Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Why is it so quiet on here when we're doing well?

yeah nice one for starting this thread. I'm really happy with how NP is doing, the KP is an absolute fortress and has been for a while now. I feel we have the guile to score against teams who sit deep and defend against us as well as the pace and direct play to punish those who come at us. Defence can hold out under pressure and there's competition for places. I didn't have much hope for this season at the start, but we certainly look like a team who can make the playoffs so lets see how far we can go! Keep it up boys, COYB!

There's a real lack of attention seekers when we've won, they hate us winning.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how the season is going. I thought a play-off place would be a real challenge this season with stronger opposition than last season in the shape of Wigan, QPR and Big Spending Forest but we're doing well so far, let's hope it continues.  I don't want to predict where we'll finish in May, that can only ever go horribly wrong, but I think expectations are justifiably higher now than they were at the beginning of August.

I can see Tuesday night being a big test, it'll let us know how far away we are from making the next step. If we do have ambitions of being an established Premier League side, Fulham are the yardstick for what we can realistically achieve. 

I have to say that Liam Moore and Jamie Vardy have been a revelation this season, it's no exaggeration to say that they've been like new signings. 

I'm thrilled, I think so many players are coming in form at the best time possible for us! I am ecstatic with our start. I can't wait for each game it is so exciting!

Loving vardy ATM he really has been the difference this season with his closing down up top and his lightning pace that really worries defenders. It's great.

I'm still taking it one game at a time this season, as I said I would.

And we are doing better than I thought we would. Today we played some lovely football.

Make no bones about it, the next few games will be a real indication of how far we have come, or not. Starting next Saturday. Win away at Watford and beat Forest Scum at home and I will start to get more excited that this just could be our year.

Well done Nige and well done the players. I'm proud to be a City fan.

2-1 is it 8 times?

Many are underwhelmed,hope for 4 or 5 nil but find us in the ' nervous nineties',hanging on in injury time.

There have been an awful lot of missed chances, a lot of folk think it is only a matter of time before a 3 or 4 goal win.It may be!

Almost top of the league,take it agame at a time.If we are still top 2 come May .....bingo!

After last seasson's dissappointment I will be happy with a few 2-1 wins from February.

Why would anyone knock another win that lifts us into the genuine promotion places? I don't watch very often now so how we actually perform doesn't matter any more.

But Pearson has shown us, yet again, that he can get us into the top two and his challenge now is to do better than last season, when he did much the same, and prove that he can keep us there. 

I'm especially pleased for Vardy who looked such a good signing when he first arrived and is now showing the sort of consistency necessary to be an important asset.        

Threads like this annoy me a bit. 

The forum is obviously most alive when there's debate. Bar Nugent and the few ****** who continue to have a pop at him there isn't really much to debate at the moment. 

Starting line up debates? We've been unchanged (rightly) for months. 

Results are all good.

Behind the scenes disasters/wages/bust ups/take overs/sack the manager bullshit? None of that's happening to be discussed.

No transfers on the horizon and none massively needed atm.

Generally nothing to debate means there's a lack of activity. 

But on the theme of this thread yeah we're doing well. Tough set of 10 fixtures or so coming up. Let's hope we don't pick up any injuries because we look like we can beat anyone at home and we've shown we're capable of doing some business away from home. Most comments in post match threads are still saying we're wasteful, so let's hope the chances start to get tucked away and we'll bang a few teams on the way. 

We beat an average team who were down to ten men by a one goal margin at home. Good to get a win of course but it's nothing to shout about. Just business as usual.

You can only beat the team in front of you.

I think the lack of tests against quality teams is an important factor so the next couple of months is obviously crucial and will give us a lot more to think about as well as a better picture of how we're going to stand up toward the end.

Saying that, I think getting wins under our belt and a bit of self belief could be a huge helps. Fake it til you make it and all that. We've obviously got quality but a bit of fight and confidence could carry us a bit further.

what our downfall has been for god knows how long has been that we fail against the mid lower table teams. This season we have managed to get the wins against those teams, sure winning against Watford, reading and QPR would be a huge boost but it will be more important to keep beating the teams we have this season.

We're doing well and a lot better than I expected.

We're not playing amazing but not bad besides I've always said I don't care how we play, I care about results, you don't get extra points for playing well.

That said I'm a Leicester City fan and there have been many false dawns, much excitement to be let down. I can only focus and comment on the present which I am very happy with, delighted with, excited about, but I'm not getting to excited just yet, feet on the ground not getting ahead of myself.

We're ahead of almost everyone's expectations, clocking up more than two points per game, in the autos and the rest of it & still ppeople aren't happy.

Many inhabitants of FT are only here for the moan and as there's little to moan about there's nothing for them all to whinge about.

The lack of praise, no matter if it's only faint praise (given it's not May yet) Vs the vitriol after a rare defeat is embarrassing.

Not much to say really tbf, is there?

I'm happy but there's a lack of real talking points when we're winning. There's nothing to debate. And yeh, there's nothing to complain about. I don't feel  driven to talk about how we were good over and over again. If we were amazing, I might do.

Of course, there are certain posters who have completely disappeared. But I think we should say that we should expect to win more than we lose at this level. So wins aren't greeted the same way as surprise home draws/defeats.  Beating Bournemouth at home should leave us satisfied but it's unlikely to leave us over the moon.

Very pleased with how we're playing, but we've been here before. I don't want to get carried away because it can go so wrong so quickly and spectacularly if last season is anything to go by.

I'm happy but there's a lack of real talking points when we're winning. There's nothing to debate. And yeh, there's nothing to complain about. I don't feel driven to talk about how we were good over and over again. If we were amazing, I might do.

Of course, there are certain posters who have completely disappeared. But I think we should say that we should expect to win more than we lose at this level. So wins aren't greeted the same way as surprise home draws/defeats. Beating Bournemouth at home should leave us satisfied but it's unlikely to leave us over the moon.

Very pleased with how we're playing, but we've been here before. I don't want to get carried away because it can go so wrong so quickly and spectacularly if last season is anything to go by.

I agree with everything you say, I think this might turn into an interesting debate

I'm happy but there's a lack of real talking points when we're winning. There's nothing to debate. And yeh, there's nothing to complain about. I don't feel driven to talk about how we were good over and over again. If we were amazing, I might do.

Of course, there are certain posters who have completely disappeared. But I think we should say that we should expect to win more than we lose at this level. So wins aren't greeted the same way as surprise home draws/defeats. Beating Bournemouth at home should leave us satisfied but it's unlikely to leave us over the moon.

Good post, totally agree.

By around this time last year I was already thinking about the Premier League.  We had gone top and to me, seemed to have proven we were clearly better than the Championship by beating teams by goals.

It is far less spectacular this season.  We are conceding almost every game, we are wasting chances for fun and to be fair, we haven't looked a patch on how good we looked around this time last season.  

As people have already said, we have some more difficult games coming up.  In previous seasons, we've done quite well against teams near the top and struggled against teams who shut up shop or surprise us with their workrate.  

But...maybe beating the Bournmouths and Huddersfields at home is actually what is required to get promoted?

I don't want this to sound too negative, as it is so far so good.  I am happy with my lot as a football fan, with a good club with good players and a good manager to support.  

I'm just not going to get too excited about it this early in the season.

Archived