ealingfox Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Well, tomorrow is the 16th July, one month before the big off. I think I am starting to notice the mood shifting slightly in here and in the Transfer Talk forum, so I just wanted to throw my two penneth in, and check that we are not heading straight towards the idiotic dichotomy that we had on here last summer. Can't help but feel like some of the morons on here are starting to revert back to type, appearing as if they have not taken anything away from the thorough thrashing and abject humiliation handed out to them by between August 2013 and May 2014. Because after all; doesn't long periods without anything happening at the Club, slow transfer activity, and people getting worried about the forthcoming season, to the point where they thought NP didn't know what he was doing, seem a bit familiar? I'll give you a clue - It was like this LAST summer. I reckon the battle lines for next season's debating are forming at the moment, so let's try and get a few things clear. Two things are standing out for me at the moment: A 17th place finish is/isn't good enoughWe do/don't need to sign 'bigger name' players to compete.First, on 17th. We are a promoted side, regardless of how we got promoted, our primal urge is to stay up. That is our first and foremost objective. 17th place means you stay up. Therefore finishing 17th would be good enough, no matter how it happens. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. Yes finishing 9th would be better, but to say 'we should be aiming higher than 17th' is stupid, because of course, WE ARE AIMING HIGHER THAN 17th. We are obviously aiming to finish as high as we can, and if that is anywhere above the bottom three places, it is good enough. Next, signings. Without going into the fact that we didn't sign anyone til late in the day last season, there is absolutely no need to panic. Not least because now, previously and always, we do not know exactly what is going on, and we never will. We don't know what the plan is, we don't know who we've been scouting, we don't know who we have made inquiries about. We don't know any of this stuff for sure. The stuff that has been speculated about the most, I don't see anything about to worry over at all. If its all true, we are the ones who pulled the plug on Campbell, and rightly so. We are the ones who are doing everything to avoid meeting a hubristic valuation of Ulloa, and rightly so. I would rather we broke the mould in trying to be sensible and non-conforming and that, even if we struggle, than do what QPR did in 2012, or Cardiff did last year, because that sure as hell didn't bloody work. Because yes, we might struggle. We might really struggle. Its just a possibility, just as much as we might finish 8th and win both cups. And it seems ye of little faith have started to believe we definitely will. After last season, both our manager and our young and talented squad deserve your full respect, belief and patience. It's worth repeating, we just don't know what happens behind closed doors. Pearson did exactly what we needed to do to succeed last summer in the end, and quite literally, this summer's looking a lot like last summer. One month to go. I can hardly wait. Keep the faith ladies and gents.
foxfanazer Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 I echo this. Without trying to sound cheesy let's get behind our club and support them through what will undoubtedly be a tough and gruelling season. We are back in the Prem after so long (too long) so let's enjoy every minute of it
PAPA LAZAROU Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Well, tomorrow is the 16th July, one month before the big off. I think I am starting to notice the mood shifting slightly in here and in the Transfer Talk forum, so I just wanted to throw my two penneth in, and check that we are not heading straight towards the idiotic dichotomy that we had on here last summer. Can't help but feel like some of the morons on here are starting to revert back to type, appearing as if they have not taken anything away from the thorough thrashing and abject humiliation handed out to them by between August 2013 and May 2014. Because after all; doesn't long periods without anything happening at the Club, slow transfer activity, and people getting worried about the forthcoming season, to the point where they thought NP didn't know what he was doing, seem a bit familiar? I'll give you a clue - It was like this LAST summer. I reckon the battle lines for next season's debating are forming at the moment, so let's try and get a few things clear. Two things are standing out for me at the moment: A 17th place finish is/isn't good enoughWe do/don't need to sign 'bigger name' players to compete.First, on 17th. We are a promoted side, regardless of how we got promoted, our primal urge is to stay up. That is our first and foremost objective. 