Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
langtonfox

Walshys Rant

Is that a fukcing guess ?  l was not name dropping l have no need to,  l was mentioning where l got a inside track  from.  Why would you come up with a comment like that unless you're a tv vat.  If you doubt what l say, maybe some people who have been around here or BR would confirm that l have posted stuff that l probably shouldn't have regarding the club in the past, but bollox to that, why do l have to prove anything to someone like you , your comment says all thats needed to know about you.

Arrrrggghh!!!!!  No!! The Taylor curse is infecting Foxestalk.

Remember him having a pop at Collymore who wasn't happy being behind Akinbiyi,Benjamin and Creswell in the pecking order. Hell i'd be upset if them three were above me. Just an awful manager, some of those away games we didn't even have an attempt on goal corner or anything.

Col, usually your comments/thoughts are quite good and constructive, but this time you are talking crap.

Not at all. I've said a few times that clearly Taylor was the wrong man for the job. I just wanted to discuss what might have happened and the circumstances that led to our demise. And got some good responses.

However, weighing everything up I agree with the consensus. It seems that Taylor was just fookin hopeless. Particularly his signings.. By and large they were pants.

Taylor was very highly regarded when he took the job with us so it wasn't an outrageous appointment. He was a terrible manager though even when we were top of the league I thought it was more luck than judgement. He should have been sacked at the end of his first season as it was obvious he wasn't up to the job but he wasn't crap just to spite us, he tried his best, he just wasn't good enough.

It was more than 10 years ago, I don't have it in me to hate him anymore. 

MON was always going to be a massively tough act to follow. The team seemed to love him and to play for HIM.

It's easy to call Taylor a cvnt and, fair play, he made some awful fookin signings. But the fact was, ANYONE would have found that job tough to take on and to retain the success O'Neill had.

Taylor, I'm afraid, was nowhere near good enough for the task.

Redknapp might have done a better job, but he turned the chance down.

Col  you Arrys agent? :P

As I said. Taylor wasn't the Chairman's (John Elsom?) first choice, Redknapp apparently was.. He turned us down cos 'he didn't want to make the drive up the M1 every day' and wasn't prepared to move his family.

And back then, Taylor had the reputation for being a superb young English manager.

Con man? Well I guess it was us that approached him, not vice-verca.

It's fascinating to see how so many people still hold Sven in some sort of regard. For me, the Swede being the epitome of a 'con-man', and kinda accept him and forgive him, when Taylor is looked upon completely differently. With a real animosity and hatred that continues now. Personally, ridiculous though it may sound, I think Taylor had a more difficult job to do than Sven. O'Neill was so successful that the only way Taylor could go really was down. He was just not good enough to emulate O'Neills achievements. But Sven had a real chance to progress the club.. The only way he could take us was up. And, despite a good start (like Taylor), failed miserably in this.

Maybe, just maybe LCFC fans have more respect for Sven than tater peeler is because they have compared both mens CV's?

It was more than 10 years ago, I don't have it in me to hate him anymore. 

Same, he did his best, unfortunately it wasn't good enough.

Maybe, just maybe LCFC fans have more respect for Sven than tater peeler is because they have compared both mens CV's?

Strange though, Sven spent more and left us with a worse team. What he did elsewhere should be irrelevant. They both completely fcuked the football club on and off the pitch with terrible buys who came in at great expense.

Same, he did his best, unfortunately it wasn't good enough.

Strange though, Sven spent more and left us with a worse team. What he did elsewhere should be irrelevant. They both completely fcuked the football club on and off the pitch with terrible buys who came in at great expense.

Are you sure about this ?

Is that a fukcing guess ?  l was not name dropping l have no need to,  l was mentioning where l got a inside track  from.  Why would you come up with a comment like that unless you're a tv vat.  If you doubt what l say, maybe some people who have been around here or BR would confirm that l have posted stuff that l probably shouldn't have regarding the club in the past, but bollox to that, why do l have to prove anything to someone like you , your comment says all thats needed to know about you.

Seems I touched a nerve. lol

That's so true.

I remember Holloway interviewed after the final game and he looked completely distraught. He was very apologetic, blaming himself etc, if my memory serves me right.

Taylor didn't appear to give a monkeys.

It's just a shame he didn't take it so seriously until then. Up til that point it was all just laughs, and not nearly as serious as all those tragedies going on around the world yadda yadda yadda.

Sven did cause us issues with regards to overspending etc, but the consequences were nowhere near as bad as the position that Taylor put us in.

So there is no comparison. Taylor left us utterly broken.

because we didn't have a rich sugar daddy who underwrites substantial losses? If the Thai's suddenly pull out, the overspending of the Sven era will certainly come back to bite us - just look at Pompey.

I don't hate Peter Taylor, he was simply a crap manager.

This^^^

People's personal insults are a bit petty tbh. Good guy seriously poor manager in my opinion.

I don't hate Peter Taylor, he was simply a crap manager.

This^^^

People's personal insults are a bit petty tbh. Good guy seriously poor manager in my opinion.

I'll always despise Peter Taylor and I can't see that changing.

Yes, Sven cocked things up pretty badly but we were an average championship team when he got his hands on us and we ended up an average champ team with a load of high paid monkeys lounging around the place. When Taylor got his horrible little hands on us we were flying and had been a top 10 Prem team for the past few years, we ended up with people like Lee Marshall and Junior Lewis playing for us before getting relegated. Taylor was far worse in my opinion. I don't care which of them managed England previously and which managed Grimsby - Taylor was turd.

Peter Taylor did a lot to damage this club, but I don't hate him, (nor Sven or Holloway, life's too short). He had an impossible act to follow, we were massively overacheiving for our size and our players and that was due to MON, nobody could have replaced him, but what we needed was an experienced head not, a promising up and coming manager (I didn't think this at the time, especially as our policy had always been to appoint young up and coming managers, Little, McGhee, O'Neill).

Everyone of MON's squad was actually giving 110%, he had that magic that everyone played out of their skins for him, but that had taken time to build, we tried to compensate for that by giving him a bigger budget, but that was never going to be enough. Taylor was on a hiding to nothing, but that doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes, and make some big ones, his handling of Collymore being one, Akinbiyi, Benjamin, Junior Lewis and Lee Marshall were others, they could have been the new Heskey, Lennon and Izzett, but they had had more time to develop into their roles. Taylor's signings needed to be great from the start and they weren't, we also didn't sign enough experienced prem players. We started the season in a bit of a bubble, but as soon as that popped we dropped like a stone. I don't see it having turned out any different under any other manager. Nobody could have replaced MON and losing Heskey and Lennon was a massive blow, but the same would have happened under Harry, or anyone else, we would have overspent and underacheived compared to the MON years. Possibly not as disastrously as Taylor, but possibly worse who knows, but I'm not going to hate Taylor for failing at an impossible job.

Archived