Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Doncaster Post Match 1-0!

There might not have been any harm but just think how scary it was for the players young children seeing thousands of people run towards them.

You only need to read a few players/ partners comments on twitter to see how they felt about it. Shame for a lot of people in the stadium that missed the opportunity of seeing the players parade around the pitch with the trophy.

That's fair enough and don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was right to run on at the time they did, but people claiming they were in danger are wrong. Those who ran on aren't going to start attacking our own players. It would only have been positive air between the lot of them.

I think whoever's attacked a steward is a **** though and I'd have no qualms at all if they were banned.

That's fair enough and don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was right to run on at the time they did, but people claiming they were in danger are wrong. Those who ran on aren't going to start attacking our own players. It would only have been positive air between the lot of them.

I think whoever's attacked a steward is a **** though and I'd have no qualms at all if they were banned.

Not sure if the one who was allegedly attacked is the one who was down in front of the kop, but he definitely was not attacked. He took it upon himself to try and tackle an onrushing pitch-invader and collapsed almost straight away. I thought it was a heart-attack at first tbh, and the guy who he was trying to tackle stopped and got medical help for him. Did see a few people in high-viz guy being a bit too heavy-handed with the fans though, most of them aren't briefed to use any physical contact at all.

I think all the screenshots so far point to a dive. If it happened against us we'd all be saying it was a dive, screaming about how we always get sh*t refs etc. 

Have you ever played football?

When you're running into the box at speed and your leading foot gets caught, you're going to fall over. It does not mean that he dived.

Not sure if the one who was allegedly attacked is the one who was down in front of the kop, but he definitely was not attacked. He took it upon himself to try and tackle an onrushing pitch-invader and collapsed almost straight away. I thought it was a heart-attack at first tbh, and the guy who he was trying to tackle stopped and got medical help for him. Did see a few people in high-viz guy being a bit too heavy-handed with the fans though, most of them aren't briefed to use any physical contact at all.

I don't think the stewards were prepared yesterday, just before the final whistle three stewards sat on the bottom of the steps once they were there no one could get near the pitch! But for some reason a few seconds after the whistle they moved behind advertising boards! why!? Doing that encouraged them to get closer to the pitch!

Well without trying to sound a nob, should people who are clearly out of their depth in those kinds of situations be stewarding? Especially if they're expecting a pitch invasion. I wish him a speedy recovery but my point stands.

I was in G1, the steward was treated on pitch then went away for a while but he came back onto pitch before players came round to us.

Well without trying to sound a nob, should people who are clearly out of their depth in those kinds of situations be stewarding? Especially if they're expecting a pitch invasion. I wish him a speedy recovery but my point stands.

I didn't disagree with you at all mate? Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was making a similar point to you, and made precisely the same point in another thread. I was saying that it didn't look to me like anybody got attacked and that the reason why the steward was down was because of his unsuitability in that role.

But that is assuming he was briefed to physically intervene at all. Lots of them take it upon themselves to get physically involved when that isn't part of their remit, they just do it because they have a high viz on or, to be fair to them, because they think they're expected if they are pressured to do so "off the books" by the employer. That does happen because a lot of employers was SIA work at steward wages, especially as it'll mostly be agency staff which cost an arm and a leg.

In a situation where there is a huge crowd running on it is daft for anybody, badgeholder or not, to start tackling people indiscriminately just for being there. But, as you rightly said, if the brief was to tackle onrushing fans, it should not have been given to somebody who could hardly walk without collapsing.

I didn't disagree with you at all mate? Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was making a similar point to you, and made precisely the same point in another thread. I was saying that it didn't look to me like anybody got attacked and that the reason why the steward was down was because of his unsuitability in that role.

But that is assuming he was briefed to physically intervene at all. Lots of them take it upon themselves to get physically involved when that isn't part of their remit, they just do it because they have a high viz on or, to be fair to them, because they think they're expected if they are pressured to do so "off the books" by the employer. That does happen because a lot of employers was SIA work at steward wages, especially as it'll mostly be agency staff which charge an arm and a leg.