17th place means you stay up. Therefore finishing 17th would be good enough, no matter how it happens. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. Yes finishing 9th would be better, but to say 'we should be aiming higher than 17th' is stupid, because of course, WE ARE AIMING HIGHER THAN 17th. We are obviously aiming to finish as high as we can, and if that is anywhere above the bottom three places, it is good enough. Next, signings. Without going into the fact that we didn't sign anyone til late in the day last season, there is absolutely no need to panic. Not least because now, previously and always, we do not know exactly what is going on, and we never will. We don't know what the plan is, we don't know who we've been scouting, we don't know who we have made inquiries about. We don't know any of this stuff for sure. The stuff that has been speculated about the most, I don't see anything about to worry over at all. If its all true, we are the ones who pulled the plug on Campbell, and rightly so. We are the ones who are doing everything to avoid meeting a hubristic valuation of Ulloa, and rightly so. I would rather we broke the mould in trying to be sensible and non-conforming and that, even if we struggle, than do what QPR did in 2012, or Cardiff did last year, because that sure as hell didn't bloody work. Because yes, we might struggle. We might really struggle. Its just a possibility, just as much as we might finish 8th and win both cups. And it seems ye of little faith have started to believe we definitely will. After last season, both our manager and our young and talented squad deserve your full respect, belief and patience. It's worth repeating, we just don't know what happens behind closed doors. Pearson did exactly what we needed to do to succeed last summer in the end, and quite literally, this summer's looking a lot like last summer. One month to go. I can hardly wait. Keep the faith ladies and gents. So anyone who disagrees with your child like optimism becomes a " Moron " It's not really the way to open a debate is it ? By all means post your views on the lines of stop being so pessimistic. but silly name calling neither strengthens your point or makes your point creditable .
lgfualol Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Don't know. The reason I come on this website is to be silly and share my negativity with fellow fans. I can't wait.
PAPA LAZAROU Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Don't know. The reason I come on this website is to be silly and share my negativity with fellow fans. I can't wait. That's more like it .
ealingfox Posted 15 July 2014 Author Posted 15 July 2014 Is Papa Lazarou this summer's insanely boring troll then? Following in the footsteps of such FoxesTalk icons as AnotherShitSeason, cuddly ken and Manor Fox?
Monsell1976 Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Couldn't be arsed to read it, it's as long as war and peace, but I'm guessing it's anyone isn't optimistic is a moron. Anyone who thinks we will be comfortable next season are very optimistic, they has been a lot of arrogant posts on here lately, like who will finish below us, people expecting burnley etc finish below us, the fact of the matter is the so called lower teams like Stoke/ west brom and the likes,are making decent signings and building on what is already premier league squads. I think we need to hope for the best and invest in the squad, which appears to be a problem at the minute, as rumour targets are going else where at present. Before people say I'm being negative, I do think the squad at present is good, but I do think it would be in the bottom 4 all season, but with a couple of decent signings the team has a chance of doing well.
ealingfox Posted 15 July 2014 Author Posted 15 July 2014 Couldn't be arsed to read it, it's as long as war and peace, but I'm guessing it's anyone isn't optimistic is a moron. Anyone who thinks we will be comfortable next season are very optimistic, they has been a lot of arrogant posts on here lately, like who will finish below us, people expecting burnley etc finish below us, the fact of the matter is the so called lower teams like Stoke/ west brom and the likes,are making decent signings and building on what is already premier league squads. I think we need to hope for the best and invest in the squad, which appears to be a problem at the minute, as rumour targets are going else where at present. Before people say I'm being negative, I do think the squad at present is good, but I do think it would be in the bottom 4 all season, but with a couple of decent signings the team has a chance of doing well. Says a lot about you then, that isn't what it says at all.
