Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Poker

There's a £110 buy in tournament all around the North West over Christmas that has 7 first days in 7 different grosvenors with the final in Manchester on the 28th, with first place being about 15 grand.

And I was gonna enter 1 day and see how it goes, then I thought i'd ask for a staker on Facebook just to cut my outgoings and I got 5 messages from people wanting to do it!

Can only make 4 of the flights though, so looks like I'm gonna have 4 attempts at taking that bad boy down!

First step to the WSOP!

I bet my brothers will be in that. My elder brother is in the Lake District area and plays more tourneys now and a younger brother does well in them. Whether they  are allowed to by spouses is another matter.

Did OK last night/early hours. Finished about £6 up. Doesn't sound a lot but I only play Micro stakes. placed 3rd in a 12 seater. $7.31.

Lost £50 in a ring game the other week so trying to get it back. Bit silly I was £10 up at one stage and topped up when I lost it. I play some 50/50 You only need finish 5/10 to get your money back.

Its the final night of poker at the Kings Head next Monday and I will be 4th in chip  stack with around 6000. The leader has 22000 so will be hitting those in between.

Its the final night of poker at the Kings Head next Monday and I will be 4th in chip  stack with around 6000. The leader has 22000 so will be hitting those in between.

Nah Ken you'll have more than that, Paul decided that even those with 0 points start with 10k. IIRC you've got about 16500.

I bet my brothers will be in that. My elder brother is in the Lake District area and plays more tourneys now and a younger brother does well in them. Whether they are allowed to by spouses is another matter.

Ah cool, tell them to look out for the guy with all the chips!

Anyone fancy a home game on Pokerstars?

Could organise one for like a fiver or something just to keep it friendly.

Not right now obviously!

I'll give it a go. Would the cash come from the account on there? Don't know how it works. Blind structure payout etc.

May go on Pokerstars in a bit. Too late to go out now. May just nip to the local shop for food. What I save on beer will go on the poker table nless there is a freeroll or a game I can use tokens on.

Anyone know how the VPP points work? It says the points are reset on Jan 1st. Does this mean I have to redeem them by then? I am only at Bronze status and will never play enough to go much further.

I'll get on Pokerstars tonight to see how it works, I did it about 4 years ago and i had to make a new group that only people with a password could join.

Then I just make a sit and go, can't remember if I chose starting stack, blind levels and all that shit.

I'll let you all know

I'll get on Pokerstars tonight to see how it works, I did it about 4 years ago and i had to make a new group that only people with a password could join.

Then I just make a sit and go, can't remember if I chose starting stack, blind levels and all that shit.

I'll let you all know

I'll check it out too when I have finished on here. Everytime I get to the last post another one appears.

Heres the link. It's quite easy I think. http://uk.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/#utm_medium=Internal&utm_source=Client&utm_campaign=3

It wont accept letters in the ID Numbers only.

I've done quite well last couple of nights. £15 up on micro stakes. Just played a 50/50 First 5 get paid. there were still 10/10 when the blinds were 50/100 plus ante with a couple on less than 5. The rest were about even/

In the end I finished fourth collecting around $5.71 which was still more than the original stake.of 3.50. Two out of three being all in helped with 6 left.

Use number 1966896, that should work.

nope still not working

Copied to read here.

4: Name your Club

When you create a club, you’ll be asked to give it a name and invitation code. (Make sure that your Invitation Code is not the same as your PokerStars user ID password.) That’s it. You’ve created your Poker Club. See the FAQs for tips on how to name your Poker Club. It may be 4-5 days until your club name appears in the club lobby. Before then, you will see your club ID number, which uniquely identifies your club.

Not very good tonight. Three S&G games lost Best hand AA first hand in the third UTG and they all folded. Last hand all in with  A 8 . Hit 8 on the river but it also gave the other player a straight or I would have doubled up.

Oh well time for bed.

Ken, VPPs are 'VIP player points'. They count towards your star level. The higher your star level, the faster you earn VPPs and the more items become available for you o buy in the VIP store. They're the ones you have to earn each month to maintain/increase your star level. FPPs are 'Frequent player points', They are earnt simultaneously to VPPs, but they are the ones that you can spend either in the VIP store, or in tournaments that have an FPP entry.

Not sure how accurate that is but that's how I understand it  ;)

Basically your FPPs won't run out at the end of the month and you don't need to rush to spend them. I'm pretty sure the "reset" will be on the count of how many VPPs you've earnt this month.

And yeah I'm well up for a home game tomorrow. I'll be online from about 6.30pm  :xmasbiggrin:

Archived