Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

memories of city, good and bad

my mate at work was talking to me about memories of Leicester that I have, and one of the first things I could think of was sobbing my eyes out as an 11 year old when roy essandoh scored the winner against us in the fa cup, I was devastated!!

others included my first ever game, celebrating a neil lennon goal against Charlton at filbo with my dad, falling over and my tooth falling out, the first ever time I saw city win vs Watford, with izzet scoring the winner, many more

wondering what memories you guys had

This is the first memory that popped into my head when I read the post! Not entirely sure if this is good or bad...but the crazy guys at the play off final v Derby who had a sheep's head on a stick wandering around shouting random insults, then arguing like crazy with the stewards that they should be allowed to take it into the stadium as it's not on the list of prohibited items! It was disgusting, but sort of funny at the same time!

my mate at work was talking to me about memories of Leicester that I have, and one of the first things I could think of was sobbing my eyes out as an 11 year old when roy essandoh scored the winner against us in the fa cup, I was devastated!!

others included my first ever game, celebrating a neil lennon goal against Charlton at filbo with my dad, falling over and my tooth falling out, the first ever time I saw city win vs Watford, with izzet scoring the winner, many more

wondering what memories you guys had

I've been watching City since 1957: how long have you got?

Good memories were mostly from Filbert Street.

* Pre-match music Republica

*Standing in the kop with my dad

* My first experience of European football ( Athletico Madrid)

* 5 trips to Wembley, watching 3 victories, 1 draw and 1 defeat

Bad memories

* Leicester city squad 2005-2008

My best memory was watching us beat Tranmere 2-1 at Wembley in 2000, a great day as a kid going with my Dad and one I'll never forget.

Worst was watching the 0-0 draw at Stoke on the TV to see us get relegated to League 1, didn't help it meant Cov stayed up and most of my friends and family are Cov fans, was horrendous.

Best memory for me was my first trip to Wembley for the Middlesbrough game. It may have ended in a draw but what an experience for an 11 year old!

Worst feeling, kind of stupid but brought a city shirt in the summer, got Izzet on the back and then he left us! Not had a name on a shirt since.

Great memories of us beating Tranmere at the cup final, the atmosphere at wembley was just amazing. Also beating Chelsea at filbert street in 97/98 was brilliant. European football against Athletico Madrid at Filbert Street.

one of the earliest memories i have is the 99 league cup final. that wasn't fun. made up for it a year later though. 

one of the clearest early football memories i have is phil neville's tackle against romania at euro 2000. always hated the pr1ck since then. 

Best - Play off finals even Blackburn and Swindon just for being there.

Worst - being relegated. Away at Oxford was really grim. Going back to the car in Portsmouth after play off s/f and finding four flat tyres. Made it home about 4 in the morning.

Oxford last day escape on the pitch

Getting soaked at Meadow Lane ZDS qtr final with 8,000 others

Joachim's goal at Barnsley

That equalizer v Swindon at Wembley

That winner v sheep at Wembley

Atletico Madrid at home atmosphere

etc....

Oxford last day escape on the pitch

Getting soaked at Meadow Lane ZDS qtr final with 8,000 others

Joachim's goal at Barnsley

That equalizer v Swindon at Wembley

That winner v sheep at Wembley

Atletico Madrid at home atmosphere

etc....

Tommy Johnson getting slapped in that notts county game....good times, and to think they were 1st division back then!

Ready To Go by Republica will always be a song that gets me excited, it worked so well at Filbert Street. Bring it back!

Best memory probably Claridges shin, or Collymoores hat-trick.

Worst memory. Rab Douglas coming thundering out to intercept a through ball and piling in to whoever it was that was bearing down on goal. Time and time again. :nigel:

The 94 play off final was memerable in so many ways but i always remember the ref Roger milford coming towards the tunnel end and he was given a good cheer and he just winked back , great ref...unless you are from Derby!

Still Mike Reid screwed us over a few years later at Chelsea!

Also, probably the memory that sticks with me most. Walking in to the family stand at Filbert Street. From what looked like a very ordinary street, through a turnstyle, up a flight of 5/6 stairs and then just being THERE. It hit me as a young chap every time like a tsunami, the atmosphere, the scale, the noise, just mind blowing, awe inspiring, something I'll carry with me forever.

Where to start?

Jock Wallace as manager the atmosphere at the time.

Shrewsbury in the cup

Orient away

Fullham away

Oldham away

Praps the greatest ever league away win Liverpool away (They had not lost at home all competitions for 3 yrs)

The MON years.

The Pearson years (such a shame he took a break)

Lineker saving the club

Our new owners ( and no I did not trust them to start with)

We might not be Man U or City Arsenal Liverpool or Chelsea.

But we have history and I for one am Proud to be a FOX.

Born

Bred

And PROUD to be a FOX

WYS for ever

Well said Sylofox

Personally that Wycombe cup game and away at Stoke were the worst (plus any defeat against F@@@@t)

Best memories Jock Wallace promotion in 1979/80

Beating Newcastle at home 2-0 in the 80's to stay up

Beating Oxford in 1990? To stay up

Derby play off final win in 1994

Middlesboro cup final replay win in 1997

Tranmere cup final win in 2000

The League 1 champions season

2013/14 Championship season CHAMPIONS

Many more I hope

Just an apprentice lad, 1955 for me I believe. I know, I dont look old enough, blah blah blah

Aye, well when I were a lad, all we 'ad to eat were coal.

Anyway.

Great memories:

My first match on a cold January afternoon in 1957, watching Arthur Rowley score in a 4-3 win over Grimsby to cement our top place.

Beating Man U 6-0 in 1961, in the days when we always beat Man U at Filbo

Gordon Banks against Liverpool in the 1963 FA Cup semi-final

Going up with Frank O'Farrell in 1971, a couple of months before I got married

Any number of games with Bloomfield's Londoners and Frank Worthington

The 1990s, and making Wembley our second home - the only one I missed was Derby

The "Bergkamp draw" against Arsenal, and the look on Walshy's face as he scored our third goal.

The Pearson years, winning League 1 at a canter, two play-off semis and a glorious Championship season.

Bad memories:

Losing against Man U and Man City at Wembley (63 and 69)

Matt Gillies leaving in 68

The 1980s (mostly)

Peter Taylor: Wycombe and Bolton in particular

The Mandaric years, and especially the 2007-8 season of Allen, Megson and Holloway

Sousa and Eriksson

Through thick and thin. A lot of thin but glorious, glorious thicks. Long may it continue.

Archived