Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Forget Pearson,

Thinking back to times gone past, who's the better keeper- Conrad Logan or Theo Zagorakis? lol

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/sep/15/match.worthingtoncup

Brings back some memories reading that.

The most comical goalkeeping moment must go down to the Pressman incident though, closely followed by Walker rushing out of his area and handling the ball. Can remember these as if they happened yesterday. lol

He is a really decent bloke. People have a go at him for being here 13 plus years, does this mean everyone who works for the same firm for that period of time lacks ambition?

You may have missed the point.

No one is knocking his loyalty.

The fact he has sat on the bench for 13 yrs when he could have got a game elsewhere is what people are knocking him for.

Lack of ambition he could have won leagues at a lower level but hes been happy to warm a bench.

If you had his out put in any company you would not last 13yrs.

You may have missed the point.

No one is knocking his loyalty.

The fact he has sat on the bench for 13 yrs when he could have got a game elsewhere is what people are knocking him for.

Lack of ambition he could have won leagues at a lower level but hes been happy to warm a bench.

If you had his out put in any company you would not last 13yrs.

8 years since he was selected for the first team squad, not 13.

Someone has to sit on the bench and he's done so for a lot of that time without compaint, rather than have the club bring in a succession of second string keepers who then get frustrated and leave. He's helped Mike Stowell take pre-match training for a number of years and seems to be popular among the rest of the players. It's unfair to have a go at him just because he doesn't play.

Its been great for us, a settled reserve keeper who's not causing issues by insisting he should be playing. 

Not sure what it says about him though. I know for a fact he's had numerous offers to go and play 1st team football elsewhere. Obviously happy just collecting he's wages and having a kick-about most week days. 

One thing is for sure though, we need a better reserve keeper next season.

Lacking ambition or playing for a club he wants to?

As he has said, he is settled here with his family.....so why change it??

I actually give him a lot of credit. He knows he isn't good enough to join a side which would pay him the same wage as we do, so clearly an intelligent bloke.

Actually met him once, meridian cinema watching the inbetweeners movie, I did shout during the film 'Ey up, look over there, it's conrad logan'.....to which the reply from other members of the audience was 'shut the F**k up' and more suitably followed up by 'Who the F**k is Conrad Logan?' That made me smile  :D

Remember seeing Jeff Bruma that night aswell near the clock tower, some of my mates recognised him, although not the chelsea fan amongst us  :rolleyes:

Thinking back to times gone past, who's the better keeper- Conrad Logan or Theo Zagorakis? lol

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/sep/15/match.worthingtoncup

Brings back some memories reading that.

The most comical goalkeeping moment must go down to the Pressman incident though, closely followed by Walker rushing out of his area and handling the ball. Can remember these as if they happened yesterday. lol

I remember the Pressman goal so well. It was the day we actually moved to France. we'd driven down from London, and we were having dinner with some friends as a "welcome to France" meal. Sky Sports was on in the background with the sound turned down, and they were showing highlights. Everyone was chatting about this and that, and I saw City v Preston come up. When Pressman did that half-hearted jump and fell over backwards, I said "Fuuurrrkk me" in what I thought was a quiet voice. But, of course, everyone heard me. They still talk about it.

Archived