Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

UK 'intelligence' agency GCHQ revealed by Snowden to have programs to manipulate online public information.

Hmmm...see what you did there with the OFAH reference. good work. really.

If the sentiment is genuine care to offer an intelligent response as to why I'm a plonker for defending our security service.

Sadly they are not defending the rule of law. :(

I'm not sure why everyone always wants to create a conspiracy! After working with people who have worked in GCHQ, and pretty much knowing every capability that they have, by being able to provide this for them. I know that this is in no way a form of information gathering for commercial purposes, or personal gain. The companies have any information which you provide to them, if the security services wish to obtain this information, and have studied it for security purposes, so be it. They won't sell it or use it, only protect you with it. If a terrorist attack happened, and you knew it could've been prevented through information available to facebook, but the relevant services weren't privy to such information, and weren't allowed to access it, knowing it could provide vital information. There would be national outcry that they didn't do enough.

I also just read the quote 'UK-US surveillance regime unlawful for seven years'. Regardless, maybe it took one ethical wrong, to prevent countless unethical wrongs.

Would you steal a wrong'uns knife to prevent a stabbing?

Where do you draw the line? And who decides where? If they can do this ethical wrong what others are they doing? The point is they are not accountable to us, or the law, who are they accountable too?

Where do you draw the line? And who decides where? If they can do this ethical wrong what others are they doing? The point is they are not accountable to us, or the law, who are they accountable too?

Quite.

Archived