Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
langtonfox

Walshys Rant

l can't believe that any Leicester fan doesn't hate this c@nt. The bloke was given that squad plus £27m and he turned us into about the worst major team in the country. What made it ever worse was he never accepted any blame what so ever. Nothing at all to do with MON being a hard act to follow, this @rsehole is the biggest conman in football history, and he's still getting away with it, which is totally unbelievable. He should be hanged for crimes against football.

Wow! Such anger.... Even now?

You're incorrect. MON was always going to be a hard act to follow. To say he wasn't is plain daft... The levels of continued success he got with the club have never since been replicated. Fact.

The rumour at the time was that some of the players didn't want to play for Taylor. They had loved Martin so much that they either wanted to leave the club or just stopped being bothered.

Therefore, Taylor had to make changes and stamp himself onto the football club. Like most new managers have to. The problem was, he just wasn't good enough. With hindsight, The club should have gone for stronger personalities. They did in fact... Redknapp, but he turned us down.

Let me ask you this... Which of you AT THE TIME thought Taylor was the wrong choice? And said so. I suspect very few. He came to City generally thought of as one of the best young English managers of the time.

Are you serious ????????????????????????

You actually  find excuse's for Taylor !!!!!!!!

un****ingbelievable, and yes, plenty of anger regarding that dog of a man.

Have you ever supported Leicester City Football Club ?

You're incorrect. MON was always going to be a hard act to follow. To say he wasn't is plain daft... The levels of continued success he got with the club have never since been replicated. Fact.

The rumour at the time was that some of the players didn't want to play for Taylor. They had loved Martin so much that they either wanted to leave the club or just stopped being bothered.

Therefore, Taylor had to make changes and stamp himself onto the football club. Like most new managers have to. The problem was, he just wasn't good enough. With hindsight, The club should have gone for stronger personalities. They did in fact... Redknapp, but he turned us down.

Let me ask you this... Which of you AT THE TIME thought Taylor was the wrong choice? And said so. I suspect very few. He came to City generally thought of as one of the best young English managers of the time.

Why is that relevant?

That's only relevant if you're looking for mitigating circumstances for the idiocy of the people who bought in Peter Taylor (i.e. the Board). They could be excused because most people were quietly confident with Taylor when he joined and he was an up and coming young manager.

But, whether you jumped for joy when we hired Taylor in 2000, or cursed, it is completely irrelevant when you're assessing how good or otherwise Taylor was during his time here.

And yes. Such anger. Even now.

The man ruined everything that MO'N did, and started us on the downward spiral of which we are still feeling the effects.

Yes, O'Neill was, in some ways, a tough act to follow. But let's not kid ourselves - he was also, in other ways, a wonderful act to follow. Taylor inherited a healthy, hungry young squad, which had been in Europe twice, won two domestic trophies, had 27 million in the coffers, and had a supportive board and fanbase willing to give him time. It was hardly David Moyes-like pressure.  

He had all that. All the fruits of the hard graft put in by MO'N and co. and he threw it all down the drain.

Hate him.

Regarding Walshy's rant... See this in some context. That being Walshy has long made it clear he wanted to manage the club or at least be part of the managerial set-up.

Taylor got the job and fooked it up, so it sounds like sour grapes to me. I loved Walsh as a player, but he's been ranting for years.

Its not sour grapes regarding Walshy not managing Leiceste, he hates him for what he did to LCFC and the way he treated him personally, and the way Taylor treated the rest of the established MON team.

Are you serious ????????????????????????

You actually find excuse's for Taylor !!!!!!!!

un****ingbelievable, and yes, plenty of anger regarding that dog of a man.

Have you ever supported Leicester City Football Club ?

You're ranting too.

It's too easy to simply call Taylor a cvnt. Try to look at his failure in some context. If you simply dismiss that many of the players never got over MON leaving then you'll never know the bigger picture. I ask you again. Did you disagree with his appointment at the time? Very few did. I fear however, that trying to have a conversation with you on this is futile. 'Taylor's a cvnt who should be hung' is easier isn't it.

I'm not defending the man. I'm saying that he would have had to have been very very good to have taken on O'Neils reigns. That squad was full of big personalities at the time. He tried to change things, but failed.

Its not sour grapes regarding Walshy not managing Leiceste, he hates him for what he did to LCFC and the way he treated him personally, and the way Taylor treated the rest of the established MON team.

