Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Why is it so quiet on here when we're doing well?

If praise was as forthcoming & quick to arrive as the negativity... but it isn't, the praise is always faint, the praise is always tainted with "one game at a time", "not getting carried away" etc & etc... well why don't those people treat the downsides in the same way, rather creating a thousand negative threads if we go one-nil down... even during the game never mind after it

It would be easier to take the negativity better if those people treated the positivity in the same manner but they never do, there's even some who are at their happiest when things go wrong, like the Charlton game for eg.

And one negative game (or even 10mins of a game) is the end of the line for Pearson & which ever particular player it is whose turn it is to be that week's kickbag... whilst it takes 15 positive games to eak out the faintest of conditional praise

That's the nature of online & phone-ins I suppose

I will agree on the phones ins that after one bad result, some callers go well over the top, but a vast majority of posters on here don't but the Pearson supporters seem to think we are hiding under rocks, and don't post when things are going well, and even suggest those that wanted Pearson gone want us to go shit again.

The likes of myself, hackney fox and many others gave constructive criticism last season, and even the most harden of Pearson supporters would struggle to defend what went wrong.

I was one of those who wanted Pearson gone in the summer, like a few others, but once it's clear he wasn't going, and had no choice but to back him, as he's our manager, but if he fails to go up, appoint a new manager with fresh ideas ,I still stick by that.

As it turns out he's had an amazing start, and as I stated last season we were amazing for periods of time, but well and truley went off the boil, so when people say one game at a time, it's not belittling what Pearson has done so far, but it's a long season, and things can still go pear shaped, as we know to well, but in the same breath we could carry on in this vein of form, nobody knows, but nothing's won this stage of the season.

I for one have praised the team from day one, even though I was disappointed that Pearson stayed, and as long as they keep up the consistent performances, results, and positive tactics, I will continue to praise, but if all of it changes and they deserve criticism, I will.

I will agree on the phones ins that after one bad result, some callers go well over the top, but a vast majority of posters on here don't but the Pearson supporters seem to think we are hiding under rocks, and don't post when things are going well, and even suggest those that wanted Pearson gone want us to go shit again.

The mistake you seem to be making is thinking people are talking about you, when your name hasn't even been mentioned. There are people on here as you rightly point out are here no matter what the result.

But, as the OP quite rightly points out this place is exceptionally quiet when doing well compared to when not. Post match threads after losses often touch double figures whilst wins have been known to muster only a few.  (Charlton Loss 7 pages - Bournemouth win 3).

There are quite a few people who only post when there is something to moan about, sadly that is a fact. As CC points out,  critisism is often not balanced with equal praise for anything good that's been done, if it was I'm sure not many would bat an eyelid.

You really might as well kiss Pearson's arse...

lol

For someone who often preaches about respecting others opinions... you really don't practice what you preach.

I fail to see what in his post warrants that kind of response?

It does seem to be the case that those who often say "don't get carried away when we win" do so when we lose.

Personally, we could do without the "I told you so" threads, either for or against the manager. Praise is fine, constructive criticism is fine, they are debates. The point scoring and better fan nonsense isn't required.

You really might as well kiss Pearson's arse...

lol

As usual, great response from you to a relatively lengthy & reasoned post

*slow hand clap *

Nothing in my post praises Pearson, I don't know what you read... I was commenting on how quick people were to be negative & slow to praise, & even then the praise is both faint & conditional

Just block me, if this forum allows it, then you won't have to infer things from my posts that either aren't there or reply in your usual provocative manner if someone says something that doesn't fit in with your worldview on all things City

The mistake you seem to be making is thinking people are talking about you, when your name hasn't even been mentioned. There are people on here as you rightly point out are here no matter what the result.

But, as the OP quite rightly points out this place is exceptionally quiet when doing well compared to when not. Post match threads after losses often touch double figures whilst wins have been known to muster only a few.  (Charlton Loss 7 pages - Bournemouth win 3).

