Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller

The When You're Smiling campaign for the Doncaster after match playlist

Those that know the words need to keep singing over and over, it'll get there. The "our boys in blue" Melbourne Victory/Ajax chant started from a post in New Songs and Chants just a couple of years ago from somebody down under and now several hundred if not thousands know the words and we get a decent version sung.

Have to sing it slower,this has been said time and time again.Don't chant it either it don't work, we must sing it.I got this going in SK1 and it worked a treat a few weeks ago,then the next game it went back to 100 mph.

As for the Melbourne chant,we don't even sing that right,but I know where your coming from.

Have to sing it slower,this has been said time and time again.Don't chant it either it don't work, we must sing it.I got this going in SK1 and it worked a treat a few weeks ago,then the next game it went back to 100 mph.

As for the Melbourne chant,we don't even sing that right,but I know where your coming from.

100% agree, are you in Sk1 much? I'm there again for Donny and moving my ST for next season.

Real shame the duh duh duh bit throws so many people and they go quiet, again, they just don't know it so those that do make sure you keep going and others will join in once they've sussed it

100% agree, are you in Sk1 much? I'm there again for Donny and moving my ST for next season.

Real shame the duh duh duh bit throws so many people and they go quiet, again, they just don't know it so those that do make sure you keep going and others will join in once they've sussed it

Yep all the time now,its a laugh.Can't wait for Saturday.

A stadium of fans singing WYS at a pace we can all sing would be fantastic. It's ours but we seem to be embarrassed, let's embrace it and make it our anthem like Liverpool do with YNWA.

Has been sung at a decent pace at Bolton, Reading and SK1 recently.

No coincidence more people joined in with it at those two aways. Still get a lot of youngsters who just ignore before trying to go back into fvcking We Love you though.

Has been sung at a decent pace at Bolton, Reading and SK1 recently.

No coincidence more people joined in with it at those two aways. Still get a lot of youngsters who just ignore before trying to go back into fvcking We Love you though.

Was good around me yesterday as well, even got me jazz hands out because it was a good pace (and I was shit faced I guess)

I've got faith in the young 'uns, it'll take time but a bit of underdog mentality next season and they'll realise what the song is about and why it's perfect for the City anthem  

WHEN YOU'RE SMILING LYRICS from the Frank Sinatra version

The hand bit at the end is how I remember it from years ago. You really do need to sing it slow though ( like an old 1950's crooner), to be able to fit it all in.

When you're smiling

When you're smiling

The whole world smiles with you

When you're laughing

When you're laughing

That sun comes shining through

But when you're crying

You bring on the rain

So stop your sighing

Be happy again

Keep on smiling

Cause when you're smiling

NA NAA NA NA NA ( hands shaking in the air)

NA NAA NA NA NA ( hands shaking in the air)

The whole (hands up then down)

world (hands up then down)

Smiles (hands up then down)

With (hands up then down)

Yooouuuuu (Jazz hands as you sing yooouuuu).

Need the Sinatra version to do this properly, (Kersey Budd's version just does not work) but remember he sings through it twice, so at the end of the second run through of the lyrics is when we would do our 'Jazz Hands' bit.

Was good around me yesterday as well, even got me jazz hands out because it was a good pace (and I was shit faced I guess)

I've got faith in the young 'uns, it'll take time but a bit of underdog mentality next season and they'll realise what the song is about and why it's perfect for the City anthem  

Hope so. Need to get teenage lads away from trying to copy every song they see on youtube and on to singing our songs with pride!

Those that know the words need to keep singing over and over, it'll get there. The "our boys in blue" Melbourne Victory/Ajax chant started from a post in New Songs and Chants just a couple of years ago from somebody down under and now several hundred if not thousands know the words and we get a decent version sung.

Unfortuantely a lot of fans still don't know all the words to "our boys in blue"

"The terraces, a song for you"

Sung by Jamie Afro in dubstep reggae style while Asian Elephants deliver the matchball and crap in our penalty area.

Said crap will then cause a surreal deflection akin to the Liverpool beach ball incident, leading to Doncaster scoring the first ever officially-dedicated elephant crap goal.

This will be followed by Wasyl biting the ball in frustration and puncturing it. Schmeichel will be so pissed off that he kicks the crap, and the ref decides to play on.

lol  :chant:  lol  :chant:  lol  :chant:  lol  :chant:  lol

Archived