Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Best ever

Rather than rubbing it in, what I am more interested to find out is how people now view certain things chucked at him last year.

Would people now accept perhaps the manager was better placed to judge which players he did and didn't want around the club. He was widely slammed by certain sections for "falling out" with certain players. Now there is no real evidence of any falling out other than SSL, but clearly he chose not to have those players around the club.

He has stated numerous times that certain players weren't committed, didn't want to be here etc. Yet it was still chucked at him that it was actually he who caused the problems.  We've had more than one player comment on this being the best team spirit here in at least the last three year.

He has been slammed for not progressing anyone but defenders. Yet some people are now saying the likes of Dyer, Vardy, King, Drinkwater are all putting in much more complete performances. Certainly Dyer is in the form of his life. Are people willing to admit their improvement, as willingly as they say people haven't improved when we're on a bad run?

I think in general managers are got rid of too soon. It takes time to build a team of players who can play together. Sometimes it may be obvious that the manager is useles but then he should not be in the job or is at too high a level. Peason brought players in who had not played together and never knew each other on or off the pitch. By keeping them they have gradually bonded. They are still a young team so need to keep together. A new manager would disrupt the flow. I believe they can get automatic place. Not bothered if it's 2nd.

That list of names I only recognised Flowolf as posters but I rarely look at this section staying in GC non match days.

Come on then tell me what would have happen if we had changed the manager, I must be a moron, or you can see into the future.

The fact is nobody knows what wouldn't have happened if things had changed, it may have put us back a couple of season, or we could have done what hull did after Pearsons departure, nobody knows.

Mangager comes in- Squad gets upheaved- 'Rebuilding time is needed' claim the said clueless cnuts, 'give him time' Eventually, 'sack him, he's a willy puller'

This is not being said on the back of today- Show me another decent manager who would get us to where we currently are with the wage bill and current players. There's fckin NO-ONE. Not bloody one manager who could do what Pearson is doing. He is now the 2nd longest serving manager in the Championship. Combine that and our position, does that not tell you something about how special our manager is?

Yes we had a poor run last season but ultimately Cardiff have been renowned for bottling it in exactly the same way we did last season. except they did it two or three times before going up.

How we managed to do so shite for so long at the end of last season speaks volumes for how bloody good we were up to that point. It ain't hard mate, I'm just satisfied with my life, love supporting a team and manager who care about our club and have pretty much fcku all to moan about when I'm able to see the bigger picture.

Tada.

Nobody was pleased with our poor run last season, but we were always a work in progress last year and it would have been moronic to throw away all the work done on the squad for the sake of an inevitable dodgy patch. At the start of last season our aim was to get in the playoffs, we managed that so why get rid of a manager who's achieved his set goals and managed to both improved our team ethic and our wage bill in doing so?

I know what your saying, and I was torn last season, as at times we played some of the best football I have seen from a city side, but was so frustrated with the length of time it took to sort it out, and you could say we never really recovered, yes we made the playoffs but we never got back to our best.

Until now it's payed off keeping him, and adding some experience has made a big difference.

I had my views last season, and it looks like I was to hasty, but at the time, I think my views and opinions were justified.

Rather than rubbing it in

Having said that, it's rather difficult to not think about comments like these on a day like today.

You are completely wrong, l don't hate him as a person, l don't actually care about him as a person. As a football manager l think he is amongst the worst we have had who really doesn't know what he is doing. There's enough people who won't watch city while he's in charge and enough people who feel the same as me to convince me i'm 100% correct. He will never win anything and will never manage at an higher level than he is at present. The day he gets the sack is the day we can enjoy supporting Leicester again.

I hope the people who will no longer watch Leicester because of him enjoyed their Saturday watching the horse racing, or walking round Asda with the Mrs. Because I enjoyed last year for the most part, and am so far fecking off my tits with joy this season.

Mangager comes in- Squad gets upheaved- 'Rebuilding time is needed' claim the said clueless cnuts, 'give him time' Eventually, 'sack him, he's a willy puller'

This is not being said on the back of today- Show me another decent manager who would get us to where we currently are with the wage bill and current players. There's fckin NO-ONE. Not bloody one manager who could do what Pearson is doing. He is now the 2nd longest serving manager in the Championship. Combine that and our position, does that not tell you something about how special our manager is?

Yes we had a poor run last season but ultimately Cardiff have been renowned for bottling it in exactly the same way we did last season. except they did it two or three times before going up.

How we managed to do so shite for so long at the end of last season speaks volumes for how bloody good we were up to that point. It ain't hard mate, I'm just satisfied with my life, love supporting a team and manager who care about our club and have pretty much fcku all to moan about when I'm able to see the bigger picture.

Tada.

