Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Match of the Day - 50 Years Old

Without sounding patronising I feel sorry for the younger generation who didn't get to see us play at filbert street.

I grew up in the 90's going down Filbert Street with my dad and it was the best feeling I've ever had walking into the ground. Police everywhere, republica ready to go blaring through the tannoy, fans close to the pitch. I know the stadium was sh*t hole but it was our sh*t hole.

God I miss it.

Pretty much this. I'm not exactly an oldie but one of the best memories of my childhood since my first match in 1997 was travelling to Filbert Street with my dad and brother whenever was possible. 

Without sounding patronising I feel sorry for the younger generation who didn't get to see us play at filbert street.

I grew up in the 90's going down Filbert Street with my dad and it was the best feeling I've ever had walking into the ground. Police everywhere, republica ready to go blaring through the tannoy, fans close to the pitch. I know the stadium was sh*t hole but it was our sh*t hole.

God I miss it.

Fully agree, one of the best times of my life going to Filbo every week in both good times and bad, an atmosphere we just can't replicate at the KP due to its size.

Favourite MOTD moment? Many to choose from but strangely I'd go for the Chelsea game they covered in 1997, we had injuries galore in the F.A cup and by half time we looked down and out at 2-0 but we came back thanks to Walsh and an own goal from Eddie Newton, everyone knows what happened in the replay but the images of the guys watching the game for free on top of the Bentleys factory with Filbert street lit up beneath was a picture of those times captured perfectly.

Oh and Barry Davies was commentating, legend.

God I miss it.

Even if I did go I wouldn't have even remembered it but I would like to be able say that I watched us there.

Did this show really need a section on Hillsborough? FFS the show is only an hour long. It's not something that really sums up Match of the Day is it?

Still no clips of City doing anything interesting....except conceding.

Even Gary is only mentioned as 'a lover of the blue of Everton'. Piss off Jose!

I think it did deserve a mention, the biggest story of English football, on English footballs no.1 show!

Work it out for yourself!

Archived