Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

memories of city, good and bad

Pretty much all of the obvious memories I was going to mention have been cited so for a couple of left field choices how about:

In terms of the best memory, City v Swindon in the old league 1 (now the Championship for younger readers) in November 87. We were 2 down with 8 minutes to go and won 3-2. The 8000 crowd (!!!), including me, went mental!

Worst memory - surprised nobody has mentioned 3-1 home defeat to Wednesday in 2008, which was when we all knew we would end up in division 3. But for another left field choice losing 5-2 at Hull on a Friday night in November 1990. I had travelled over from Leeds where I was at uni. Hull were bottom and had hardly won a game all season. We had Pleat as manager and were sh1te. When the fourth went in for them near the end I'm ashamed to say for the only time I can remember me and my mate left early. To make it worse we could hear them cheering their fifth goal just as we got outside. We missed our last minute second. Then met a Hull fan on the train back to Leeds who told us that he had been to all of the big grounds "including Walsall" with no sense of irony!!

Shrewsbury at home in the FA Cup in 1982

Beating Newcastle last day of the season in 1986 to stay up.

The Great Escape against Oxford in 1991

Walshie's winner v Derby at Wembley in 1994

Worst feeling ever was going down in 2008. Still haven't got over that. Probably never will.

Well said Sylofox

Personally that Wycombe cup game and away at Stoke were the worst (plus any defeat against F@@@@t)

Best memories Jock Wallace promotion in 1979/80

Beating Newcastle at home 2-0 in the 80's to stay up

Beating Oxford in 1990? To stay up

Derby play off final win in 1994

Middlesboro cup final replay win in 1997

Tranmere cup final win in 2000

The League 1 champions season

2013/14 Championship season CHAMPIONS

Many more I hope

One of the greatest days ever.

The lowest ever MM and Heinz 57 managers taking us down.

I still hate MM for that season more than anyone.

Change your manager like your underpants will only end with one out come.

Don't blame Hollowhead just MM.

The players must have been lost every monday someone telling them something different :(  :(  :(

Archived