Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Doncaster Post Match 1-0!

Let's try this again...

Decide for yourselves:

mp1_zps05f38d70.png

mp2_zps9463173a.png

mp3_zps9faa9126.png

mp4_zps9bc4e062.png

I think all the screenshots so far point to a dive. If it happened against us we'd all be saying it was a dive, screaming about how we always get sh*t refs etc. 

Are you for real? They clearly show Husband catching his foot. When you are running forwards and someone trips/catches/stands on your foot, you are going to fall over. If it happened against us, I'd be saying the guy making the challenge was a prat for even attempting to tackle like that.

Massive, massive over-reaction to the pitch invaders.

We aren't ****ing Galatasaray. Jesus Christ did people expect everyone to start attacking them?

I agree waiting until the kids had gone would've been better but there was surely no harm in that.

It made up for missing Huddersfield. Good stuff.

The fact that a quarter of the ground didn't get to see the trophy paraded is what has pissed people off more.

But you had your fun so it doesn't matter right?

Massive, massive over-reaction to the pitch invaders.

We aren't ****ing Galatasaray. Jesus Christ did people expect everyone to start attacking them?

I agree waiting until the kids had gone would've been better but there was surely no harm in that.

It made up for missing Huddersfield. Good stuff.

There might not have been any harm but just think how scary it was for the players young children seeing thousands of people run towards them.

You only need to read a few players/ partners comments on twitter to see how they felt about it. Shame for a lot of people in the stadium that missed the opportunity of seeing the players parade around the pitch with the trophy.

Are you for real? They clearly show Husband catching his foot. When you are running forwards and someone trips/catches/stands on your foot, you are going to fall over. If it happened against us, I'd be saying the guy making the challenge was a prat for even attempting to tackle like that.

"Contact" != "foul". The "contact" is not even conclusive from the images, but if the contact does happen on his right foot as people are saying, then that cannot be what made his left knee buckle. He takes another clear step after his foot is allegedly caught and he is still fully upright. If there was any contact, it did not make him fall over at all. Come on mate I know he's a Leicester player but the screenshots point to a dive, I think the four I uploaded with annotations show it as do the ones from Carl the Llama above, especially number 5:

Let's try this again...

Decide for yourselves:

mp5_zps51af2e14.png

I don't think it is conclusive that there was contact at all but, even if it's granted that there was, it's still a dive. He's unaffected by the contact if there was any.

The fact that a quarter of the ground didn't get to see the trophy paraded is what has pissed people off more.

However that 1/4 of the ground I assume could see the presentation ceremony. I was in G1 and could just about see what was happening by watching big screen. Then there were so many "extras" going round on the players lap of honour you could hardly see the players.

However that 1/4 of the ground I assume could see the presentation ceremony. I was in G1 and could just about see what was happening by watching big screen. Then there were so many "extras" going round on the players lap of honour you could hardly see the players.

You could barely make anything out in P3 through he cloud of confetti.

Anyway because you couldn't pick out players in the lap of honour that means no one else gets the chance to?

I've no problem with a pitch invasion at all. Just incredibly disappointed I've seen nothing of the celebrations.

After patiently waiting for the players to come round to our section and not even getting the chance to see that because of the selfish, entitled attitude of some of our fans.

When everyone entered...the trophy was still near the Kop with Schmeichel.

The whole presentation was a dog's dinner IMO; quickly fell flat with no backing music either.

That's not excusing the first invasion yesterday which was daft and unfair to everyone.

Guest ttfn

It looks like a foul but possibly just outside the penalty area for me. The fact that he keeps moving forward is that he's already in the process of going to plant his left leg when his right is taken from under him. Obviously his right leg is then not going to come down where he wants it to, having been caught, and he falls over.

Looks a fraction before the line to me though.

It looks like a foul but possibly just outside the penalty area for me. The fact that he keeps moving forward is that he's already in the process of going to plant his left leg when his right is taken from under him. Obviously his right leg is then not going to come down where he wants it to, having been caught, and he falls over.

Looks a fraction before the line to me though.

You can see him taking another stride with his right foot behind his arse and his left foot planted, unaffected by whatever contact there might have been, if there was any at all. What part of that process would cause your left knee to buckle? Haven't heard one person explain this yet; most people just keep saying "clear penalty" as if all the logic can be found in the assertion itself. Look at the video and the screenshots, nothing was "taken from under him", you can clearly see he was able to take another perfectly normal stride and was in precisely the position after the tackle that you would expect somebody who was not fouled to be in - fully upright, left leg planted, right foot behind his arse.

Guest ttfn

You can see him taking another stride with his right foot behind his arse and his left foot planted, unaffected by whatever contact there might have been, if there was any at all. What part of that process would cause your left knee to buckle? Haven't heard one person explain this yet; most people just keep saying "clear penalty" as if all the logic can be found in the assertion itself. Look at the video and the screenshots, nothing was "taken from under him", you can clearly see he was able to take another perfectly normal stride and was in precisely the position after the tackle that you would expect somebody who was not fouled to be in - fully upright, left leg planted, right foot behind his arse.

Yeah and he couldn't get his right foot down because it had been kicked away. The normal stride he was taking with his left foot was already in motion when he was fouled. He's able to get his left foot down and his right (the one that has been kicked) is somewhat out of his control at this point. The left knee buckles because if you're running and all of a sudden you're right leg isn't able to bear weight your left leg can't support that weight on its own. Even if he hadn't been touched that would be the case.

