Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

With the Stoke game hours away...

I personally can't wait for the game to kick off, I've never felt this eager after a 4-1 defeat but my confidence has grown since seeing City on Saturday.

It was againt teams like Stoke last seaon at home that we failed to win when really we should of, now is our chance to get things started at Walkers with a bang. Let's get behind the lads, don't boo or jeer, support them and watch them rip little Stoke to pieces!

The timing of this Stoke game is perfect for us because the whole club has got over the defeat and are now feeling confident after what was a great performance.

Leicester 3-0 Stoke

Connolly 2

de Vries

CRAG LEVEIN'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

I think we will win but it wont be convincing but it will lift spirits. I think it will be a tighter 1-0 but it will be a win and a win is what people look for not how we played. We played Sheff Yoo off the park for long periods and still lost but people wont remember that, only the result.

Come on yoooo bluuuuuuuue boyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!! :unsure:

Note to self:- stop overuse of the word 'but' :doh:

Stoke had an amazing defensive record last season and they have signed a very dangerous player in Kolar this season. I'm concerned about him and Harper on the wings, we struggled to stop Ifill on saturday and these two are as quick and tricky as he was.

It's essential we win and we need to step up a gear and battle like ****. I would be tempted to play wing backs and snuff out their wingers and central midfield. I know we are playing at home, but on both occasions last season their midfielders won the battle and we can't let that happen.

I think if we had Nils, Paddy and Gerrbrand in central defence. Wilcox and Maybury as wing backs and then Williams, Gudjonsson and Sylla in the centre with Momo given licence to roam then we could get some joy and snuff out their main threats. Dave Brammer was class against us last season as was that Russell chap, they need to be stopped.

The one thing I am praying is that the fans don't start moaning about De Vries the first mistake he makes or shot he has that doesn't go in. Please please get behind this guy and give him the confidence to do better!

We was brilliant on saturday. I don't care what anyone says, we played well, and you could tell that the players actually cared for once.

No disrespect to Stoke, but they aren't nowhere near as good as Sheffield United, we should win.

Hey as everyone got their tickets yet?? How easy is it to to buy them tonight before the game or will there be a massive queue?? Normally get mine few days before but sitting next to a stokey!! I normally sit in Alliance n Leicester stand but what do u reckon is best? Cheers guys! COME ON BOYS! 3-1 leicester

I can't wait for the game. We can't really afford to lose as we have Ipswich on saturday, so the boys should put in a good performance today. I've got a feeling the kop will be singing away tonight as well for some reason :S

Im eager to see if we can play the same football as we did on saturday if we do we should win. But im a little worried about Harper on the wing i think he will give us alot of problems and with Sidibie upfront he's going to be a handfull , but i think we'll win 2-1.

Im eager to see if we can play the same football as we did on saturday if we do we should win. But im a little worried about Harper on the wing i think he will give us alot of problems and with Sidibie upfront he's going to be a handfull , but i think we'll win 2-1.

153141[/snapback]

Was going to say we'd right all the wrongs of Saturday and win 4-1 but then I simply couldn't imagine a Levein team actually doing that and continuing to pour forward against an extremely useful Stoke team with points so vital.

In the end I came back to the 1-0 but Levein's team never seem to keep a clean sheet and I am sure Stoke will put Duck Less under severe pressure. At 1-1 with 15 minutes left it becomes a lottery with City worrying about what happened Saturday.

Nervous end but 1-1.

However, if Henderson plays I think well win 2-1.

Was going to say we'd right all the wrongs of Saturday and win 4-1 but then I simply couldn't imagine a Levein team actually doing that and continuing to pour forward against an extremely useful Stoke team with points so vital.

In the end I came back to the 1-0 but Levein's team never seem to keep a clean sheet and I am sure Stoke will put Duck Less under severe pressure. At 1-1 with 15 minutes left it becomes a lottery with City worrying about what happened Saturday.

Nervous end but 1-1.   

However, if Henderson plays I think well win 2-1.

153185[/snapback]

Interesting Thracian. Will he be popping up to score the winner then ;)

Stoke had an amazing defensive record last season and they have signed a very dangerous player in Kolar this season. I'm concerned about him and Harper on the wings, we struggled to stop Ifill on saturday and these two are as quick and tricky as he was.

It's essential we win and we need to step up a gear and battle like ****. I would be tempted to play wing backs and snuff out their wingers and central midfield. I know we are playing at home, but on both occasions last season their midfielders won the battle and we can't let that happen.

I think if we had Nils, Paddy and Gerrbrand in central defence. Wilcox and Maybury as wing backs and then Williams, Gudjonsson and Sylla in the centre with Momo given licence to roam then we could get some joy and snuff out their main threats. Dave Brammer was class against us last season as was that Russell chap, they need to be stopped.

153102[/snapback]

At home, teams should be more worried about us than we are about them. Any deviation from Levein's formation will send out the wrong signals. We have enough to win the game tonight.

Im really looking forward to it. Get to see the new signings and i reckon that we can get a good win from tonights game. I just want to see a few goals and a good performance. And i love night games because of the atmosphere!

The only nervous thing will be me driving on the motorway for the first time to get to Leicester!

Im really looking forward to it. Get to see the new signings and i reckon that we can get a good win from tonights game. I just want to see a few goals and a good performance. And i love night games because of the atmosphere!

The only nervous thing will be me driving on the motorway for the first time to get to Leicester!

153199[/snapback]

I might just leave early then, seeing as I have a wife and kid to support.

:):)

He can for me!!!

I just don't think we'll need the protection racket in the closing stages if he plays.

153212[/snapback]

True although I think if we are ahead going into the last 15 minutes we will be anxious to get the first 3 points of the season under our belts and will inevitibly sit very deep to protect our lead as much as I hate us doing that. :mad:

I'm feeling apprehensive, all truth be told. Part of me says we could and should win this game, but there's a little voice telling me we could also lose.

It's certainly not easy being a City fan!

I'm feeling apprehensive, all truth be told.  Part of me says we could and should win this game, but there's a little voice telling me we could also lose.

It's certainly not easy being a City fan!

153236[/snapback]

Relax. The little voice is probably Alan Ball and he's hardly ever right.

Relax. The little voice is probably Alan Ball and he's hardly ever right.

153261[/snapback]

It can't be, he's barely audible to humans!

Archived