Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ipswich match thread

Well first time I have listened to a City Match and chatted online at the same time - wish I was at the WS though, no offence intended to all here...

BTW, Love the 'Make Coventry History' sig - perhaps we should have some bracelets made up?

Well first time I have listened to a City Match and chatted online at the same time - wish I was at the WS though, no offence intended to all here...

BTW, Love the 'Make Coventry History' sig - perhaps we should have some bracelets made up?

156167[/snapback]

Thanks, and welcome to the site. ;):)

There's no substitute for being there, I agree. At least these days, there's t'internet for us foxiles... :thumbup:

Totally out played Ipswich today. I'm not sure whether this was just one of those games where we don't score or a sign of what we thought would happen pre season - which was how are we going to score?

Entertaining game though.

I think we still need a striker to partner Connolly who is going to score 10+ goals if we're to push for the top 6. Will we get one in by the end of August? I don't think so, i think Craig's finished until January now. But still, the football we're playing is very encouraging and i'm feeling excited going down to watch them again, that was lost last season :D

Mickys new team of misfits Coventry lost 4-0 to Burnley, ahahahaaaa I LOVE IT :D

I thought we played very well today and barely put a foot wrong, we were just very unlucky not to win.

We played some good stuff and looked keen to get forward, however our set pieces and crossing let us down.

I don't think one player let us down to today and a point against Ipswhich can't be bad.

I don't think one player let us down to today and a point against Ipswhich can't be bad.

156362[/snapback]

Well Sylla maybe didn't look fully fit. But apart from that, the players as individuals were OK.

But Ipswich looked a pale shadow of the force they were last season. We should really have seen them off.

However this was the type of game we might have lost last season, so well done at least to the defence for keeping a clean sheet! :)

Just some quick thoughts. Drop Tiatto, bring back Wilcox (yes I did just say that :blink: ). Dublin didn't look that good when he came on. Sylla shouldn't have played, he was clearly not fit enough. Williams played very, very well. Gudjonsson and McCarthy played blinders and I like Johansson's cool head at the back. I thought we'd never manage a clean sheet this season with Rab in goal but somehow we managed it, so well done.

Could someone clarify for me, as I only heard part of CL's post match interview on RL, did he say that Kisnorbo would go straight into the starting 11 for Crewe? If so I think that would not only be harsh on Joey, but extremely unfair.

Could someone clarify for me, as I only heard part of CL's post match interview on RL, did he say that Kisnorbo would go straight into the starting 11 for Crewe? If so I think that would not only be harsh on Joey, but extremely unfair.

156430[/snapback]

No, he said he didn't expect him to go straight into the first 11. Mentioned that he was going to have to play a few games for the reserves to build up his match fitness.

No, he said he didn't expect him to go straight into the first 11. Mentioned that he was going to have to play a few games for the reserves to build up his match fitness.

156435[/snapback]

Archived