Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

Why do clubs never approach us for Nigel Pearson

They are however financially better off due to being in the prem and even if they came down would be well equipped to bounce back.

Totally agree with your 2nd point though, the longer we leave it the greater likelihood is he will be poached by either a championship rival or bottom half prem club.

Do you really think him having a contract with us will make any difference if he wanted to leave?

Not giving him a contract till the end of the season will make no difference either if he wants to stay.

It's that simple

Do you really think him having a contract with us will make any difference if he wanted to leave?

Not giving him a contract till the end of the season will make no difference either if he wants to stay.

It's that simple

Disagree. If someone comes in and says here's £6m for 4 years job security right now ..... You've currently got 8 months job security he'd have to take that very seriously.

He's got a family to think of.

Poyet and Di Canio have name value and tbf Poyet did a very good job with Brighton, Di Canio did a good job at Swindon even if it would've taken a miracle for him not to get promoted. Pearson doesn't really cut this mustard for name value and as had numerous failed attempts to get his clubs promoted. 

Could you tell me exactly what Di Canio and Poyet have achieved that Pearson hasn't?

Disagree. If someone comes in and says here's £6m for 4 years job security right now ..... You've currently got 8 months job security he'd have to take that very seriously.

He only came back here due to the money, anyone who thinks differently are deluded.

He's on last chance saloon at Leic, should of gone after the play off defeat, would be gone now if we had a bad start to the season.

Think he knows that himself, he'd be off tomorrow if there was a nice 3 year contract and the money was right, wouldn't blame him either.

He only came back here due to the money, anyone who thinks differently are deluded.

He's on last chance saloon at Leic, should of gone after the play off defeat, would be gone now if we had a bad start to the season.

Think he knows that himself, he'd be off tomorrow if there was a nice 3 year contract and the money was right, wouldn't blame him either.

Christ, there's cynicism and then there's this.

Easy to say it was down to money. I do think it played a part but I really don't think it was the sole reason. Hull fans never really took to him in the same way ours did (the first time round), and I do think we have more potential than Hull although credit to them - Bruce is doing an excellent job there.

"If we had a bad start" is a completely unnecessary and baseless. IF we had Messi we'd probably be in Europe, IF we were bought by Vince Tan we'd be wearing red, IF we'd started badly this season then... oh, wait, it didn't happen.

Utterly senseless comment to make when we've made our best ever start. Cannot see your point what so ever. Keep crying about the past whilst we all enjoy the present and hopefully future.

And who is going to do that? He is currently an unproven, non-big name, no nonsense, unflashy manager. No premiership team is going to come in for him until he's proven he can get us promoted, basically because of last season's bad run going on so long and no championship team that can actually afford him is looking for a manager. Until the very unlikely event that someone comes in for him we don't need to rush to give him a contract and I don't expect anything to happen with his or the players contracts until January at the earliest and then, dependant on where we are in the league.

Could you tell me exactly what Di Canio and Poyet have achieved that Pearson hasn't?

They've 'achieved' not being English which is one of the most important things in the Premier League it'd seem.

Poyet's a good manager but Di Canio doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as Pearson. Embarrassing excuse of a manager.

Well your not the owner and he did'nt thats why we are second right now.

Shame someone can't offer you a 3 year contract so you fvck off with your clever idea's.

TROLL

Christ on a bike, if you really must troll at least sort your grammar out.

And who is going to do that? He is currently an unproven, non-big name, no nonsense, unflashy manager. No premiership team is going to come in for him until he's proven he can get us promoted, basically because of last season's bad run going on so long and no championship team that can actually afford him is looking for a manager. Until the very unlikely event that someone comes in for him we don't need to rush to give him a contract and I don't expect anything to happen with his or the players contracts until January at the earliest and then, dependant on where we are in the league.

It's a fine balance that the owners have to tread .... keeping faith with him last year will mean he owes them some loyalty in return and I'm sure that he feels that.

But if a testing offer came in ... there'll be 3-4 sackings in the premiership between now and january ... Then this loyalty may be tested. I'd like to think that he'd give our owners the option to keep him for the same package as he's offered and they can choose how much they rate him at that point.

Then it's all down to timing!!!

Well your not the owner and he did'nt thats why we are second right now.

Shame someone can't offer you a 3 year contract so you fvck off with your clever idea's.

TROLL

Why is it when you give an opinion that other people disagree with or don't have the intelligence to understand, they accuse you of being a troll?

I'm just a clever cuddly bloke telling it like it is, no troll intended.

Why is it when you give an opinion that other people disagree with or don't have the intelligence to understand, they accuse you of being a troll?

Talking about what would happen 'IF' all the time despite the fact we've made our best ever start gives everyone a fair reason to believe you're a troll. To me it seems like you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

If you consider the persona you've chosen to develop and perpetuate on this forum as anything more than an attention-seeking whinge merchant, you're even less self-aware than previously thought.

At least you've dropped the stale "no cuddles for you" gimmick.  There is hope yet.

Pearson ****ing loves it here. This is now his club, his players, his staff, everything. We've even gone back under the radar which always struck me as the way he preferred things, he rarely does interviews etc which backs this up and why would you drop a project that's taken 4 years, of which it was interrupted with that Hull fiasco?

How often does actually stepping into a job like Fulham increase a managers standing anyway? It's worked for Martinez I guess but I couldn't name any others; Bruce, Coleman, Houghton? Never really went well for them did it?

I'm blabbing but you get my point. I want NP's babies tbh.

He definitely  came back to us for the money, which was double what Hull were paying him, and yes, anyone who thinks that was not the case, is deluded. He is a working man, who will do what all would do. If someone offered you a similar job, for double the money, we would all jump at the chance..

Your sounding a little bitter and twisted, fact is he came back and had a right mess to sort out and most knew it would take more than a couple of months to sort out. I for one take all the speculation with a pinch of salt and everyone chooses to ignore Hull came on for him. You can only guess if he would leave for cash, but I do recall that he said something about unfinished business. Also why bring in young inexperienced players if your not here for the long term or don't have the owners full support?

I too believe that IF Pearson was to join a Premiership club, then Norwich would fit the bill. They are struggling, but still have a goodish squad, and probably only need two or three fresh faces to revive their fortunes.

There has been no approach from Norwich, as yet. Would he leave to join them? I don't know, but I do think he would be tempted.

I certainly hope he wont go, if offered the job, but I would be worried. This is not the ideal time of the season for a manager to leave, and more so, in view of our league position at this moment in time.

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?  :pearson:

It's a fine balance that the owners have to tread .... keeping faith with him last year will mean he owes them some loyalty in return and I'm sure that he feels that.

But if a testing offer came in ... there'll be 3-4 sackings in the premiership between now and january ... Then this loyalty may be tested. I'd like to think that he'd give our owners the option to keep him for the same package as he's offered and they can choose how much they rate him at that point.

Then it's all down to timing!!!

And after all that, him having a contract will still make no difference if he wants to leave. Just like Little's, McGhee's, O'Neill's and Megson's made no difference. All it really does is guarantee him his salary & compensation if he's sacked and us compensation if he leaves for another club

Archived