Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nugent- 50 league goals

Erm, Andy King? You know, the guy who has been brilliant this season and was hugely unlucky to miss out vs. United.

Mahrez and Knockeart give the ball away at times because they are played as wingers. Wingers have to take risks, take players on etc. if they were conservative and just passed it back to the fullback or midfield then they'd be replaced as their not having a proper effect on the game.

Powell when up to speed would also suit this role as does Drinkwater, everyone can see how good his touch is around the edge of the box.

Don't see King playing the number 10 role for us in the prem at all. What was wrong with the job Nuge did? Looked very good to me

If he scores another 50 and they are all penalties I couldn't care less. The hate for Nugent from some quarters is unbelievable. He runs his socks off every single game for us. He's often the man Nige chooses to sacrifice his own game and drop in onto key players. He did it to Blind yesterday and he's done it before. The fact Nige always chooses him shows he has a lot of faith in his ability to do a job. The fact Nuge is willing to drop some of his attacking game to do it highlights just how much of a team player he is. I'm sure someone else could do the role but since he's been employed as the link man I think he's done a fantastic job for the club. He's probably not as clinical as Ulloa or as aggressive and quick as Vardy but my god the three of them linked up well on Sunday. They complement each other as an attacking unit so well and Nugent is a key part of that and our team. Nige clearly rates the guy for the job he wants him to do so that's good enough for me. We should well remember, as we have highlighted this season, it's all about the team and how well the 11 men on the pitch work well together. Nugent is a key cog in that.

Such a shame how he gets so much vitriol on here. Should be in a position now to potentially reach legend status, but I feel like he has so many fans on his back all the time.

Anyway, jokes on you haters, because here's a fact for you; he will start every game he is fit for this season, and rightly so.

So underrated for us. Works his socks off and when he's given a particular task he looks very effective. The amount of times he broke up play against United was fantastic, the formation really seemed to suit him. I know we can't play 4-3-3 every week but the prospect of Vardy - Ulloa - Nuge is so appealling

You could say, our todays, modern day Emile Heskey.Hot n cold in front of goal, but runs unselfishly for the team, and looks

continually to find the spaces, and dare I say 'runs the channels', which helps to open up the game.

I always liked him in city colours, must say though, because of his donkey work, I doubt he will play all the games even if he is fit.

He is an unsung hero, always has been. Lets not forget he doesn't really play up front alongside Ulloa, he's usually behind. Just as he was last season, and the amount of assists he got highlighted that. Yes he should have scored at Chelsea, but his link up play (just like Vardy's and Ulloa's) is excellent.

Pleased for him reaching 50 league goals. Not a bad return as well, from 135 games.

It is impressive, given that I don't think he's a natural finisher. A lot of his non-penalties have been clever efforts where he hasn't had lots of space and time to weigh lots of eventualities up, like at Chelsea.

He's put shifts in most weeks, his work off the ball is very good and he's had a fair amount of assists in his time. He's not perfect by any means but as a free transfer he's been a great addition and has made a consistent contribution.

It's amazed me the amount of stick on here that Nugent has received since he joined our club. A great professional, has given his all, just about every game and has remained loyal to the cause. He even continued to score goals when playing alongside the great Jermaine Beckord! One of the laziest footballers I've seen in a City shirt.

50 goals David..good for you mate, and for us....

I know, it's a joke the way he's treated sometimes. I think some people think he is only there to score goals, but he has a lot more to offer than that. He's a really great player for us. The Nugent and Vardy combo is very difficult for defenders to deal with because they close down together and i think it surprises a lot of them. His reaction after the penalty though, is that the first time he hasn't smiled after he's scored a goal?

I know, it's a joke the way he's treated sometimes. I think some people think he is only there to score goals, but he has a lot more to offer than that. He's a really great player for us. The Nugent and Vardy combo is very difficult for defenders to deal with because they close down together and i think it surprises a lot of them. His reaction after the penalty though, is that the first time he hasn't smiled after he's scored a goal?

I think he knew there was a lot more work to be done. No good going crazy still 3-2 down. Guess that just shows his focus in ensuring the job is done.

But yes, absolutely bang on the head. He offers a lot more than just scoring goals, and that's why Nige selects him.

Got to agree 100% with Vicki Vixon about Mahrez and Knockaert and I don't really see King in that role.

Nugent is playing really well, understands that position and puts in a real shift every time he takes to the field. Nigel values him, that is good enough for me.

Why he is playing at the top of a diamond I don't know? We have 4/5 players who would fit perfectly into that role.

Played well yesterday but he's not in my strongest 11.

lol

Wish you were our manager!

Did you not see how much he stuck to Blind? And how that completely nullified their out from the back due to lack of wingers?

Erm, Andy King? You know, the guy who has been brilliant this season and was hugely unlucky to miss out vs. United.

Mahrez and Knockeart give the ball away at times because they are played as wingers. Wingers have to take risks, take players on etc. if they were conservative and just passed it back to the fullback or midfield then they'd be replaced as their not having a proper effect on the game.

Powell when up to speed would also suit this role as does Drinkwater, everyone can see how good his touch is around the edge of the box.

I don't think you really understand football mate. He's obviously (and I mean really, really obviously) not just there for his goalscoring and playmaking threat. If you don't understand the reasoning behind having him in the team then good luck.

Archived