Webbo Posted 16 July 2014 Posted 16 July 2014 I've been away for a fortnight can somebody up date me? Have we signed anyone yet, has preseason started?
ealingfox Posted 16 July 2014 Author Posted 16 July 2014 Hopefully he's sobered up. I offered a rational post trying to offer perspective on the summer so far, at a time when certain people are starting to try and twist the knife. You fancy reminding us all what you were saying about NP and the forthcoming season this time last year? Have a bit of bottle.
ealingfox Posted 16 July 2014 Author Posted 16 July 2014 I come on here for light hearted banter and fun, can ealing fox preach somewhere else - And I come on here for football discussion, so maybe you should just stick to theLADbible or whatever dimwitted 'banter' forum you frequent son.
hackneyfox Posted 16 July 2014 Posted 16 July 2014 I offered a rational post trying to offer perspective on the summer so far, at a time when certain people are starting to try and twist the knife. You fancy reminding us all what you were saying about NP and the forthcoming season this time last year? Have a bit of bottle Some people are worried about the lack of quality signings, that doesn't make them idiots or morons or means they are twisting some perceived knife. I've never denied that I wasn't happy with him, I was wrong, I wasn't humiliated when we were promoted, I was ecstatic. NFP deserves our support, he's guaranteed mine till September
sylofox Posted 16 July 2014 Posted 16 July 2014 What would be good for the coming season on here, would be to NOT get into this seemingly parrenial thing of the positivists slamming the negative posts, and vice-verca. Ive been guilty of it myself at times. Next season is going to be different in terms of the level of football we are playing at. Lets give the lads time, not get straight on the 'we're doomed' mentality, nor say we are going to finish at a certain position before anyone knows how its all looking. Watch the games, size up the opposition and don't knee-jerk, either way. Give it time ladies and gents. Here what you say Col but will never happen on here. Look at the boro thread last season. Some wanted NP sacked for picking Drinky n Vardy. When we went 1 down NP was shite they could not even wait till the end of the game lol Come Aug 16th they will be back waiting they won't accept Everton were top 6 last season then we have Chelsea ManU Arsenal. Blood bath in waiting anything less than 10pts from them five games at the start NP is fvcked on here. NP pissed the league last season we have just played 4 of the top 7. But we should have spent more why did we not get Ronaldo. You can just see it now.
sylofox Posted 16 July 2014 Posted 16 July 2014 Some people are worried about the lack of quality signings, that doesn't make them idiots or morons or means they are twisting some perceived knife. I've never denied that I wasn't happy with him, I was wrong, I wasn't humiliated when we were promoted, I was ecstatic. NFP deserves our support, he's guaranteed mine till September My point in case Col. That really is not funny.
johnny the fox Posted 16 July 2014 Posted 16 July 2014 You didn't read it did you? It's hardly a lecture, and it doesn't say anything like that. I actually did read it... your assumption that I didn't just makes my point... spout off as much as you like...no problem, but don't call everybody else a moron who has a different opinion..
hackneyfox Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 My point in case Col. That really is not funny. Don't be so precious.
hackneyfox Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 sighRelax we're all allowed an opinion whatever you think of it.It's going to be a long season if you get so upset before we've even called for his head.
indierich06 Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 Relax we're all allowed an opinion whatever you think of it. It's going to be a long season if you get so upset before we've even called for his head. It's like you just can't wait to do it. I give it about 5 mins after the final whistle against Everton.
Monsell1976 Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 It's like you just can't wait to do it. I give it about 5 mins after the final whistle against Everton.This is what I don't get, do the people who supported Pearson through the bad spell, and are claiming the moral high ground, really think those that didn't are sitting waiting for him to **** it up, or has it not occurred to them that we want to do well, with Pearson, or who ever as long as we have a decent side who will at least compete.
indierich06 Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 This is what I don't get, do the people who supported Pearson through the bad spell, and are claiming the moral high ground, really think those that didn't are sitting waiting for him to **** it up, or has it not occurred to them that we want to do well, with Pearson, or who ever as long as we have a decent side who will at least compete. Not claiming any moral high ground here. And yes, there are undoubtedly posters on here who are waiting for Pearson to slip up so they can claim they were right all along. Seenitall and Cuddly Ken spring to mind immediately, but there are definitely others also.
