbup:

Good old sportsdirect news. I reckon they get their stories by flinging magnetic words at the fridge and looking for something resembling English

Isn't this the same source that linked us with a loan move for Demba Ba?!

If so... file under 'B' for b*llocks.

I'm not defending sportdirect.com as a credible source but they were one of the first (and only) "news" outlets defiantly stating that Pearson would definitely be staying with us for this season.

On the story itself - I can't see why Pearson would want to go there. He's clearly fondly thought of by the owners, has a squad he's moulded and Norwich seem destined to struggle. I'm aware he jumped ship from Hull to return to us but it's the whole "unfinished business" scenario here that I think he'd like to see through, more so after May's additional play-off semi heartbreak doubled with 2010.

He's clearly (and quietly) pleased about our start, this is his squad now, he's spent the past two years cleaning up someone else's mess, I can't comprehend why he'd want to do it again in East Anglia.

I was thinking exactly this when I heard on TalkSport this morning that Hughton is under pressure.

Norwich is exactly the type of club I could imagine Pearson managing. It seems to be a club run very well from top to bottom, yet has quite reasonable expectations regarding success.

They play to full houses nearly week and have spent a lot of dosh this summer.

IF Pearson were to leave, then the Canaries is a club I could imagine him going to, and doing pretty well at.

I hope he doesn't. We look to be going places. Also, if he moved, I could imagine him wanting to take big Wes with him.

I don't think Nigel would leave us for Norwich, simply no bigger than leicester. Norwich i think will go for MacKay and i actually think he would leave Cardiff for Norwich in seconds! The type of club Nigel would go for if he was to leave us would be like Villa or Newcastle.

Norwich aren't a bigger club than Leicester. Their stadium is piss poor and they don't have as good a youth set up as we do. Personally I think we are a club with a higher potential than Norwich albeit only marginally.

Even so, this is why it would be lunacy not to get Pearson signed up to a new contract, you can't just say to the manager "you'll get a contract only if you win promotion" because that leaves us ripe to a lower prem club coming in and offering him a secure contract. I don't think Pearson wants to leave Leicester but he won't want to risk being unemployed next season and frankly it doesn't show him much respect for the work he is doing.

Norwich aren't a bigger club than Leicester. Their stadium is piss poor and they don't have as good a youth set up as we do. Personally I think we are a club with a higher potential than Norwich albeit only marginally.

Even so, this is why it would be lunacy not to get Pearson signed up to a new contract, you can't just say to the manager "you'll get a contract only if you win promotion" because that leaves us ripe to a lower prem club coming in and offering him a secure contract. I don't think Pearson wants to leave Leicester but he won't want to risk being unemployed next season and frankly it doesn't show him much respect for the work he is doing.

We're arguably no bigger than Norwich - they're probably the most "identical" club to us as you're likely to find in English football.

Wouldn't say that, it's 26k capacity currently and looking to expand on the oldest stand in the ground.

We are very similar clubs historically and potential wise.

We're arguably no bigger than Norwich - they're probably the most "identical" club to us as you're likely to find in English football.

I made this point, probably not very eloquently, on the moan in. 

We're so close I think it entirely depends on where we are in the football league ladder at the time. 

It would be somewhat short sighted for Pearson to jump ship now in my opinion, and if there is one thing that Pearson isn't, is short sighted.  He's balanced and never gets carried away one way or the other. 

I too believe that IF Pearson was to join a Premiership club, then Norwich would fit the bill. They are struggling, but still have a goodish squad, and probably only need two or three fresh faces to revive their fortunes.

There has been no approach from Norwich, as yet. Would he leave to join them? I don't know, but I do think he would be tempted.

I certainly hope he wont go, if offered the job, but I would be worried. This is not the ideal time of the season for a manager to leave, and more so, in view of our league position at this moment in time.

I too believe that IF Pearson was to join a Premiership club, then Norwich would fit the bill. They are struggling, but still have a goodish squad, and probably only need two or three fresh faces to revive their fortunes.

There has been no approach from Norwich, as yet. Would he leave to join them? I don't know, but I do think he would be tempted.

I certainly hope he wont go, if offered the job, but I would be worried. This is not the ideal time of the season for a manager to leave, and more so, in view of our league position at this moment in time.

If you of all people are hoping Nigel won't leave then we must be doing well! lol

Pearson Lover.

See what a win or 14 in 18 can do to opinions :cool:

They are however financially better off due to being in the prem and even if they came down would be well equipped to bounce back.

Totally agree with your 2nd point though, the longer we leave it the greater likelihood is he will be poached by either a championship rival or bottom half prem club.

Archived