Take the tinted specs off. Unless I'm mistaken (and apologies if so), Walsh had made it clear, I think,that he wanted to be involved with the club as part of some managerial team. But had been overlooked or so it seems. 

You're ranting too.

It's too easy to simply call Taylor a cvnt. Try to look at his failure in some context. If you simply dismiss the fact that many of the players, including Walsh, never got over MON leaving (I don't think Walsh has still now!) then you'll never know the bigger picture. I ask you again. Did you disagree with his appointment at the time? Very few did. I fear however, that trying to have a conversation with you on this is futile. 'Taylor's a cvnt who should be hung' is easier isn't it.

I'm not defending the man. I'm saying that he would have had to have been very very good to have taken on O'Neils reigns. That squad was full of big personalities at the time. He tried to change things, but failed.

Sometimes you should just face facts, instead of attempting to make rational conclusions regarding a bloke who is one horrible useless arrogant conman, and accept that sometimes a cvnt is a cvnt.  l will have anger towards this man 'till the day l die, and l really really can't see how any Leicester fan doesn't feel the same. i will spit in his face if l ever come into contact with him.

"tried and failed" if thats the extent of how you feel about his tenure then we have nothing in common.

Sometimes you should just face facts, instead of attempting to make rational conclusions regarding a bloke who is one horrible useless arrogant conman, and accept that sometimes a cvnt is a cvnt. l will have anger towards this man 'till the day l die, and l really really can't see how any Leicester fan doesn't feel the same. i will spit in his face if l ever come into contact with him.

"tried and failed" if thats the extent of how you feel about his tenure then we have nothing in common.

I rest my case. I have only anger for Taylor. But if you don't put his abject failure into some sort of context then there's no point discussing it. Live with the hate if you so wish.

:thumbup:

Take the tinted specs off. Walsh has long made it clear he wanted to be involved with the club as part of some managerial team. But has been constantly overlooked or so it seems. Wasn't 'the way that Taylor treated him personally' simply dropping Walsh? Well I guess he weren't gonna be pleased about that was he.

I love Steve Walsh, the player. Always have. But he rants. And always has

As far as l know he only applied once, and why not ?  He was shat on by Taylor.

I rest my case. I have only anger for Taylor. But if you don't put his abject failure into some sort of context then there's no point discussing it. Live with the hate if you so wish.

:thumbup:

l feel sorry for you (l think) -  Those who know what being a Leicester fan is, know, those who don't, don't matter.

Have to agree about the con man comment.

Was looking at his wiki page and has held so many posts for less then a year, with each club getting progressively worse. Why would you even bother considering him if you were a chairman

l feel sorry for you (l think) - Those who know what being a Leicester fan is, know, those who don't, don't matter.

I've been a City fan for years. I'm also interested in the history of the club, especially in the managers we have had, what's worked and why, what's failed and why. Etc.

Just because 'I ain't just gunna call a fella a cvnt' don't mean I don't love my club. It means I want to discuss, not just rant.

Have to agree about the con man comment.

Was looking at his wiki page and has held so many posts for less then a year, with each club getting progressively worse. Why would you even bother considering him if you were a chairman

As I said. Taylor wasn't the Chairman's (John Elsom?) first choice, Redknapp apparently was.. He turned us down cos 'he didn't want to make the drive up the M1 every day' and wasn't prepared to move his family.

And back then, Taylor had the reputation for being a superb young English manager.

Con man? Well I guess it was us that approached him, not vice-verca.

It's fascinating to see how so many people still hold Sven in some sort of regard. For me, the Swede being the epitome of a 'con-man', and kinda accept him and forgive him, when Taylor is looked upon completely differently. With a real animosity and hatred that continues now. Personally, ridiculous though it may sound, I think Taylor had a more difficult job to do than Sven. O'Neill was so successful that the only way Taylor could go really was down. He was just not good enough to emulate O'Neills achievements. But Sven had a real chance to progress the club.. The only way he could take us was up. And, despite a good start (like Taylor), failed miserably in this.

As I said. Taylor wasn't the Chairman's (John Elsom?) first choice, Redknapp apparently was.. He turned us down cos 'he didn't want to make the drive up the M1 every day' and wasn't prepared to move his family.

And back then, Taylor had the reputation for being a superb young English manager.

Con man? Well I guess it was us that approached him, not vice-verca.