So what you are saying is that a new manager would not have us were we are then, no doubt about it.

Well done you for seeing the bigger picture.

This is not being said on the back of today- Show me another decent manager who would get us to where we currently are with the wage bill and current players. There's fckin NO-ONE. Not bloody one manager who could do what Pearson is doing.

I think that's stretching it a bit, we don't know one way or the other.

Haha brilliant post. Name and shame!

If they voted for sacking Pearson - there is no shame. The credit goes to Pearson who has realised his tactical inner self, learnt from his past mistakes and started being a proper human being to all those he has to deal with, like Ian Stringer.

The current version of Pearson is not the same person as last year. He has become a better manager and a better person. Long may it continue. :pearson:

If they voted for sacking Pearson - there is no shame. The credit goes to Pearson who has realised his tactical inner self, learnt from his past mistakes and started being a proper human being to all those he has to deal with, like Ian Stringer.

The current version of Pearson is not the same person as last year. He has become a better manager and a better person. Long may it continue. :pearson:

Arrrgh the old I wasn't wrong, everyone else has just started doing what I said they should defence.  lol  ;)  :P 

Well it's hard to think of a realistic managerial target. Something the Pearson outers have always struggled with when asked for a name.

Whilst I know what you are saying, shitter managers than Pearson have managed to get clubs promoted first time of asking. (Dowie, Keane amongst others).

On such a limited budget?

(genuine question)

Well, whilst we haven't spent much this summer. We still have one of the largest budgets in the league.

Kasper cost a million. So did wes, wood, vardy, james, de laet, knocky amongst others.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nige and he's dong a decent job so far.

So if you'd had your way then we probably wouldn't have started as brilliantly as we have done, but no one is allowed to point that out?

That was a very good and honest appraisal of the situation, that you have responded to, but always seeking an argument you make your own blue blinkered analysis to create a negative response. The very slightest criticism of Pearson, when he deserves it, and you are up on your high horse.

I am backing him all the way, as long as he gets things right, but a crass plunge into a long run of poor results would entitle people to criticise, which is what happened last season. I don't believe it will happen this season, and feel Pearson has done a far better job this time around (praise where praise is due), and it is well deserved..

Try growing up a little more Mark, and stop trying to find faults in posts, that you create out of your own imagination.

Anyway, let's all hope we can get promotion this season.  :thumbup:

Well, whilst we haven't spent much this summer. We still have one of the largest budgets in the league.

Kasper cost a million. So did wes, wood, vardy, james, de laet, knocky amongst others.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nige and he's dong a decent job so far.

No I know you do, I've seen the other threads! Whereas you just ignore the anto Pearson lot I just tend to yell abhorrent abuse at them.

Its easier.

Will Pearson get credit?

From a few maybe, but this place is a comparative ghost town when we win.

Best ever start won't be good enough for some, their fingers are poised to ready to make a 'Pearson/Drinkwater/Nugent Out!' as soon as something fractionally negative happens and the months of good work will count for nothing.

:yawn:

Not again

For fooks sake, change the record...

The forum is FULL of how great Pearson is. And at the moment, rightly so.

That was a very good and honest appraisal of the situation, that you have responded to, but always seeking an argument you make your own blue blinkered analysis to create a negative response. The very slightest criticism of Pearson, when he deserves it, and you are up on your high horse.

I am backing him all the way, as long as he gets things right, but a crass plunge into a long run of poor results would entitle people to criticise, which is what happened last season. I don't believe it will happen this season, and feel Pearson has done a far better job this time around (praise where praise is due), and it is well deserved..

Try growing up a little more Mark, and stop trying to find faults in posts, that you create out of your own imagination.

Anyway, let's all hope we can get promotion this season. :thumbup:

Good post DT...

:thumbup:

What I'm saying is that based on every other managerial change we've suffered in the past 10 years no other manager has managed it so why should one more change?

The fact is I agree that Pearson puts good squads together, and I could see a few changes, and new ideas we would just about sorted it, Bruce did it at hull, there's nothing to say it wouldn't happen to us, so nobody can say only Pearson could have us in this position, that's no taking away anything from Pearson.

The fact is a lot of mistakes were made last season, tactically and blend of the squad, and Pearson has to accept the wrongs.

Yes I wanted him gone, and aswell as the team being a lot more experienced, I think Pearson learnt from his mistakes, fingers crossed, but nobody can be slated for being pissed off at the time, and frustrated that a good side just wouldn't perform.

What I'm getting at during that time, they deserved the criticism, and a lot of us got frustrated and disappointed in what looked like the season, but they are now performing and doing well, and if people are still slating them, calling them a **** would be warranted, because everything about the club is positive, but to call people ***** for opinions when things were a lot darker and depressing, is out if order.

Archived