Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shearfox

Pearson boring...

Bamba a scumbag?

He was ahero to many when he was here.

Burnley are where they are without having spent any money on transfer fees, whether they can continue that form remains to be seen.

His signings this season seem to be working well at the moment, what input does the dof have I wonder?

I referred to Beckford as a scumbag, not Bamba. Although Bamba was- he and his agent were constantly demanding more money.

We haven't signed many since the DOF came in have we? I think he is more responsible for contract negotiations and shipping out unwanted players. Pretty sure Steve Walsh still scouts

This 'what has Pearson done for the club' thing is plain wrong.

I think he's done lots already. IMO the biggest achievement is getting rid of Mills and Beckford. I thought we were stuck with the latter until his contract expired, which would have been disaster financially.

Pearson has got the players firing again. There seems to be a good mood in the camp this season. Wages have been trimmed, the signings generally look good, strong players.

Yes, we haven't won anything yet. But success is relative isn't it? Pearson has the squad going in the right direction, there is a plan and a philosophy. Compared to the car-crash that was Sven's time at the club, we are in a much better state now.

Equally there are those who will never hear a bad word said about NFP, even during that run last season there were some who came over as loving Pearson more than the club.

It's just great that bickering whilst things are going so well rather than during a bad run, lon may it continue.

I'm not a fan, obviously, or haven't been but I'd love it should he become a legend like MON, I'm sure the most anti NFP poster feels the same.

Equally there are those who put their hatred of Pearson ahead of their support for Leicester City. No-one has to love the manager or players to support the team and the club but to refuse to attend matches or hope we lose so a manager that is actually doing a very good job overall is sacked, is just a bit ridiculous.

Fortunately, they're not regulars on here and seem to have magically disappeared

No-one has to love the manager or players to support the team and the club but to refuse to attend matches or hope we lose so a manager that is actually doing a very good job overall is sacked, is just a bit ridiculous.

Fortunately, they're not regulars on here and seem to have magically disappeared

I know a number of people who used to find Pearsonball turgid so I could understand why some may choose not to go to games.

Has there ever been anyone who has hoped that we actually lose a game?

You may fins a throw away line that mentions in it but I'm certain ther aren't a number of people who want us to lose.

I'm disappointed we've got this far, it can only damage our run in the league imo.

I don't believe this. I have to agree with what Claridge said on the FLS (or the cup equivalent of it - whatever it is called) and that is that there is no evidence whatsoever that this is the case. A good cup run only breeds confidence and competition for places. How many players did we rest on Tuesday? 5? That means that 5 players came in and did a job and will be putting pressure on other players for their place in the starting 11. I think we have a good squad at present with about 18 players that 'could' play regularly and I would be reasonably happy with them playing (obvs. I have my favorites - what I deem to be the strongest team). As Claridge went on to say - footballers would rather play than train. The cup run can only help add confidence and might also act in our favor when teams play against us - nobody is going to want to play against a team that is at the top of the division and has just knocked a Prem league side out of the cup - there is something to be said for the fear factor (football is a confidence game).

Personally, I think we have a tough run of games coming up and I fully expect to lose a couple - that is football (it happens). It will be how we deal with that and I think NP and the squad are much better equipped than they were last year. 

I don't see how winning is a bad thing, and those saying the cup doesn't matter- how often have we seen or heard that the Huddersfield cup game was the turning point of last season?

We don't have to throw everything at the Capital One Cup, it's several weeks away and we've got plenty of league games before then.

If it was a mid week game away to Eastern European Europa league team I could see why it could affect our performance the following weekend but with it being a home game against a team like Man City I think we can only gain from it. If our players are athletic enough to go out on the piss mid week when we have Chelsea away in the FA Cup quarter final then they can play a mid week game of football.

Archived