It's fascinating to see how so many people still hold Sven in some sort of regard. For me, the Swede being the epitome of a 'con-man', and kinda accept him and forgive him, when Taylor is looked upon completely differently. With a real animosity and hatred that continues now. Personally, ridiculous though it may sound, I think Taylor had a more difficult job to do than Sven. O'Neill was so successful that the only way Taylor could go really was down. He was just not good enough to emulate O'Neills achievements. But Sven had a real chance to progress the club.. The only way he could take us was up. And, despite a good start (like Taylor), failed miserably in this.

Stop digging, you're already in a hole.

I certainly thought he was the wrong choice. He was a bad choice and if you looked at it not even closely you could see he should not have been a serious contender.

The simple reason being that his only success was to take Gillingham up through the play offs. But, and this is the very big but, he was only there one season and the season previously Tony Pulis had built that Gillingham team and taken them to the play offs the previous season.

So Pulis had done the work, Taylor took the credit but had only had the one season of success.

I recall talking to an ex LCFC manager about it and when we discussed this, he raised this same point before I was about to.

I am normally moderate with my thoughts, but not with him.

I can't recall the exact figures, but Muzzy went in looking for a rise as he heard that others knocked on his door and got one. Think he was on 6k a week and thought he might get another 2k by knocking on the door, He said something like, sorry Muzz, the best it can do for you is16k per week. Unbelievable.

Complete and utter rubbish. Trevor Benjamin - how could he see something that clearly wasn't there?

Akinbiyi - there wasn't anything there either and never was - before or after.

He was abysmal - training was an absolute joke, the ex players often say that at functions.

No excuses for him, out of his depth, living off getting a go at the U21's and you only do well there dependent on the players available, which at the time were decent.

Extremely poor manager, his record proves that, and he should have never got the gig in the first place. You only had to look and do a bit of research at the time to see that this appointment could go horribly wrong.

Going in after ONeil would have been difficult, but there are ways of doing it. Wallace was a big character, yet Milne did well enough straight after and did not destroy us.

No excuses for him. Not one. Bad appointment, bad manager

I certainly thought he was the wrong choice. He was a bad choice and if you looked at it not even closely you could see he should not have been a serious contender.

The simple reason being that his only success was to take Gillingham up through the play offs. But, and this is the very big but, he was only there one season and the season previously Tony Pulis had built that Gillingham team and taken them to the play offs the previous season.

So Pulis had done the work, Taylor took the credit but had only had the one season of success.

I recall talking to an ex LCFC manager about it and when we discussed this, he raised this same point before I was about to.

I can't recall the exact figures, but Muzzy went in looking for a rise as he heard that others knocked on his door and got one. Think he was on 6k a week and thought he might get another 2k by knocking on the door, He said something like, sorry Muzz, the best it can do for you is16k per week. Unbelievable.

Complete and utter rubbish. Trevor Benjamin - how could he see something that clearly wasn't there?

He was abysmal - training was an absolute joke, the ex players often say that at functions.

No excuses for him, out of his depth, living off getting a go at the U21's and you only do well there dependent on the players available, which at the time were decent.

Extremely poor manager, his record proves that, and he should have never got the gig in the first place. You only had to look and do a bit of research at the time to see that this appointment could go horribly wrong.

Going in after ONeil would have been difficult, but there are ways of doing it. Wallace was a big character, yet Milne did well enough straight after and did not destroy us.

Hello Rob, now there's a first, me and you agreeing  ; ))

Not sure about Muzzy's figures though, seem to remember a figure of £31,500 being his wages when he left, l had the inside track on a lot of this back then, as l knew most of the team and boozed with a lot of them regularly. Memory might be out on that figure but it rings a bell.

That's a post worth reading. Cheers for the insight.

Just to play Devil's advocate somewhat, I'd disagree with you on Akinbiyi. If my (failing) memory serves me right, didn't he join us on the back of scoring goals for fun at Wolves? Many at the time actually thought he'd be the perfect replacement for Heskey. Big, strong and powerful. And with an eye for the net.

That proved wrong, of course. But I, for one, recall being quite happy with the signing of Akinbyi at the time.

Again, if I recall correctly, things started going downhill dramatically when we lost Lennon to Celtic (again, at the time, there was no anger displayed at Martin for 'poaching' our best player... It was just accepted by the masses). It demonstrated just what a sensational player Lennon was and how crucial he was to the team.