In a situation where there is a huge crowd running on it is daft for anybody, badgeholder or not, to start tackling people indiscriminately just for being there. But, as you rightly said, if the brief was to tackle onrushing fans, it should not have been given to somebody who could hardly walk without collapsing.

Sorry at the tone I replied in as it's made you think I was disagreeing with you - I wasn't.

Shows what I know really. I never knew that it wasn't part of their remit to not physically intervene lol

The organisation was poor from the off. Certain fans have made poor decisions and so have the club too.

In my opinion - if Leicester had said we'll do the presentation and then the lap of honour, then anyone can go on, then you'd have avoided all trouble at all. OK, it would be a bit pre-planned, but you'd have avoided any of this 'us v them' and no-one in my opinion could've complained.

I'll agree fully that some fans have ran on at poor times and I could see why young kids would be scared (though I think with time they'd have enjoyed it, what kid doesn't like being the centre of attention?) but the horrendous 'all football fans are violent criminals' generalisations have been at an all time high amongst our fans in the last couple of days and it's sad really.

IMO it was wrong for people to run on until after the lap of honour. Especially when players were carrying little kids, they could of hurt themor dropped them if barged into. Saw kasper run whole width of the pitch with the trophy in one hand and his baby in the other. Not ideal

Very selfish from some of our fans but not surprised. Some fans probably went yesterday for the sole purpose of getting on the pitch, it's cringe. Some chav I saw walked off with part of the electronic ad boards as a souvenir... That'll look good in the kitchen.

You will always get dick head fans at every club, some blokes got dogs abuse in SK1 as they were walking off the pitch which suggests the majority agree with my point

IMO it was wrong for people to run on until after the lap of honour. Especially when players were carrying little kids, they could of hurt themor dropped them if barged into. Saw kasper run whole width of the pitch with the trophy in one hand and his baby in the other. Not ideal

Very selfish from some of our fans but not surprised. Some fans probably went yesterday for the sole purpose of getting on the pitch, it's cringe. Some chav I saw walked off with part of the electronic ad boards as a souvenir... That'll look good in the kitchen.

You will always get dick head fans at every club, some blokes got dogs abuse in SK1 as they were walking off the pitch which suggests the majority agree with my point

Won't be surprised if that fan as already posted a picture on twitter or something of that board! idiots! It was all about patients aswell! they probably would let us on after the players did there lap of honour anyway.

I'm not justifying either of the first two pitch invasions, but given the track record of our club, it being "obvious" that they'd let people on the pitch afterwards is absolute bollocks.

Thought that when I read it. If it was that obvious then I think people would've actually waited.

Can you blame anyone for wanting to get on? Seeing as we had our actual moment deprived of us by $ky.

Some people in L1 reckon the stewards were letting them on the second time (I must admit I had a feeling they were gonna run on during the lap of honour so was watching it) and I didn't see much effort to refrain them. Can anyone confirm either way?

Some people in L1 reckon the stewards were letting them on the second time (I must admit I had a feeling they were gonna run on during the lap of honour so was watching it) and I didn't see much effort to refrain them. Can anyone confirm either way?

I was in the family stand and have a video of the outbreak. I haven't previously looked at this but will do so to confirm. I'll consider posting in here but out-of-context screenshots will be taken and incorrect judgements will be made - like in the Mahrez situation. 

My two cents on that - the Doncaster player's response tells you everything you need to know. You can probably make a case for it being outside the box - just! However, you can make a case for us having a penalty for handball and a header that crossed the line.

Totally agree.

But at least they got what they wanted, the chance to run on a bit of grass. Fvck everyone else who wanted to see the players do a lap of honour and people show the players and the owners some appreciation. At least they got to run on and spoil it for people.

Archived