Monsell1976 Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Says a lot about you then, that isn't what it says at all.Yes says I ain't got the time to read war and peace
johnny the fox Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 Arrogant post... we don't a lecture, not all the people who have a different point of view is a moron.. I will not, and never have gone into panic mode..but I thought this forum was about different opinions.
ealingfox Posted 15 July 2014 Author Posted 15 July 2014 Arrogant post... we don't a lecture, not all the people who have a different point of view is a moron.. I will not, and never have gone into panic mode..but I thought this forum was about different opinions. You didn't read it did you? It's hardly a lecture, and it doesn't say anything like that.
hackneyfox Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 So anyone who disagrees with your child like optimism becomes a " Moron " It's not really the way to open a debate is it ? By all means post your views on the lines of stop being so pessimistic. but silly name calling neither strengthens your point or makes your point creditable . Don't know. The reason I come on this website is to be silly and share my negativity with fellow fans. I can't wait.
hackneyfox Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 You didn't read it did you? It's hardly a lecture, and it doesn't say anything like that. Oh yes it does.
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 I am making no predictions nor raising any expectations. To be negative runs the risk of Ealingfox et al's 'moronic' accusations. However, I don't feel negative. Hand on heart I can say I have no idea how this season is going to pan out. We could just as easily do well as we could crash and burn. As ive said all summer, I'm simply going to wait and see. The boys will get my backing and my season tickets are renewed. Can't wait.
ealingfox Posted 15 July 2014 Author Posted 15 July 2014 I am making no predictions nor raising any expectations. To be negative runs the risk of Ealingfox et al's 'moronic' accusations. However, I don't feel negative. Hand on heart I can say I have no idea how this season is going to pan out. We could just as easily do well as we could crash and burn. As ive said all summer, I'm simply going to wait and see. The boys will get my backing and my season tickets are renewed. Can't wait. And my post neither made any predictions, nor did it raise any expectations, ol' shitty pants.
hackneyfox Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 the idiotic dichotomy that we had on here last summer. Can't help but feel like some of the morons on here are starting to revert back to type, appearing as if they have not taken anything away from the thorough thrashing and abject humiliation handed out to them by between August 2013 and May 2014. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. Yes finishing 9th would be better, but to say 'we should be aiming higher than 17th' is stupid, Priceless
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 And my post neither made any predictions, nor did it raise any expectations, ol' shitty pants. Thats three posters you've responded to in a sarcastic way to already isn't it? In your own thread? Poor form.
ealingfox Posted 15 July 2014 Author Posted 15 July 2014 the idiotic dichotomy that we had on here last summer. Can't help but feel like some of the morons on here are starting to revert back to type, appearing as if they have not taken anything away from the thorough thrashing and abject humiliation handed out to them by between August 2013 and May 2014. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. Yes finishing 9th would be better, but to say 'we should be aiming higher than 17th' is stupid, Priceless Well none of those sentences say that anyone who has a different point of view to me specifically is a moron. Idiotic dichotomy describes the fact that we had two factions on here endlessly going over the same arguments as being idiotic, neither side is specified. Morons from last summer - fair enough, anyone who thought our bad run in 12/13 was more significant than the other 2/3rds of the season and the fact that we actually finished in the top 6 - have to hold my hands up, I think those people were/are morons, as did many others. Those same morons thought NP wasn't capable of guiding us to a top 2 finish - care to tell me how that worked out? Next one's essentially saying you're an idiot if you wouldn't take a 17th place finish right now, which is true no?
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 July 2014 Posted 15 July 2014 What would be good for the coming season on here, would be to NOT get into this seemingly parrenial thing of the positivists slamming the negative posts, and vice-verca. Ive been guilty of it myself at times. Next season is going to be different in terms of the level of football we are playing at. Lets give the lads time, not get straight on the 'we're doomed' mentality, nor say we are going to finish at a certain position before anyone knows how its all looking. Watch the games, size up the opposition and don't knee-jerk, either way. Give it time ladies and gents.
langtonfox Posted 16 July 2014 Posted 16 July 2014 I come on here for light hearted banter and fun, can ealing fox preach somewhere else -
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.