I thought at the time that Taylor felt the need to stamp his own authority on the team. The problem was, you are quite right, Taylor WAS the wrong appointment. The job he had to do demanded a manager who could quickly assert his authority and gain the respect of the players almost overnight. Taylor was far from being that man.

Walking into a club to replace a manager who had become a LEGEND.. The most successful City manager EVER was always going to be a poisoned chalice unless we appointed exactly the right man for the job. Unfortunately, Taylor was far from being that right man.

In this way, the context of the situation is crucial and helps to explain what came thereafter. Taylor proved to be a wank manager at exactly the time we needed a very very good manager. The two just didn't tally.

It shows just how good we are at scapegoating. Taylor was rubbish.. True... But who at the time (or after) vented their spleen at the bloke(s) who appointed him? Aren't they as culpable?

By and large, though not always, it's the people in real power who get away scot-free in these situations. Managers are there to be shot at. Those who bring them to the club walk between the rain-drops.

Hello Rob, now there's a first, me and you agreeing ; ))

Not sure about Muzzy's figures though, seem to remember a figure of £31,500 being his wages when he left, l had the inside track on a lot of this back then, as l knew most of the team and boozed with a lot of them regularly. Memory might be out on that figure but it rings a bell.

Ah... I guess 'boozing with the players' gives you a greater insight.

Taylor's signings (fill in any blanks or missed players!)

Akinbiyi- £5m (Division 1 Player)

Benjamin- £1.5m (Division 3 Player)

Davidson- £1.75m (Division 1 Player)

Rowett- £3m (Division 1 Player)

Jones- £3.25m (maybe slightly unfair though with the circumstances) (PL Player)

Creswell- £750k (Division 1 Player, but played 20 games in Wednesday's PL relegation season scoring a prolific 1 goal)

Junior Lewis- £150k (Division 1 lol Player)

Sturridge- £350k (PL Player)

Lee Marshall- £600k (Division 1 Player)

Royce- Free (Division 1 Player)

Delaney- £50k (Irish League)

Mancini- LEGEND :thumbup:

Wise- £1.6m (PL Player)

Walker- £2.5m (PL Player)

Scowcroft- £2.5m (PL Player)

Then add the ludicrous wage hikes for the likes of Izzet and Elliott (didn't Savage and Lennon (before he left) get a raise too?)

Look at that list, it makes you want to weep.

Taylor's signings (fill in any blanks or missed players!)

Akinbiyi- £5m (Division 1 Player)

Benjamin- £1.5m (Division 3 Player)

Davidson- £1.75m (Division 1 Player)

Rowett- £3m (Division 1 Player)

Jones- £3.25m (maybe slightly unfair though with the circumstances) (PL Player)

Creswell- £750k (Division 1 Player, but played 20 games in Wednesday's PL relegation season scoring a prolific 1 goal)

Junior Lewis- £150k (Division 1 lol Player)

Sturridge- £350k (PL Player)

Lee Marshall- £600k (Division 1 Player)

Royce- Free (Division 1 Player)

Delaney- £50k (Irish League)

Mancini- LEGEND :thumbup:

Wise- £1.6m (PL Player)

Walker- £2.5m (PL Player)

Scowcroft- £2.5m (PL Player)

Then add the ludicrous wage hikes for the likes of Izzet and Elliott (didn't Savage and Lennon (before he left) get a raise too?)

Look at that list, it makes you want to weep.

Sven has been afforded the luxury of having not wasted fortunes on players. No, no, it wasn't Sven.. People will say.... It was the board who just let them happen.

Doesn't Taylor get afforded the same luxury, or is it one rule for one?

l feel sorry for you (l think) -  Those who know what being a Leicester fan is, know, those who don't, don't matter.

Accusing people who don't agree with you of not being fans. Well done, chap, well done.

That said I've always doubted your own support of the club given your desire to take away the man who's leading us towards success. It's like you want us to fail.

Sven has been afforded the luxury of having not wasted fortunes on players. No, no, it wasn't Sven.. People will say.... It was the board who just let them happen.

Doesn't Taylor get afforded the same luxury, or is it one rule for one?

As shit as Taylor was at least after he spunked everything up the wall we still had a squad that could get out of the 2nd tier.

Same can't be said for Svennis.

Archived