Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Doncaster Post Match 1-0!

Thanks Shaun for the tickets, and Emma, you have our sympathy, Gary must be off his head by now! Great to see you all, what a day. Will live in the memory forever, will we ever see the KP rocking like that again?

I'm giving up the beer next season lol.I might actually remember the games.Great too see you.

One of my memories will as we scored Donny fans heard Bolton had gone 2 up. Never seen the whole stadium inc away fans celebrating just after the home team have scored. Pity their players didn't seem to get messages saying Brum had pulled a goal back!

FLS, what a load of shite!

I honestly think they have spent the last month buckling to the false accusations of bias and trying to brush it under the carpet.

Every season they have the team who is top on first, second place second, so on and so forth. Everybody must have missed that in prior seasons - those lemons must be sour.

Besides, I swear if you totted up the minutes of coverage, the red dogs would have had more over the course of the season. Mainly because of the importance for the teams they were playing, but still.

Pathetic from the BBC but far more pathetic from fans whose moaning caused it. Deary me, what has happened to society?

Just watched the highlights after having been there.  Wasn't sure about the penalty at the time but the replays reveal what a terrible dive that is. I don't want him to make a habit out of that.

lol really? You can clearly see he gets fouled. The first swipe misses him but then the Donny player stands straight onto his foot right before he goes down. People calling him a diver are way off the mark.

lol really? You can clearly see he gets fouled. The first swipe misses him but then the Donny player stands straight onto his foot right before he goes down. People calling him a diver are way off the mark.

Come on, if any player did that against Leicester you would be calling it a dive. It doesn't look like there was any contact to me, but even if there was it wouldn't be of the sort to make him go down like he did. A couple of refs have already lost patience with him going down too easily. I like Mahrez a lot, very talented and technical player, but I do think he goes down far too easily.

Come on, if any player did that against Leicester you would be calling it a dive. It doesn't look like there was any contact to me, but even if there was it wouldn't be of the sort to make him go down like he did. A couple of refs have already lost patience with him going down too easily. I like Mahrez a lot, very talented and technical player, but I do think he goes down far too easily.

If I was running forwards and someone stood down on my foot, I would naturally fall forwards, as mahrez did. Watch the replay closer

You didn't see the replay of the QPR dive then?

I'm only referring to yesterday. Think aswell the reaction of Husband says it all. Immediately looks at the lino, sees the decision and then faceplants the floor without making any protest. Sign of a guilty player.

Poor quality game, we deserved to win but it all felt like a friendly. Real shame Doncaster went down, I hope they come back up next year, and well done to their fans who stayed behind to clap our team :thumbup:

102 points, what a season. Onwards and upwards, although not showing our trophy lifting on the FLS was appalling.

If I was running forwards and someone stood down on my foot, I would naturally fall forwards, as mahrez did. Watch the replay closer

I have watched it closely enough, thank you. I think these screenshots demonstrate my point:

1. The "contact", not that clear from any of the footage but this is probably the one closest to showing it:

Donny_1a.png

2. He takes another step, unperturbed by the "contact":

Donny_1b.png

3. His left foot is planted, he is standing up in a more or less vertical position. The foot that got the "contact" is not trapped, it is behind him as he continues his run

Donny_1c.png

4. He begins to go down, left leg (which received no contact at all) planted and buckling at the knee.

Donny_1d.png

Don't know how you can say that's not a dive tbh. Looks like a dive in real time and even more like a dive when slowed down. If there was any contact, it couldn't have stopped him from running because he's still going afterwards. And he doesn't fall at all in the way you would expect if the "contact" was a causal factor in him going down. Sorry, it's a dive.

Massive, massive over-reaction to the pitch invaders.

We aren't ****ing Galatasaray. Jesus Christ did people expect everyone to start attacking them?

I agree waiting until the kids had gone would've been better but there was surely no harm in that.

It made up for missing Huddersfield. Good stuff.

As for the game... deserved the win. It's a shame it ended like that for Doncaster but ultimately it's over 46 games where they've blown it.

I wasn't sure about our penalty after watching the FLS but MarshallForEngland makes a very good argument for it being a dive.

Showed more celebrations of the brummie ***** staying up than us actually achieving something decent and worthwhile. Cheers BBC you pricks.

I got my stop watch out and timed both games, the Leics v Donny match received 3 mins 44sec coverage, the Bolton v Brum game had 10 mins 39 secs coverage, this is just match coverage.

Then they had their celebrations like they'd won the World Cup in their dressing room, Lee Clark interview, Wolves and Chesterfield trophy presentation.

Nothing of our players after the match or lifting the trophy.

I shan't miss the FLS one bit.

I'm only referring to yesterday. Think aswell the reaction of Husband says it all. Immediately looks at the lino, sees the decision and then faceplants the floor without making any protest. Sign of a guilty player.

Exactly. Contact, no complaints from their players, penalty any day.

If it happened against us I'd be pissed off at the attempted challenge.

Guest LCFC_World

Come on let's be honest, he went down way to easily, and it relegated Doncaster. Should have stayed on his feat. Fair play to the ref though for not giving the header that looked like it went over the line, it wasn't worth the risk giving it.

Doncaster didn't go down because Mahrez dived against them. Doncaster went down because Mahrez dived against them in a split second of 90 minutes, one 90 minutes out of 46 games.

Besides, no one is seriously going to try and claim we weren't worth the three points yesterday are they?

Those stills don't show the contact. Even clarridge said it was a penalty and he isn't the most complimentary towards us. Husband would have gone balistic if he thought mahrez had dived and there was no contact.

Was sitting in B3 and had a good view of the penalty decision, clear penalty to me and the player knew it too which is why he looked at the linesman and face planted the turf.

What was not so certain from my position is the goal line clearance which looked over the line from where I was sitting but I cant remember seeing it on the football league show.

Archived