I have to say I wasn't convinced it was a penalty in real time but it seems a pretty clear foul to me.

Dickov didnt seem to doubt that it was a penalty - here is what he told the Yoorkshire Post at http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/leciester-city-1-doncaster-rovers-0-rovers-relegated-but-dickov-vows-instant-return-1-6596015

Doncaster boss Paul Dickov promised that every effort will be made to win instant promotion back to the Championship.

Dickov said: “Obviously we are gutted and disappointed because it was everyone’s aim this year to keep us in this division.

“It is not all about today though. We can look at the result today and results elsewhere, but it’s over the course of the season.

“And more often than not you probably deserve to be where you are at the end of the season.

“We came up a little bit short but it wasn’t through lack of effort from the players, the club or the fans.

“We gave it everything we had. I thought we were resolute today in what we wanted to do. We knew we had a job to do and tactically for the majority of the game the players did it well.

“But once we gave the penalty away and you hear scores coming from elsewhere you want to try and get attacking players on the pitch. It was difficult when Birmingham equalised as late as they did.

“The one thing I do now is pick myself up, pick the club up and we go again next season.

Penalty because he gave it but over the 90 he had a good shout for handball and Nugent's header looked in. They didn't go down because of yesterday but over 46 games. They can feel very hard done by because of the Charlton abandoned game but not yesterday. A win yesterday would have kept them up instead they played for a draw, Seeing Brum down 2 nil and coming back must also be gutting but yesterday they went down without much of a whimper just like us at Stoke where ne never really took the game to them.

Hopefully though they can keep Dickov and come back stronger next season, also i blame Wellens..

Yeah and he couldn't get his right foot down because it had been kicked away. The normal stride he was taking with his left foot was already in motion when he was fouled. He's able to get his left foot down and his right (the one that has been kicked) is somewhat out of his control at this point. The left knee buckles because if you're running and all of a sudden you're right leg isn't able to bear weight your left leg can't support that weight on its own. Even if he hadn't been touched that would be the case.

I have to say I wasn't convinced it was a penalty in real time but it seems a pretty clear foul to me.

I'll use Carl the Llama's photo again:

mp5_zps51af2e14.png

This directly contradicts what you're saying. How is his right foot out of control? In what way has it been taken from under him? He's clearly upright in precisely the position a running player would be in. The screenshots clearly don't agree with what you are saying. Some people are unwilling to accept that a Leicester player would do this it seems. He goes down very easily and the penalty he won is a prime example of that.

Penalty because he gave it but over the 90 he had a good shout for handball and Nugent's header looked in. They didn't go down because of yesterday but over 46 games. They can feel very hard done by because of the Charlton abandoned game but not yesterday. A win yesterday would have kept them up instead they played for a draw, Seeing Brum down 2 nil and coming back must also be gutting but yesterday they went down without much of a whimper just like us at Stoke where ne never really took the game to them.

Hopefully though they can keep Dickov and come back stronger next season, also i blame Wellens..

lol  lol What?! Has anybody doubted that a penalty was awarded? You must know that the debate about whether or not it is a penalty is one about whether or not it ought to have been awarded, not whether or not it was actually awarded or not?

Guest ttfn

I'll use Carl the Llama's photo again:

This directly contradicts what you're saying. How is his right foot out of control? In what way has it been taken from under him? He's clearly upright in precisely the position a running player would be in. The screenshots clearly don't agree with what you are saying. Some people are unwilling to accept that a Leicester player would do this it seems. He goes down very easily and the penalty he won is a prime example of that.

If he runs like Phoebe out of Friends then, yes, that's exactly how he runs unimpeded, with his right leg crossing over behind his left.

If you think he's been unimpeded then fine. I don't think the evidence suggests that's the case and I think you're making some massive assumptions to argue a point that ultimately doesn't really matter.

How one can look at a still and make a judgement re balance is beyond me. His right foot is caught (just outside fwiw so not a pen) and what happens thereafter is all down to balance. Did he have to fall or could he have attempted to stumble through the loss of balance? Irrelevant as far as i am concerned. A foul and the fact that the defender looks back to see where it took place is just more confirmation.

To those saying it's a matter of balance, I think you're being a bit disingenuous to be honest. When it happens to somebody you have no interest in defending I imagine it's completely different, but now it's one of ours, it's those typical "when you're running at speed" arguments that come out. Why does it take so long for his "balance" to be affected? If there is contact, then his foot is touched, he pulls it away, takes another step, plants his other foot down and brings the one that was apparently caught up, and then his other knee buckles. How would his balance be affected at the point of his left knee? Really don't see how people can be defending it haha, it's clearly a dive. Any other player at any other club does it against us and I expect most people on here would be calling it a dive.

If he runs like Phoebe out of Friends then, yes, that's exactly how he runs unimpeded, with his right leg crossing over behind his left.

If you think he's been unimpeded then fine. I don't think the evidence suggests that's the case and I think you're making some massive assumptions to argue a point that ultimately doesn't really matter.

Wtf? How do YOU run? With both feet on the floor? That's called jumping mate. One foot on the ground, one foot behind your arse. It's not "behind his left", it's clearly in exactly the position you would expect a stable, running person's leg to be. Again, disingenuous, just because it's a Leicester player. He threw himself on the ground in what is commonly known as a dive. Yes, we have players that do that, get used to it.

That's a fair comment but at the same time - without trying to sound a ****, that particular section got to see the lifting of the trophy itself.

Archived