Fox92 Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 I've been away for a fortnight can somebody up date me? Have we signed anyone yet, has preseason started? We haven't signed as many players as other teams so it's panic stations again.
Monsell1976 Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 Not claiming any moral high ground here. And yes, there are undoubtedly posters on here who are waiting for Pearson to slip up so they can claim they were right all along. Seenitall and Cuddly Ken spring to mind immediately, but there are definitely others also.Pretty sad if they are, not seen them post for a while, but to be fair there are lots of posters claiming the moral high ground, and saying we were right.Last season could have gone either way after the playoffs, and yes I would have been happy for Pearson to go, but I supported him once I knew he was staying, but didn't expect much last season, but credit to him and the players, they were great. Same goes this season, I'm not a massive Pearson fan, but he's done a good job last season, and I will back him this season, even when there are times when results are hard to come by. The only time I will lose faith is if we are being slopped out week in week out, and not even competing, don't expect that to happen with a Pearson side, but as all managers will be judged on results, so will he. I hope his success continues, not for his sake but the clubs, it's nice being back in the top flight, and it would be nice to stay for a while.
DangerFox! Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 Less than a month to go now. Countdown started! Roll on Everton.
Guest Col city fan Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 Pretty sad if they are, not seen them post for a while, but to be fair there are lots of posters claiming the moral high ground, and saying we were right. Last season could have gone either way after the playoffs, and yes I would have been happy for Pearson to go, but I supported him once I knew he was staying, but didn't expect much last season, but credit to him and the players, they were great. Same goes this season, I'm not a massive Pearson fan, but he's done a good job last season, and I will back him this season, even when there are times when results are hard to come by. The only time I will lose faith is if we are being slopped out week in week out, and not even competing, don't expect that to happen with a Pearson side, but as all managers will be judged on results, so will he. I hope his success continues, not for his sake but the clubs, it's nice being back in the top flight, and it would be nice to stay for a while. For me, the two seasons are completely seperate and should be treated as such. There can be no 'I told you so'. Pearson achieved his aim, we got promoted, end of story.THIS season is a little less clear regarding what the aim is. Is it to stay up? Is it to cement a mid table position? Therefore, one's judgement on Nigel Pearson, the Premiership manager, will be based upon one's expectation. Given that it seems the club either don't want to or can't spend much money on big signings, my expectation of Pearson THIS season is to avoid relegation. That's what I'll be judging him on. But last season is gone, in terms of judging the manager. Now the slate is clean and we see what he can do at a higher level.
Monsell1976 Posted 17 July 2014 Posted 17 July 2014 For me, the two seasons are completely seperate and should be treated as such. There can be no 'I told you so'. Pearson achieved his aim, we got promoted, end of story. THIS season is a little less clear regarding what the aim is. Is it to stay up? Is it to cement a mid table position? Therefore, one's judgement on Nigel Pearson, the Premiership manager, will be based upon one's expectation. Given that it seems the club either don't want to or can't spend much money on big signings, my expectation of Pearson THIS season is to avoid relegation. That's what I'll be judging him on. But last season is gone, in terms of judging the manager. Now the slate is clean and we see what he can do at a higher level. That's basically what I'm getting at col, good or bad results, his and the clubs aim is to stay up, I can take getting beat next season (as long as we are competitive), as anyone expecting anything other than a struggle next season, is in my opinion over confident, if we don't struggle, well it's a bonus.My concern is people will turn quicker if their expectations are not managed, and set the bar to high, and like you say staying up is the priority, and then we maybe in with a shout of getting better players in, and then looking at high we can realistically finish
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.