Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shearfox

Pearson boring...

He was tactically inept for large parts of last season imo.

Hopefully he's improved on that score, seems to have at the moment let's see if it continues.

Not sure 'what he's done for the club at the moment' is that momentous just yet, let's hope come the end of the season he has a Championship promotion in the bag.

He was tactically inept for large parts of last season imo.

Hopefully he's improved on that score, seems to have at the moment let's see if it continues.

Not sure 'what he's done for the club at the moment' is that momentous just yet, let's hope come the end of the season he has a Championship promotion in the bag.

I think they were referring to what he's done financially for the club. Amazing that he's done this whilst at the same time built the best squad we've had in years.

I think they were referring to what he's done financially for the club. Amazing that he's done this whilst at the same time built the best squad we've had in years.

I assumed that is what was being referred to, plenty of other managers are having to do the same, look at Burnley.

The adding of experience this season could be his best move yet.

I'm buzzing with how we are doing at the moment but I don't seem to recall the "moaners" as they are called singling out all the "Pearson lovers" when we were shite for an entire 1/3 of a season.

lol

You must have fogotten every other thread during that time which slagged anyone off who dared to post anything positive or suggest that, despite the poor run, they supported the manager.

lol.

You must have fogotten every other thread during that time which slagged anyone off who dared to post anything positive or suggest that, despite the poor run, they supported the manager.

I don't remember them being called morons or the mention of crawling out from under stones.

I suppose we all see opposing posters opinions as being more vitriolic than our own.

I don't remember them being called morons or the mention of crawling out from under stones.

I suppose we all see opposing posters opinions as being more vitriolic than our own.

I was called much worse than 'moron' during that time. Plus no-one got accused of craling out from under stones because the epopel who supported Pearson during that period never hid during the bad results. I was never happy with losing, but I still believed Pearson would turn it around, and he did.

There are certain doom and gloom mongers who you never see posting on here, but they mysteriously pop up every single time we lose to trash the team and the manager. Fair play to you, you're not one of them.

Until the point people who slate the manager are as quick to praise the good as they are slate the bad, then these threads will keep popping up. That's not aimed at all, there are a good number who are here all the time. But then, there are some who only turn up when something bad happens.

Until the point people who slate the manager are as quick to praise the good as they are slate the bad, then these threads will keep popping up. That's not aimed at all, there are a good number who are here all the time. But then, there are some who only turn up when something bad happens.

Equally there are those who will never hear a bad word said about NFP, even during that run last season there were some who came over as loving Pearson more than the club.

It's just great that bickering whilst things are going so well rather than during a bad run, lon may it continue.

I'm not a fan, obviously, or haven't been but I'd love it should he become a legend like MON, I'm sure the most anti NFP poster feels the same.

I assumed that is what was being referred to, plenty of other managers are having to do the same, look at Burnley.

The adding of experience this season could be his best move yet.

Burnley were in nowhere near the state we were. Agree on the experience thing- although he tried to add last season but had to offload before he could. Great for us that the likes of scumbag Beckford, Mills, Bamba, and hopefully soon St Ledger are no longer here. Frees up more cash for Pearson to delve into the market ( he's very good at it in my opinion)

Bamba a scumbag?

He was ahero to many when he was here.

Burnley are where they are without having spent any money on transfer fees, whether they can continue that form remains to be seen.

His signings this season seem to be working well at the moment, what input does the dof have I wonder?

Equally there are those who will never hear a bad word said about NFP, even during that run last season there were some who came over as loving Pearson more than the club.

It's just great that bickering whilst things are going so well rather than during a bad run, lon may it continue.

I'm not a fan, obviously, or haven't been but I'd love it should he become a legend like MON, I'm sure the most anti NFP poster feels the same.

I can't remember anyone who defended the bad run. There is a difference between that, and defending Pearson against people saying things like "one of the worst managers we've had" and people saying "we'll be in a relegation battle if we keep him". 

Even if people did, they are at least here all the time, even if that point of view is as warped as the other one. It seems to be the people only rocking up when something bad happens that gets on peoples nerves the most.

Anyway, he and the team have done brilliantly so far I'm sure we'll all agree.

I can't remember anyone who defended the bad run.

How can you defend a bad run?

What they did was blame everyone and everything rather than the manager, the manager has to take some blame for a run like that if only for not having signed the experience we so obviously needed.

He's put that right this season.

How can you defend a bad run?

What they did was blame everyone and everything rather than the manager, the manager has to take some blame for a run like that if only for not having signed the experience we so obviously needed.

He's put that right this season.

Really? I saw many ask why the football had become so poor, why the players were not playing at all well and why we couldn't beat some very poor teams. Pearson wasn't exempt from criticism during that time.

It did lead to a lot of "I told you so" posters who turned up and then disappeared, having said that the other I told you so group who are telling everyone how amazing Nige is and how we'll storm the league are equally annoying as they'll probably go if we start to struggle.

I've no problem with fans enjoying winning or criticising when we lose, it's the extra digs that create the pettiness on here.

Really? I saw many ask why the football had become so poor, why the players were not playing at all well and why we couldn't beat some very poor teams. Pearson wasn't exempt from criticism during that time.

It did lead to a lot of "I told you so" posters who turned up and then disappeared, having said that the other I told you so group who are telling everyone how amazing Nige is and how we'll storm the league are equally annoying as they'll probably go if we start to struggle.

I've no problem with fans enjoying winning or criticising when we lose, it's the extra digs that create the pettiness on here.

I saw the same from the majority but a few seemed to excuse Pearson whatever had happened.

As you say it's the extra digs that create the pettiness.

I'm all for positive threads, it's people calling others 'morons' and 'haters' that winds me up, it just makes it all so petty.

I don't remember the pro Pearson camp receiving that type of abuse when we were on that run last season.

Hackney - the dogs abuse I used to get elsewhere for sticking up for Pearson last season?

And worse still the dogs abuse he was getting.

You're still missed there Rob but you managed to stand up for yourself.

I don't have a problem with the abuse he received last season, that run was dreadful and I blame him for not bringing in experienced heads, he then verbally abused some of the fans, and comments about 'don't bother coming if you don't like it' should never be thrown at the fans.

I believe he may have taken onboard some of the criticism he received last season, he's certainly more open when interviewed, whether the bringing in of experienced players is down to him or the fop I don't know, I'm hoping it was his idea.

I think he did make mistakes also, I just think it is one hell of a job. Especially when you have players working against you who had contracts.

I also think he has learned from his mistakes, the signing of the experienced three to ensure we don't hit a walk again.

I just sometimes think it harsh the level of abuse when it gets personal and it is a very hard job managing big egos and club chairmen.

I think last season some of his comments proved how difficult he was finding it.

Glad he has got through it, glad he has learned and I am lovin this season. An absolute pleasure to watch

They've all disappeared!!

I'm not a hater, but still need to be convinced. The end of the season will be the proof of the pudding.

I have said I will be behind Pearson, on umteen occasions, and I also said we were capable of winning last night, and am delighted.

Winning this competition or gaining promotion will convince me he is the right man. Fall short, and he will have failed. Hope he doesn't though.

Archived