Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nugent- 50 league goals

He is an unsung hero, always has been. Lets not forget he doesn't really play up front alongside Ulloa, he's usually behind. Just as he was last season, and the amount of assists he got highlighted that. Yes he should have scored at Chelsea, but his link up play (just like Vardy's and Ulloa's) is excellent.

Pleased for him reaching 50 league goals. Not a bad return as well, from 135 games.

It's amazed me the amount of stick on here that Nugent has received since he joined our club. A great professional, has given his all, just about every game and has remained loyal to the cause. He even continued to score goals when playing alongside the great Jermaine Beckord! One of the laziest footballers I've seen in a City shirt.

50 goals David..good for you mate, and for us....

Great comment from The Guardian: "David Nugent deserves great credit for his hard-working, man-marking job on Daley Blind, which meant Manchester United struggled to work the ball forward quickly. Whereas Blind had complete freedom against QPR a week ago, here he was harried throughout."

Bang on.

Why he is playing at the top of a diamond I don't know? We have 4/5 players who would fit perfectly into that role.

Played well yesterday but he's not in my strongest 11.

Is this a joke?

He played there at times to man blind and that shows Pearson trusts him 100% to do a job for the team.

Plus I'm not sure NP would value the opinion of anyone with Bamba in their username.

So underrated for us. Works his socks off and when he's given a particular task he looks very effective. The amount of times he broke up play against United was fantastic, the formation really seemed to suit him. I know we can't play 4-3-3 every week but the prospect of Vardy - Ulloa - Nuge is so appealling

Why he is playing at the top of a diamond I don't know? We have 4/5 players who would fit perfectly into that role.

Like who?  

Mahrez or Knockaert could play there but they give the ball away far too much. They need to work on their positional sense and discipline, both in and out of possession, before Pearson puts them ahead of Nugent.

Not sure who your other 3 are - GTF (if so, a joke), Powell (ineligible against Man U and probably not integrated enough into the squad for a starting role yet), Lawwrence (see second comment on Powell)?

Nugent is by far and away the best we have in this role.

So underrated for us. Works his socks off and when he's given a particular task he looks very effective. The amount of times he broke up play against United was fantastic, the formation really seemed to suit him. I know we can't play 4-4-3 every week but the prospect of Vardy - Ulloa - Nuge is so appealling

4-4-3 would be nice.  Who is our extra man?  Clattenburg?   :ph34r:

Very underrated player. Works his absolute hardest for us. You could see that against Blind in the Man Utd game, along with the other games. He's the one behind Ulloa, playing the defensive forward role, and he has done very well. A few of you have mentioned that, and that's exactly right!

Congrats on the 50! May we see many more! (Cue jokes on them all being penalties).

Like who?  

Mahrez or Knockaert could play there but they give the ball away far too much. They need to work on their positional sense and discipline, both in and out of possession, before Pearson puts them ahead of Nugent.

Not sure who your other 3 are - GTF (if so, a joke), Powell (ineligible against Man U and probably not integrated enough into the squad for a starting role yet), Lawwrence (see second comment on Powell)?

Nugent is by far and away the best we have in this role.

Erm, Andy King? You know, the guy who has been brilliant this season and was hugely unlucky to miss out vs. United.

Mahrez and Knockeart give the ball away at times because they are played as wingers. Wingers have to take risks, take players on etc. if they were conservative and just passed it back to the fullback or midfield then they'd be replaced as their not having a proper effect on the game.

Powell when up to speed would also suit this role as does Drinkwater, everyone can see how good his touch is around the edge of the box.

Archived