Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller

The When You're Smiling campaign for the Doncaster after match playlist

I am starting a campaign to have when you're smiling as the first song played at the end with the words on the screens for younger and new fans to follow. It would be like Liverpool with you'll never walk alone-a really iconic song that Leicester own and will unite young and old.

If you agree add your support and hopefully the press and radio will notice and we can have a say in our own celebrations.

You'll be hearing it beforehand LIVE

Sung by Jamie Afro in dubstep reggae style while Asian Elephants deliver the matchball and crap in our penalty area.

Said crap will then cause a surreal deflection akin to the Liverpool beach ball incident, leading to Doncaster scoring the first ever officially-dedicated elephant crap goal.

This will be followed by Wasyl biting the ball in frustration and puncturing it. Schmeichel will be so pissed off that he kicks the crap, and the ref decides to play on.

Thus, a new sport is born in which a hardened lump of elephant crap is the ball.

All because of Jamie Afro.

When you're smilin... :trumpet:

You won't hear a fan led When you're smiling until we decide what version/tune we want to follow. Otherwise it's just a shouted poem at fast pace.

We should also clap at half pace, that would work.

So that means Jersey Crudd is there then.

So a campaign to stop Jersey Crudd singing his crappy version of it would be the first step.

I'm in.

Would prefer the Sinatra version pre match 

Why do people get so offended by Jersey Budd's version though? It's quite inoffensive, not my cup of tea but don't mind it myself. His heart was in the right place and this constant slagging of him seems a bit unnecessary to me.

Why do people get so offended by Jersey Budd's version though? It's quite inoffensive, not my cup of tea but don't mind it myself. His heart was in the right place and this constant slagging of him seems a bit unnecessary to me.

I don't understand it myself to tell you the truth and it was sung around the ground by fans something that the current version doesn't achieve. I think even if they did play this the supporters will adapt it and at least it may slow it down a bit.

Can they afford the royalties  :P

It's why they're holding out on the season ticket prices, if we want it, we'll have to pay for it. lol

Would be good if our fans knew the words, ... It always goes quiet on CRYING,... And SIGHING,

I'm optimistic we'll get there, being sung more and more home and away. Need to chant it more during the game to help others learn the words as well as playing it as a pre match PA song

I agree with you. I don't understand the dislike of the Jersey Budd version. S'ok. I reckon it's a great idea to have the words up large on the screens and perhaps a video of the shakey hand movements we used to do in the Filbo Kop, la la, la la la (only joking about the last bit!).

Perhaps we should have the words written up as a sticky at the top.

THE. WHOLE. WORLD. SMILES. WITH. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU....... A LEICESTER, clap clap clap

I agree with you. I don't understand the dislike of the Jersey Budd version. S'ok. I reckon it's a great idea to have the words up large on the screens and perhaps a video of the shakey hand movements we used to do in the Filbo Kop, la la, la la la (only joking about the last bit!).

Perhaps we should have the words written up as a sticky at the top.

THE. WHOLE. WORLD. SMILES. WITH. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU....... A LEICESTER, clap clap clap

One step at a time, learn the words first, then the jazz hands  lol (Can't wait for the youtube postings of 30000 Leicester fans next season doing jazz hands to WYS, ooooh the cringe merchants will be in meltdown :P )

We need to keep the posts on this going otherwise the club will think we don't care

We do care and it would be better than hey Jude, as we are the only club that sings it, but do the club care, it's time they listen to what fans want, and not what the clubs match day entertainment dept want.

That's cause we totally screw that part up.

Those that know the words need to keep singing over and over, it'll get there. The "our boys in blue" Melbourne Victory/Ajax chant started from a post in New Songs and Chants just a couple of years ago from somebody down under and now several hundred if not thousands know the words and we get a decent version sung.

Someone who knows how:

- Create a poll with all the different versions of 'When You're Smiling'

- Add the videos to the thread so we can all watch/listen and vote

- When we have a clear winner, create an online petition and hand it to the club.

I don't see why they would oppose it, would be better to have this before games imo. I would start it but for a reason that still has not been explained, I am unable to create posts..

Archived