Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Nigel Pearson

After yesterdays behaviour by the selfish moronic pitch invaders, he may leap at the chance of changing to a more fashionable club, if the offer comes along. He must still be fuming, after that insulting farce.

I know, we are like the only club ever to have a pitch invasion.

I mean, come on, it's like proper disgraceful.

I don't think it'll ever happen to us but I do always look at Man City in hope and look how quickly they have evolved, obviously they have been heavily invested in.

It was only 15(?) years since Man City won Division 2 (League One) and only 12(?) years since Man City won Division 1 (Championship), they have stayed there ever since.

I am not for one second saying we will do a Man City, I don't think we will, but it really is quite amazing that they were in League One 15 years ago and since have won the Premiership.

Would never have happened without the ridiculous amount of investment they've fortunately had. Had they not had all this I think they'd just be a top ten premier league team.

I see no reason why we can't establish ourselves under Pearson's leadership. He tends to spend well, has built up a team with a great spirit and encourages good football. 

Is it really unthinkable that we could qualify for Europe in a couple of years? Swansea and Hull have both achieved this using a similar spending policy to the one we're likely to employ after all......

If NP can keep us in the PL for the 1st 3 years, see some stabiltity and consolidation, if NP can make a name for himself

with us,guiding city to a regular top 12 spot and a couple of top 7 over 5 years, with the odd cup run.I would be more than happy.

That doesnt mean, I wont dream or believe of cup wins, even a European spot,from league position.

Important is to try and create our own admired style, and not over spend, maybe clip down the first team squad, but keep

our quality youth system, today for extras one can be clever and use the loan system for back up with odd appearances.

If we want to keep NP, that means hes doing a top job.So lets hope the longing stays awhile.

Archived