There are quite a few people who only post when there is something to moan about, sadly that is a fact. As CC points out,  critisism is often not balanced with equal praise for anything good that's been done, if it was I'm sure not many would bat an eyelid.

"Quid pro quo Agent Starling"

But, as the OP quite rightly points out this place is exceptionally quiet when doing well compared to when not. Post match threads after losses often touch double figures whilst wins have been known to muster only a few. (Charlton Loss 7 pages - Bournemouth win 3).

There are quite a few people who only post when there is something to moan about, sadly that is a fact. As CC points out, critisism is often not balanced with equal praise for anything good that's been done, if it was I'm sure not many would bat an eyelid.

I don't think the post is aimed at me, but people who have had the similar opinions as me.

And yes cc has a point to an extent, but it isn't unique to leicester, go on any fans forum, it's pretty much the same, I'm sure Fulhams forum this morning would have been negative, calling for Jol's head, because they are playing crap.

The fact is football fans worldwide will moan when things go wrong, some will follow blindly, and some will moan for the sake of it.

I don't think the post is aimed at me, but people who have had the similar opinions as me.

And yes cc has a point to an extent, but it isn't unique to leicester, go on any fans forum, it's pretty much the same, I'm sure Fulhams forum this morning would have been negative, calling for Jol's head, because they are playing crap.

The fact is football fans worldwide will moan when things go wrong, some will follow blindly, and some will moan for the sake of it.

And some will remain balanced. Someone moaning about football is far far more annoying than someone who is happy about things. Most of the folk who moan are usually wrong anyway....

Alright alright I'll become my usual sensible self again :thumbup:

No, I don't agree that praise isn't given when it's warranted. I know I give praise and criticism in even measure and have been doing so lots recently.

The raison d'être of a football forum is to give views. If these are positive, sobeit, if negative, sobeit, if neutral sobeit.

There was lots to be critical of last season.... A 17 match unwinning run, for one.

The problem with certain posters is the putting down of a negative view, because you want to continue to be positive and vice verca.

As long as the posts are backed-up with some well thought out critique, either way, I'm happy to read them. What I won't accept is being called 'a moron', for example, simply because I don't feel very positive about things at the time. I'm not being told what to post by anyone. That's not the game is it?

Recently, I've been over the moon with some of our performances and have said so. If I'm not, I'll also say so.

Personally I'm as happy to read Seenitall as I am Thrac. The conflicting and contrasting views all add to the spice of the forum. It would be a boring ol place if everyone posted how fantastic everything was, when it wasn't, or vice-verca.

Alright alright I'll become my usual sensible self again :thumbup:

No, I don't agree that praise isn't given when it's warranted. I know I give praise and criticism in even measure and have been doing so lots recently.

The raison d'être of a football forum is to give views. If these are positive, sobeit, if negative, sobeit, if neutral sobeit.

There was lots to be critical of last season.... A 17 match unwinning run, for one.

The problem with certain posters is the putting down of a negative view, because you want to continue to be positive and vice verca.

As long as the posts are backed-up with some well thought out critique, either way, I'm happy to read them. What I won't accept is being called 'a moron', for example, simply because I don't feel very positive about things at the time. I'm not being told what to post by anyone. That's not the game is it?

Recently, I've been over the moon with some of our performances and have said so. If I'm not, I'll also say so.

Personally I'm as happy to read Seenitall as I am Thrac. The conflicting and contrasting views all add to the spice of the forum. It would be a boring ol place if everyone posted how fantastic everything was, when it wasn't, or vice-verca.

What you banging on about now mate? lol Personally think you can be a tad controversial and hasty at times, however I primarily enjoy your posts even if you call me a happy clapper sometimes :P Agree with the point about the less popular posters, they often make me laugh. COYB :chant: (happy clapping) :thumbup:

What you banging on about now mate? lol Personally think you can be a tad controversial and hasty at times, however I primarily enjoy your posts even if you call me a happy clapper sometimes :P Agree with the point about the less popular posters, they often make me laugh. COYB :chant: (happy clapping) :thumbup:

Fookin happer clapper...

