Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Striker want's longer deal

Fulham's on loan striker Elvis Hammond is hoping to extend his five month stay at Leicester but admits he needs to improve.

Hammond started against Crewe at the weekend but missed a bagful of chances and is looking for better to come in the future, he said:"I will make up for it, I can't have another day like this. It was horrible.

"I'd like to stay longer, the fans are the best and I like the club, it's up to the manager if he wants me so I've just got to do my best."

:D sounds like he likes it here! :D

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_details....&l_id=2&t_id=41

Fulham's on loan striker Elvis Hammond is hoping to extend his five month stay at Leicester but admits he needs to improve. 

Hammond started against Crewe at the weekend but missed a bagful of chances and is looking for better to come in the future, he said:"I will make up for it, I can't have another day like this. It was horrible.

"I'd like to stay longer, the fans are the best and I like the club, it's up to the manager if he wants me so I've just got to do my best."

You gotta love him just for that comment!!

To be fair, us fans that went to Gresty Road gave him a terrific reception and chanted his name on many occasions - we certainly made him feel welcome and appreciated his effort.

He's got to prove himself first, but early signs look good.

161044[/snapback]

Seconded! I think he does have potential and has a quality shot on him but i think it might tkae him a while to get into a scoring routine. He hasnt played comptitive football in ages and i reckon he is a bit rusty. But give him a few games then he will be scoring along with Conners. If he does score and play well consistensy then i dont see why we shouldnt try and keep him until the end of the season!

It's great to see players having a good time here, but just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean we should sign him up. As has been said above, he needs to prove himself first. We've had our share of dead-weight strikers on the books recently (and currently in some peoples opinions...) and we don't need anymore especially with our ever reducing wage-budget. He's a nice guy but can we afford to buy him if he's only good for 4-5 goals a year and has pace? No. Realistically both Dublin and de Vries aren't going to be regular first teamers in the future (36 and 30 in a few days), maybe even as soon as next season (with Dublin's contract running out) and then we'll only have Connolly (who if he is any good will have been sold) so I'd rather we choose prudently our next striker, rather than getting another Benji on the books (albeit on less money) - nice guy, has his uses but really just takes up wages that could be used elsewhere.

But still, thanks for the compliments Elvis ;):P

It's great to see players having a good time here, but just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean we should sign him up. As has been said above, he needs to prove himself first. We've had our share of dead-weight strikers on the books recently (and currently in some peoples opinions...) and we don't need anymore especially with our ever reducing wage-budget. He's a nice guy but can we afford to buy him if he's only good for 4-5 goals a year and has pace? No. Realistically both Dublin and de Vries aren't going to be regular first teamers in the future (36 and 30 in a few days), maybe even as soon as next season (with Dublin's contract running out) and then we'll only have Connolly (who if he is any good will have been sold) so I'd rather we choose prudently our next striker, rather than getting another Benji on the books (albeit on less money) - nice guy, has his uses but really just takes up wages that could be used elsewhere.

But still, thanks for the compliments Elvis  ;)  :P

161331[/snapback]

You cruel bugger!! :o

I think Elvis went a long way to proving his use on Saturday. The amount of 50/50s, even 40/60s and 30/70s that he won against the odds were countless. His control didn't let him down once and he had the strength to hold of his man to bring down high balls and then the ability to turn and do something with it. Obviously he needs to work on his finishing but he knows that, CL will know that and it is something that can be worked on. Many more games like he played at Crewe and he will certainly be an asset for us if we can sign him up.

Have to agree with Sheff. Elvis is nothing like Benjamin based on Saturday's performance. The only thing they have in common is their position and the colour of their skin.

Elvis showed that he can control, take defenders on, and shoot at goal - none of which Benji could do.

I think Elvis went a long way to proving his use on Saturday. The amount of 50/50s, even 40/60s and 30/70s that he won against the odds were countless. His control didn't let him down once and he had the strength to hold of his man to bring down high balls and then the ability to turn and do something with it. Obviously he needs to work on his finishing but he knows that, CL will know that and it is something that can be worked on. Many more games like he played at Crewe and he will certainly be an asset for us if we can sign him up.

161354[/snapback]

I think his shooting will improve over time as unlike at Fulham, where he was sometimes 4th or 5th choice striker, here is 3rd choice so the coaches here can concrentrate on him more than maybe what they did at Fulham. Obviously first team games will help no end also.

IF that is big IF-if he scored loads of goals by end of season and we signed him on how much do you think Fulham would want for him?

161509[/snapback]

IF he did score loads of goals, and connolly got his 20, than the chances are that we would get promoted. IF this happened we would have some money and we would not buy him because he isnt good enough for the premiership, incomes a premiership striker because he was the one who got us there.

if he has scored as many as de vries by christmas then we should at least keep him until the end of the season

161702[/snapback]

Agreed! But thats not much of a challenge. I say, if he has scored as many or just short of Connolly then we should sign him!

Agreed! But thats not much of a challenge. I say, if he has scored as many or just short of Connolly then we should sign him!

162007[/snapback]

I dont think that he'll have scored that many because he wont be starting that much when people get back to full fitness. i think that he will be just under double figures at christmas whereas Connolly, should and i hope will be into double figures

Archived