Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Why is it so quiet on here when we're doing well?

Alright alright I'll become my usual sensible self again :thumbup:

No, I don't agree that praise isn't given when it's warranted. I know I give praise and criticism in even measure and have been doing so lots recently.

The raison d'être of a football forum is to give views. If these are positive, sobeit, if negative, sobeit, if neutral sobeit.

There was lots to be critical of last season.... A 17 match unwinning run, for one.

The problem with certain posters is the putting down of a negative view, because you want to continue to be positive and vice verca.

As long as the posts are backed-up with some well thought out critique, either way, I'm happy to read them. What I won't accept is being called 'a moron', for example, simply because I don't feel very positive about things at the time. I'm not being told what to post by anyone. That's not the game is it?

Recently, I've been over the moon with some of our performances and have said so. If I'm not, I'll also say so.

Personally I'm as happy to read Seenitall as I am Thrac. The conflicting and contrasting views all add to the spice of the forum. It would be a boring ol place if everyone posted how fantastic everything was, when it wasn't, or vice-verca.

Good post buddy. Spot on.

One still get's that heavy overtone from Pearson's lap dog's, that ANYONE who dares crtiicise him is a "moron", whether they are right or not.

Praise where praise is due, and criticism when criticism is due. At this moment in time I am full of praise for him, but if things fall apart, then guess what?

One still get's that heavy overtone from Pearson's lap dog's, that ANYONE who dares crtiicise him is a "moron", whether they are right or not.

Praise where praise is due, and criticism when criticism is due. At this moment in time I am full of praise for him, but if things fall apart, then guess what?

I'm guessing you will flip flop DT? :P

lol

Could you spell all that again so it's, like, legible?

Oh, and that sentence about "morons"... Would you like that mirror in Christmas wrapping or do you want it out of the box?

It's a shame that the first thought of so many on here is self-congratulation when the team are doing well.

Being critical of a side when it is playing badly and failing to fulfil its objectives is not the same as wanting your team to lose. I've defended Pearson through the vast majority of his time here; even so it's frustrating to see people who are unconditionally positive feeling the need to gloat every time we win. If you say it's 5 o'clock for long enough you'll be right eventually. It's the blindly positive version of the woman who went round ports every day screaming that the departing ships were going to sink. Then one day she chanced upon Southampton dockyard as the Titanic was leaving.

Unflinching negativity and unflinching positivity are equally benign. Surely a fan should celebrate when things are going well (and not just because they were right about it) and demand better when they're not. Football grounds would be awfully quiet if that weren't the case.

Yeah but there is being critical, and then there is calling for the managers head every time we lose and considering 6th place as unacceptable, so he gets everything he deserves. I think you seem to confuse "gloating" for "see how stupid some of crap you've posted on here before the season was" as well.

Great result today as well would you not agree seenitall lol Pearson out

Archived