:angry:

lol

And some will remain balanced. Someone moaning about football is far far more annoying than someone who is happy about things. Most of the folk who moan are usually wrong anyway....

lol most that moan are wrong.

It would be annoying if the moan was irrational, but if the moan, or should I say constructive criticism, is valid and warranted why would it be annoying, it would be factual.

The problem is some accept things that are not right, other don't, and if people are stating facts and that annoys you, that suggests you get annoyed very easily, but i will say some of the criticism wasn't called for.

There is no problem being happy with the football, because that's why we pay to watch, but if the entertainment provided isn't up to scratch, you are entitled to moan.

lol most that moan are wrong.

It would be annoying if the moan was irrational, but if the moan, or should I say constructive criticism, is valid and warranted why would it be annoying, it would be factual.

The problem is some accept things that are not right, other don't, and if people are stating facts and that annoys you, that suggests you get annoyed very easily, but i will say some of the criticism wasn't called for.

There is no problem being happy with the football, because that's why we pay to watch, but if the entertainment provided isn't up to scratch, you are entitled to moan.

There lies the problem, I feel, Monse, It's hardly ever about fact it's primarily about emotionally charged opinion. Everyone thinks their opinion is right and that's what makes a forum so interesting IMO!

There lies the problem, I feel, Monse, It's hardly ever about fact it's primarily about emotinally charged opinion. Everyone thinks their opinion is right and that's what makes a forum so interesting IMO!

I think you could be right, as a lot of what you says makes sense, we all do get to emotional about things, as no matter what the opinions are, we all want city to do well.

And yes it does make it interesting to have a good debate, as I for one end up spending to much time on here lol.

And I would rather have a good debate, than view a crap thread like the baby squad one has descended into.

I think you could be right, as a lot of what you says makes sense, we all do get to emotional about things, as no matter what the opinions are, we all want city to do well.

And yes it does make it interesting to have a good debate, as I for one end up spending to much time on here lol.

And I would rather have a good debate, than view a crap thread like the baby squad one has descended into.

Now I'm loving that thread, have genuinely laughed out loud at it, particularly as I was around all home and vast majority away for most of 80s and 90s. Humour is the way to deal with that one I feel.

Once again, you seem to be applying what you do to everyone. Nobody has said EVERYONE who moans never gives praise, or that EVERYONE who moans is never around.

It seems lots of people are getting very defensive about things, when things haven't even been aimed at them.

It was 8 wasn't it?

I dunno but it as sure as shit weren't 17.

This bad run we had seems to get bigger every time it's brought up.

I'd have said it was the 12 games between Peterborough away and Barnsley away (and we still won a game in that run). With us starting to improve again in the Brighton away game.

Yet you conveniently forget the other poor runs of last season.

I'm amazed at how a whole season is now seen as us playing great football for the whole season with the exception of that one poor run.

I look at last season and see a fair number of poor results broken up by 2 runs of 5 games unbeaten.

Yet you conveniently forget the other poor runs of last season.

I'm amazed at how a whole season is now seen as us playing great football for the whole season with the exception of that one poor run.

I look at last season and see a fair number of poor results broken up by 2 runs of 5 games unbeaten.

I have conveniently forgotten? What a ridiculous comment.

We were discussing the so called "17 match unwinning run" completely made up by another poster, nothing else. It wasn't 17 games, it was nothing like 17 games. End of bloody story. Read what people are actually saying rather than projecting what your preconceptions onto them.

Ah well I'm glad you've pointed out the other what, 9 wins and 11 draws don't really count because they weren't consecutive enough. Oh and it was 7 games unbeaten (6 wins and a draw). 6 games unbeaten (5 wins and a draw). There was also a 4 games unbeaten (2 draws, 2 wins). And a one loss in 7 at the end of the season.

Archived